Why should I use Arch when Manjaro can easily give me everything I need to get working?

Why should I use Arch when Manjaro can easily give me everything I need to get working?

when you don't want preinstalled programs running in the background eating up unnecessary resources, i.e. bloat

antergos is better

you should never use anything but ubuntu.
it's too bad so many fell for the arch linux meme.
ubuntu is far more customizable than arch is if you read the fucking manual.

Arch is fun to install.
Also this

>PPAs
never again

Use Snaps

It's still more work than typing in one command to find literally everything.

>using PPAs

>I didn't need that shitty software anyway!

It's fun to install Arch, and being better than buntu babbies is even better. But really Manjaro is a great os. No reason not to use it.

Why should you use manjaro when Ubuntu can easily give you everything you need to get working?

>compiling from source is too hard

t. clueless moron who switched to linux last month
Ubuntu is garbage distro nowadays, and that's a fact, not opinion. Every release is disaster and fixing critical bugs takes them half a fucking year.
No thanks, I would rather use distro that works. It's a shame honestly, Ubuntu used to be really solid. If they could stop forcing themselves to follow schedules they cannot keep it would be in a much better spot.

>Who needs package managers? I update from source like a real man! who needs free time?

Debian master race

It's not

>Just install those dependencies again even if they already.

>want to give Manjaro a shot
>literally can't get the installer to work

Man what a totally awesome system. Totally easier than typing a few arch commands.

At least I don't have to even TOUCH AMY KEYBOARD! Yeah who cares if you can only install from GUI and if that doesn't work you're out of luck, GUIS MAN HAHAAAAA

>No thanks, I would rather use distro that works.
why in the hell would you use a joke distro like arch linux? They compile bleeding edge packages and call it "rolling release" and when they break stuff they pretend it's not their fault.
great distro lol.

Here's your (You) . I know you need it since you're posting such shitty bait. Hope it lasts until your next fix

Debian master race here.

You seem upset and bothered. Are you ok?
What Manjaro release/version did you download?
Regardless 16.06, 16.08 and 16.10-dev all install just fine. Only took me 2-3 failed installs and installed successfully 16.08. 16.10 installs just fine with no problems or failed installs for me. I haven't tried installing 16.06 but I'm sure it'll install just fine

>he can't handle people talking shit about arch linux
wow insecure much?

Well I twinkled with some things and it's currently at the Manjaro logo. Is this something that takes a long time, or should I try remaking the USB?

I have nothing against Manjaro mind you - I just think too many people recommend it because "arch is too hard to install"

>post wrong opinions you probably don't even believe
>WOWWWWWWW can't take a criticism bro?

Pirate PowerISO and create the bootable USB again with PowerISO this time

Okay I figured it out.

It has something to do with iommu.

Anybody know how to add a kernel parameter to the so I can set iommu = soft?

If I disable iommu from my mobo it boots up but then I lose access to my keyboard.

try asking/seeking help in

Good to know you can admit that you are the fucking problem.

in /etc/default/grub append iommu=soft to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT

e.g. GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="iommu=soft"

then rebuild grub using sudo update-grub

openSuse, OBS and packman repo is all you need man

stop using a meme distro based in another meme distro.

/thread

>Arch without up to date packages
>Arch ran by a BR
>Arch by people who can't even keep their ssl certificates in order
>Arch for people who are too retarded to install Arch

Posted from my ARCH MACHINE (real Arch)

press F1 at that screen to get actual information so you can see what's taking forever

What's your fucking problem?

Hemorrhoids. And loneliness most of the time.

Please could someone share the arch install guide image for i3 image