I just installed these 2 and I can get 60fps@4k ultra in doom

i just installed these 2 and I can get 60fps@4k ultra in doom.

For reference, a top of the range 1080 gets 50 fps average

Meanwhile my lowest fps is 60

Sick blog, OP. Subscribed! :D

>4k ultra
Stop thinking graphics matter, sell one of your cards, and lower your settings a bit. Jesus shitfuck christ.

congratulations

p.s. send money

I would hope so, I mean DOOM is very easy to play. How do they do in other games? I'd love to be able to play AAA titles in 4k and would be willing to spend $800 to make it happen.

I was thinking about going with a 1440p 144hz and just capping fps based on game with a crossfire fury set up(for freesync). Would only cost $1k for both gpu's and the pixio moitor.

The nice thing is that I've always had pretty shitty graphics due to only having a 750w psu. I was able to finally go sli with high end cards because the 1070s only have 150w tdp

>two of one thing are more powerful than 1 slightly more powerful thing
Wow, it's fucking nothing.

In the last thread I made here people were denying that very fact, thinking a single 1080 would actually provide better performance. That's why I felt the need to make this thread

Apparently xfire is nowwhere near the level of sli in terms of the number of games which are supported well. I've not had the chance to do much testing with other games but fallout 4 also doesn't drop a single frame below 60

You seem incredibly insecure about your purchase.

>I'll p-prove to them it's the g-greatest!!!

Crossfire is no worse than SLI. They're both equally shit. Of course, you'll defend the one you bought. :^)

Why would you think they're equally shit?

I'm not insecure, I just like proving dumb cunts wrong.

what a freaking pathetic loser for wasting his blood shekels on this garbage to play his idiotic games in 4k placebo resolution, "coz it look better for the first few hours".
complete brainless idiots, people like this.
that's why the jew leeches still continue to rape this world, because of idiots like OP.

It only cost me 1000 didgeridollars. And I haven't bought anything for my computer for the last 3 years

And?

doom doesn't support crossfire or sli in either opengl or vulkan.

$1000 AUD?
I highly doubt that. Cheapest 1070 is ~ 600?

Go to ozbargain.com.au there was a 20% off sale on eBay

How does dual-GPU interact with vulkan?

Doom uses vulkan for its rendering, right? I would imagine that since multi-GPU is the app's job in vulkan, this would be the same for both nvidia and AMD.

>ozbargain.com.au
paid $630 a month ago.
oh well. :(

IIRC, vulkan doesn't even have multi-GPU support yet, but it's in the books for later versions. it's also the devs themselves that have to implement the feature into the games, instead of relying on AMD/nvidia.

it's not SLI/Xfire either, that stuff is exclusive to DX11, and DX12/vulkan threw that out of the window (which is why you can use a combo of AMD/Nvidia cards now, or hell even your iGPU + your dedicated GPU)

Vulcan doesn't work in sli with doom yet. Even OpenGL isn't supported officially with sli. If you use the max Payne 3 sli profile it works well with OpenGL though.

>IIRC, vulkan doesn't even have multi-GPU support yet, but it's in the books for later versions.
Oh, right. I remember seeing something similar but it was for multi-display support, not multi-GPU single-display support. Never mind my ignorance.

blaxk graphics matter

but what 4k monitor do you have? what is a good one to get today? MG28UQ ?

i just installed these 2 and I can get 120fps@4k ultra in doom.

For reference, a mid range 1070 SLI gets 60 fps average

Meanwhile my lowest fps is 120

>spend 36% more dollars
>get 20% more fps

totally gotem, OP

I have a 24" dell IPS

>1080
>twice as powerful as a 1070
nope

>get 20% more fps
i have V-sync on. who knows what crazy FPS i would get with it turned off

With a 750w PSU, so long as its not a knock-off brand, you could've even had two Fury X's and an overclocked i7.

>1070 SLI
>60Hz monitor

Christ.

Hz is far more important than resolution. There's pretty much no difference between 2560×1080 or 3440x1440 and 4k unless you monitor is over 60 inches.

>nope

It is when those 1070s are on a 60Hz monitor and I'm not.

>There's pretty much no difference between 2560×1080 or 3440x1440 and 4k unless you monitor is over 60 inches.
B U L L S H I T

My monitor is 30" and I can very readily see the difference

my CPU is overclocked to the shithouse

A 750w PSU would run 2x Radeon Pro Duos, retard

but you can't get 120Hz 4k monitors

What is this fucking garbage thread?
>60 fps (v-sync) in a shooter lmao thx 4k meme
>blogging like a fucking autist

it's nice not pushing your GPUs to the limit. That's why I run Vsync.

Sure you can. I have a 55in 4k and 34in 3440x1440 and there is very very little difference. 100Hz looks far smoother and better than the minor extra res.

>I have a 55in 4k and 34in 3440x1440 and there is very very little difference.
Yeah no shit your 4K monitor looks like ass, it's fucking 80 dpi. I bet it's also a shitty 4:2:0 HDTV instead of an actual PC monitor.

Opinion discarded manyfold

I can get 60fps@1440p ultra in doom with my 280x kek