Does anyone use the Vivaldi browser? Its been recently getting a lot of attention

Does anyone use the Vivaldi browser? Its been recently getting a lot of attention.

I mainly use Opera, but every time it updates, they remove a feature or it becomes more unstable. I don't want to join the chrome botnet, and firefox is too slow and clunky.

Is Vivaldi a good alternative?

Other urls found in this thread:

vivaldi.com/source/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

It is the best browser around. It was slow for me before I upgraded my pc configuration and now it works like Speedy Gonzales!

I use it because I like my tabs at the left side as you can see way more tabs. But sometimes it still feels clumsy. They also removed the Mail feature (well, the button, the client was never ready).

I switched from Chinkchompera as well. But Vivaldi has similar flaws as it's a closed source program from a company that makes no money. Really makes you think if you know what I mean :^)

Comfy

Can you drag tabs outside of an existing browser window to a new window yet? I use multiple monitors so this feature is a must.

Yes

No =/

>doesn't want to join the chrome botnet
>so you joined a Chinese botnet

>Vivaldi

vivaldi.com/source/

You retard

I like the way it looks but went back to chrome because it was unstable when I used it (back then it was still WIP however)

Has it improved since?

The chinese doesn't sell my info to the U.S. government and I don't live in China.

>Its been recently getting a lot of attention.
Yeah, people talking about how slow and shitty it is

nice try opera devs

Nice try Vivaldi shill. Come back when you've actually got a real browser.

I'd come back, but your mom gets to clingy.

I don't think your bosses at Vivaldi would be too happy about you insulting potential users. You're supposed to be convincing us to use that pile of shit. How much do you get paid to shill anyway?

Off yourself.

0.5 shekel for every (you) I receive

Who makes this?

haha oh wow it IS opera devs

Ex Opera devs. Opera turned their browser into a shitty Chrome clone so they left and made an even shittier Chrome clone

best design but slow as fuck, not using it

>people actually think anyone would shill on a board with 10 active users

I personally like it a bunch. It's basically a waaay prettier chrome (with extensions) with some neat little features. However it's noticeably slower on low end machines, so i stick to chrome on my super old laptop, but i rock Vivaldi on my desktop. It has some minor things that annoy me, but they seem to be disappearing one by one with every update.

Nice try, shill

WHY WON'T YOU DOWNLOAD MY FREE SOFTWARE! REEEEE

it's one of the few browsers to freeze and then crash to desktop with an exception error -- with 5 tabs open

thing is half-baked and kinda shitty

It's Jon's (original developer of Opera) money that he got from selling Opera, plus the same kind of money Mozilla gets for searches inside Firefox.

Vivaldi still needs a mail program and RSS reader before I drop Opera 12.

>still using Opera 12
holy shit nigger, let it go.

Not him but I will when there's either a better browser or Opera simply no longer works with the modern web. Probably the latter.

O12 can barely (if at all) render web pages and the Presto engine is dead.

>O12 can barely (if at all) render web pages
Yet here I am using it daily, clearly you're wrong.
>the Presto engine is dead.
An engine that was only used in a browser that's been dead for three years is dead? You don't fucking say!

Your shilling is so fucking obvious that it hurts.

No, Vivaldi is trash. It's slow, unstable, doesn't conform with web standards, and can't render HTML properly. Also, it's proprietary.

>The chinese doesn't sell my info to the U.S. government and I don't live in China.
The Chinks sell your information to advertisers, one of which is google.

>see thread
>i guess i'll check it out
>go to site
>vivaldi is powered by node.js and shit
>wonder if there even exist competent programmers anymore
>download it anyway
>UI is laggy af, responds at least a few frames behind input

I'm convinced there's not 1 non shitty browser anymore.

>I personally like it a bunch.
How much did you get paid to say that?
>It's basically a waaay prettier chrome (with extensions) with some neat little features.
It looks mediocre at best, and it's insanely slow, so comparing it to the fastest browser on the market is a bit extreme. What relation does it have to chrome?
>However it's noticeably slower on low end machines, so i stick to chrome on my super old laptop, but i rock Vivaldi on my desktop.
You "rock" Vivaldi? Are you fucking autistic? You clearly aren't from here.

just because you can read the text, doesn't mean the page is displaying correctly.
As someone who used to use O12, I had to ditch it because it became so unbearably slow, and most pages were broken.

Let it go man. Its hard, but once you do, you'll be better off for it.

Like I said, I'll let it go when something better comes out or it simply no longer works with the modern web. I'm not going to downgrade just because, this shit's too fucking great to give up.

>taking the Speedy Gonzales! post seriously
I see we've picked up new trash since summer.

I hope otter browser gets a stable release soon

>updates Opera
>google is now localized
>most google's features like dictionary or weather are absent from localized one

fuck this.

Vivaldi always reminds me of Chateau Autiste, so I can't use it without laughing.

>uses webkit
why not just use the current opera browser?

Because Otter's attempting to fill the void Opera's death has created, Chropera's just piece of trash.

I do. But is has some very annoying quirks

Like for example, I usually type 4ch + down arrow + enter to go to Cred Forums (down arrow to skip google search)

After a recent update if you do the above, it will do a google search, with the url "Cred Forums.org/whatever" instead of google.

What the fuck.

it seems to have the bare functionality of a browser.
the current Opera has everything it has and uses the same engine.

You need to learn to read

ditto.

No. I actually can, you subhuman swine.

It's interesting but Firefox with e10 performs a lot better on my machine.

>you subhuman swine

Wow user you sure showed me

Vivaldi 1.3+ have been shit to me. I run it on multiple machines and I have a few issues on my higher specced machines. Anything with a decent graphics card suffers from a GPU acceleration issue that causes the page to load, but render blank. If I disable GPU acceleration, HTML5 video shits the bed. Started happening after 1.3 release and still not fixed in the latest dev snapshots.

Some of my shit machines run it fine.

Just giving you perspective on how autistic you sound.

Sure thing bud

Do you get this weird occurrence where, if you leave an unused tab sit in the background for a while and then click it, it blinks and does a maximizing effect?

I've had the blank screen once.

>ctrl-f "botnet"
>3 matches
What happened, Cred Forums?

Hopefully the botnet meme's finally dying.

Because after they decided to abandon Presto, they're even worse at selling you off than Google.

it's chrome re-skin

Which one of you is correct?

Stay away of this shit.

More unstable than fucking Firefox
It's like opera, but if there dev where drunk.

And I'm not speaking about there «punchline»

It's not even a fucking reskin, it's a Chromium web app.

No you cant. I use it everyday with 1111110000 tabs open. Cant drag out if window