Is Google ever going to replace Java with Go on Android?

Is Google ever going to replace Java with Go on Android?

No

Probably not because they're retarded.

Android should be a full OS that can have apps written in any language. The future is bleak.

Why not? It seems Go isn't being used for anything, what was the point, just to keep Rob Pike and Ken Thompson busy?

Go is supposed to replace Node.js, not java.

Does Golang has byte-compiler like Java? if it does, then YES, else it is doubtful.
Java and Golang have different structures; Java has an abstraction layer, but Golang doen't, and that abstraction layer absorbs difference among variant android devices. It once was Dalvic, but now is ART.

Go is used for writing concurrent applications like servers.

>iOS langs
- easy version of C++
- Js renamed to Swift
> Android langs
- just Indian

Can google even compete?

Sorry, I meant
> Js combined with Emojicode

Probably right after they establish a unified boot process and an extensive update system.

>See never

there's no significant advantage to having JIT instead of directly compiling as long as the language doesn't have undefined behavior
if there's no undefined behavior then the only additional effort a dev has is setting a different flag when compiling (GOOS, GOARCH) for the arch he wants to deploy to, not while writing any code.

>JIT
is Java VM kind of JIT (compiler)? I thought two are different things.
>compile code with flags for different archs
Then binary will be bloated, unless gentoo style on Android prevails.

Is google going to resurrect plan 9

Android java isn't JIT you dumb fucks

It's compiled at install time

doesn't change anything about my argument, same applies to ART

im surprised the plan 9 autists haven't tried to rewrite the whole OS in go yet to be honest

Swift is a much better language than JS, to be fair.

Go is a better language than Swift.

They ported the Go language to Plan9 though

they have, and i think rewriting plan 9 itself in go wouldn't be hard since plan 9 itself is so simple

just look at inferno, which rewrote a lot of plan 9 stuff in limbo

Any programming language has to reach a certain critical mass in order for software companies to adopt it for developing mainstream applications. Right now Go is still not fully accepted in what its proved to be good for so far which is server infrastructure and backend web. There is still not a lot of jobs for Go web developers

>There is still not a lot of jobs for Go web developers
I'm a JS dev and I put my resume on a certain website (won't mention it because I don't want to advertise, but it's a well known website) and I mentioned I wanted to learn go. I get a job offer to do something with golang about once a week.