What you think about minidiscs Cred Forums?

What you think about minidiscs Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2006/10/05/tdk-unveils-16-5gb-mini-blu-ray-discs-at-ceatec/
sonybuilding.jp/eventspace/opus/SonyDesign/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They were cool for a bit. Still have my Sharp Md-722 around in a closet somewhere.

Never saw one but for some reason they're insanely popular in the animes I watch. I wonder if they're popular in Japan.

They could have been huge: like CD-R + Zip + MP3. But fear of music bootlegging made Sony sabatoge a great thing, and wrecked everything while acomplishing nothing.

A tragic case of corporate short sidedness and stupidity.

THIS
the tech for mini-disc was amazing, and had a HUGE potential that Sony just wasted.

How did sony sabatoge it? I think there are mini-blurays.

The mini-blurays holds 16gbs. Sounds pretty good to me. Where the hell do I buy them?

engadget.com/2006/10/05/tdk-unveils-16-5gb-mini-blu-ray-discs-at-ceatec/

They could have been the next CD-R. But they were to expensive and there were no drives available for computers. Physical medium with no drives for the people who could actually make it widely available.

Maybe "your" animes are old, just this.

>short sidedness
For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

great compression capabilities, had most of my music compressed to 128kbps and it didn't sound muddy or gross like it usually goes.

I had a sony minidisc player then bought one that used higher capacity discs. Today I don't see much use for them but something was really satisfying about tossing a minidisc into the player and hearing that amazing "crunch" when closing it like an old tape player

You started off great, it was really good through the middle, but you over did it at the end. It still made me laugh.

No way. I've seen them in animes from 2005-2010 a lot, also a few times in this year's seasonal stuff. Minidiscs are clearly a thing in anime.

Spotted the newfag.

So, stop watching them. They are the problem.

>What you think about minidiscs Cred Forums?

Fucking loved mine. I regret getting rid of it.

>great compression capabilities, had most of my music compressed to 128kbps and it didn't sound muddy or gross like it usually goes

This. The quality was superb, especially when a digital recording was made.

>imblying

The sabatoge was that the Audio and Data disks were utterly incompatible with each other. Even the blank disks sold for data could not be used for audio, or vice versa.

Typical Sony. It's like the Japanese Apple.

how does it feel being a corporate chill good job advancing there agenda so they can make more and more money that they take by lies and deciept from the consumers i hope your capitalist tendacies come back to bite you someday and sting you like the poverty that so many of us have to indure thanks to big business like the ones you and your corporate sponsors have become by stealing all our money and keeping us down i hope your happy

... so if you had a mini-disk in your computer, it couldn't play music disks of any kind.

Oh my fucking god, just fucking kill yourself, you stupid fucking piece of shit.

good enough for neo
good enough for me

Lots of shows and movies use it for surprise value. Like "oh that's not a CD/DVD, that must be super important shit or a secret hacker disc!"

It's unusual so it draws attention.

The only ones I had was from a Coke promo

Loved them.

I ditched mine when the affordable mp3 players started hitting the market, but after some time returned to using it.
Even if the disc wasn't able to hold quite as many songs, it came very close and beat the mp3 players easily in battery life.
Also I've always liked the way they looked like.

I think they're very cute

Runs forever on one battery.
5 hours on one $3 disc if you're willing to sacrifice audio quality.
Recordability of tape, direct track access of a CD.

Unfortunately by the time they came down to a more affordable price, computers and CDRs were beginning to become ubiquitous. So why invest in a whole new format when you can keep using that old CD player?

Why do you ask?

cyber punk as fuck

'member when Sony was cool?

sonybuilding.jp/eventspace/opus/SonyDesign/

I met a guy selling this at a fleamarket a while back. Seemed pretty cool, was a FLCL fan. I bought a vinyl record player from him.

That's the one I had. I asked for a Mp3 Player for my birthday but it was too expensive so I was given this instead. I was disappointed because all my music was in mp3 format and dubbing music wasn't something I had to do since cassette player days.

Dude fuck you.

N707 here. I think it's still somewhere in the closet, though the record function is badly broken. Instead of simply not recording, it renders the disc unusable.

>TRANSFERRING AUDIO FILES IN REAL TIME

TRIGGERED.JPG

agreed
these damed things are just so cool looking in concept and just in looks
i don't even care if they're practical or not, i just think they're neat

They were bretty cool but as soon as an iPod existed it was apparent they had no purpose at all.

>Even if the disc wasn't able to hold quite as many songs, it came very close and beat the mp3 players easily in battery life.

That's bizarre. How could something with motors and a spinning disk have better battery life? Were your MP3 players tiny or something?

Minidisc 400 moving parts.
MP3 player 0.

I kind of wanted a MD player, but by the time I was really into music, I had a CD player and a CD burner.
MD has amazing aesthetic qualities though -- everything about the minidisc, from the media itself to the players just screamed 90s futuristic.

the worst bit is that MD wasn't even a bad idea, most of the issues with the format seem to be deliberate idiocy by Sony

Sony is actually the most retarded company of them all when it comes to their own media formats.
like, even to this day

Sony is the proto Apple, Jobs literally modeled Apple after a lot of Sony

shouldn't have died
bring them back with a modern version