What was the one distro that made you stop distro hopping and why?

What was the one distro that made you stop distro hopping and why?

For me it was solus.
>like the default de
>just werks
>realised its all just the same software so there's no point in distro hopping

That last point was the main one. Who cares if you browse the web or watch anime on arch or Ubuntu, as long as it works.

PeppermintOS.
Everything just fine.

I got a full time job so aint got time for disto hopping

Arch. I bought into the pacman will break X meme so I kept distro hopping before giving it a chance but in the end it's the only distro that does everything I want a distro to do.

And it's PeppermintOS 6 (six), actually. Not 7 (seven).

Win7

Debian. It's stable, easy, and just werks.

Mint. It's like Ubuntu, but it's not shit.
Installed Arch once before, didn't see the big fucking deal with it.

You mean TRIED to install Arch once probably.

Windows 10

Nah, I did the whole long install process. The wiki made it easy to do, but after a couple of weeks I was just meh about it. Nuked the drive and put Mint back on.

Ubuntu mate

Debian Gnome

Same here. Ironically, my Arch installation has never broken, while my Ubuntu installation would get nuked almost every time I tried to upgrade to a new release.

gentoo. Not even kidding.

slackware

it wasn't gaudy shit like RHEL, and ubuntu didn't exist yet.

Arch
Everything works nicely, so I don't I'd gain anything using a different distro.
Also I've got more important things to do, so I don't have time for hopping.

Fedora. Still running Gnome on it (looks amazing). Just werks for everyday use.

Why gentoo, though ?
>> Not even kidding
What made you stay ?

Debian. It was the second one I hopped to after Mint.

Arch, because I like rolling release. What's the point of distro hopping anyways? The distro barely makes any difference in how you use your PC, that's what the DE and WM does.

>The distro barely makes any difference in how you use your PC
this

openSUSE Tumbleweed.
GUI for (almost) everything, yay it being 2016.

This. That's why Arch is the one true distro with its vastly superior package manager, regular updates, and thousands of packages.

arch

>not using a weird distro that lacks fundamental features like user accounts

Fedora
Used mint for some years before but it's declined. Fedora has been great.

Paused hopping now for a while with lmde2. Works fine ootb on every single box I tried, easy to use, rolling release, based on Debian with its big software base.
But maybe I will go back to suse with tumbleweed. Works good as far as I tried and yast is godlike.

I didn't stop distrohopping till I found out OS X doesn't actually suck

Antergos.

Arch, just works and I like the comfiness of tiling wm (i3) and it was the first time I installed one.

Crunchbang.

Several reasons:
> No systemd
> Portage, its fine-grained control over literally everything and the fact that it doesn't pull a shitload of packets over anything
> Rolling release - because I got fucking tired of reinstalling whatever bullshit distro every N months.
> Differently from arch, it actually cares about your user settings and never overwrites them - it just suggests you every time you use something portage-related that you should update your configuration.

Also, for me the compilation and the kernel things are somehow downsides - I don't really want to fiddle with that. But I'm ready to accept this, in the end it's not really that terrible. I just update my shit every two weeks or so and live with it.
I will probably set up a server who will do my compilation for me, and just end up with downloading ready binaries - I'm setting up one anyways, so it will just be a nice feature to have.

Debian, it meets all my needs

me on the left

This.
The slogan should be "arch for non autists".
I think "arch for employed people" would also work.

Fedora XFCE Spin

It is literally the GOAT distro

Ended up with OpenBSD and FreeBSD / iro liveusb for everything graphics related. Haven't looked back.

Windows 10