I'm sorry if it might be too long to read, but I really want to get over this problem of mine once for all...

I'm sorry if it might be too long to read, but I really want to get over this problem of mine once for all, thanks for the patience and sorry for any misspellings:

Is being 18 years old too late to start getting deeply into Computer Science, learning Linux, Unix, IDE, Networking, Programming and everything else which concernes both Virtual and Electronic maths?

I know just a little SQL, some HTML, nearly shit about C (can't even remember how to write the arrays correctly) and never made a website or anything like that....

I never even built myself a computer and now I'm kinda anxious about doing it for the first time after so many years...

The problem is that I've tried to start programming and everything since when I was just 11 years old and interested in CS, but eventually every time got bored, distracted or either even sleepy.

In the last years I discovered to have grown with dyscalculia, especially because of how bad at school maths was expalined to me since I can understand most of the things with no problem if I know both the terms' meaning and how everything works logically and step by step.

I mean I can't even see something like "!=-1" or "i

You're fucking 18. You have a lifetime ahead of you. Start learning whatever the fuck you want. It's not late.

Also, it's length, not lenght.

OP Here, I already collected books and took trace of pages that can be helpful, I also started reading how to start getting into Algorithms months ago, which is about thousands page.

I just couldn't hold the pace and took a long rest from it, since I often couldn't understand nearly a thing about what there was written as well.

Maybe you're right, but I'm personally really conscious and care really much about the spent time, even if I might be young.

I mean, I had my time, my tools, the chances, money and self learner mentality to do it... Thus I feel the regret anyway and just can't get over it, at least not totally.

In the time it took to make this thread, you could have familiarised yourself with a new CS concept.

Thanks, that was helpful :(
Even if I tried tho I would have gotten quickly bored and understand not even half of it.

' it's too late to do x ' is a huge meme that you shouldn't fall for.

Op check out Weierstraß bio and ask yourself if it was too late.

Any other suggestions? People who had a similar problem?

I'm on a CompSci course, and most of the people still don't know shit. And yet the average graduate salary is one of the highest for any degree.

1: It isn't too late
2: Even if you suck, you're still good enough to get a decent job from it.

It's too late when you're dead.
Life is short, you can take any point in your lifetime and see there's not enough time left.
Because you're going to die very soon.

>The problem is that I've tried to start programming and everything since when I was just 11 years old and interested in CS, but eventually every time got bored, distracted or either even sleepy.

Lol, children...

You're 18 years old motherfucker

>little SQL, some HTML, nearly shit about C
and that is what most new CS majors know
are you enrolling in any college?

I dropped out after trying three different schools... Here where I live is all decaying, fileld with brainless monekys who just stay on their phone and underpaid teachers who miss classes or other similar shit... Not even worth it

I wanted to just study as a Self Learner and give HS exams when ready, also I wanted to do Engineering.. But after seeing what kinds of students and people in general are accepted in our unis I just lost hope, also because it wouldn't change anything and I would waste money to not even find a job in the end, since all unis students are all unemployed and unskilled here.

I wanted to learn anyway for academic purposes after getting my job experiences and such tho, so I will see.

Where are you from user?

you moron, you have no passion, give up, you will never be top tier.

I never gave up in my life... Otherwise I'd be dead by long time ago.

I'm just tired of trying with all my might and get disappointed, fail or be forced to see brats overtaking me after all my sacrifices for achieving things... So yeah, I have nearly no motivation to study and I'd really like to get at least some suggestion about Maths and CS from whomever had my same or similar problems with the matter.

18 is earlier than MOST start. Some people who are REALLY into computers started when they were 8, but those people usually had no friends and lived miserable lives in high school.

At 18 you have more than enough time to get deeply knowledgeable about CS, Linux, networking, programming, etc and be super beneficial to the work force.

I find the best way to learn anything is by having a goal in mind. If you just pick up a book on C and start reading you'll fall asleep. But if you're committed to making some semi-useful tool then you're constantly solving problems instead of learning, and that's entertaining.

just let it go. All you want is earn money, and you think this can be done easily. You should be better be buying lottery tickets

Go take a hike in the woods.

i'm 24 and have only used computers for gaming and internet browsing up to this point.

today is like my third day on arch and i'm already building a homesite using a python webframework.

you'd be surprised how fast you start learning.

i'd suggest downloading arch or gentoo it seems to teach you a lot in very little time.

Oh OP, the sooner you have the realisation that the age game matters little at best, the better. Let it plague you, but ultimately you want to transcend it.
I am 28 and only just now really start to get into programming and math and linux and so on. I worked with computers all my, dabbled in c++ years ago, assembled and dissambled pc's many time and feel at ease in ms-dos. Sure i have a late start, but I realized a few weeks ago that I really like working witj computers, so why not follow one of my passions.
It's never too late. Whoever tells you that gave up long ago.

Don't learn IDE OP, learn text editor.

Isn't IDE a type of text editor as well?