Anyone have experience with these super-small handheld keyboard things...

Anyone have experience with these super-small handheld keyboard things? I've set up a pi board on my TV and I want one of these things to use as a daily remote. The one in the photo has a pointer mouse, which seems good but I don't quite understand.

What features should I look for in them?
Any tips or recomendations?

amazon.com/gp/product/B00ITM9RO6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A867P1BBKCZM8

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01KV0P8FA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A114NNDZXPI2CS
amazon.com/gp/product/B00TAUTRU0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A114NNDZXPI2CS
amazon.com/gp/product/B01BYKAOXC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A29UTA6YQ2YK7E
amazon.com/Rii-Stainless-Wireless-Rechargable-Raspberry/dp/B00ESUXXZM/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1474734197&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=rii keyboard&psc=1&smid=A1JQNKX8H5YU3Y
amazon.com/iPazzPort-Wireless-Handheld-Raspberry-KP-810-19S/dp/B01CE70TZC/ref=pd_bxgy_147_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TYGH5F971ZAS68VZ3FJQ
amazon.com/gp/product/B00JQZUIP2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This one looks good too.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01KV0P8FA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A114NNDZXPI2CS

I use a Rii keyboard.
It's annoying bc it loses signal easily, but other than that it does its job.

This one looks great for two handed use, but bad for one handed use.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00TAUTRU0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A114NNDZXPI2CS

Dunno what that is.

I'll probably get one of these also to use as a couch keyboard, but not for walking around with.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01BYKAOXC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A29UTA6YQ2YK7E

ahh yeah I saw these. Looks hot but only have 80% approval on amazon.

amazon.com/Rii-Stainless-Wireless-Rechargable-Raspberry/dp/B00ESUXXZM/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1474734197&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=rii keyboard&psc=1&smid=A1JQNKX8H5YU3Y

This one is kinda just OK imo, but there's a third party that sells a care for it sssooooooo.... that's a selling point.

amazon.com/iPazzPort-Wireless-Handheld-Raspberry-KP-810-19S/dp/B01CE70TZC/ref=pd_bxgy_147_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TYGH5F971ZAS68VZ3FJQ

case *

Anyone have experience with these one/two handed portable keyboards/mice?

i have one of those. it works but definitely fucking awkward to use.

They suck. A bt keyboard may be bigger but also work much better.

Yeah hence why i'm here asking for advice. I can see how it'd be hard to use. What makes it awkward? Do you have small hands?

The problem is that I'm going to want two keyboards attached at the same time, and I'm not sure if BT can handle two at once. If not, I'll have to get one of these proprietry wireless dongles for one of them.

I'll be buying one of these soon.

Just use your tv remote over CEC

same hand, different remote photoshopped in?

Just looked that up, didn't know that was a thing. Is there lag though, between the remote --> tv --> rpi?

potentially, yes. #handmodel

Never noticed any with my tv

Just enabled it
>disabled by default
Yeah there's lag. It isn't crippling but still significant. Although I'm fairly happy with controlling the rpi with the remote. It will work for now but eventually I think I'll want something with a keyboard/mouse.

Using a wired keyboard I can downscroll basically as fast as the button will press. Using the TV remote I get maybe a maximum of 3-5 items per second scroll.

Okay. Well i have one of those small keyboards. I guess they work bit it is smartphone like typing. It works if you just want to browse but for typing comments its pretty shit.

Not necessarily because the keys are too small. But i just like full size keyboards better if i have the possibility of using them. You could try looking at a cheap kb that works on 2.4ghz or something if you dont want bt.

I get better speed when I just hold the up/down button, but still not even sa fast as pressing a keyboard key. Not sure where the bottleneck is.

>try pressing it repeatedly
that's what I'm doing?

>but for typing comments its pretty shit.
Yeah I figure as much, which is why I want a more legit keyboard for couch time. That is mostly for keeping with me while I'm up and around the house, like in my pocket maybe.

Yeah, I misread your post

i have one of these for my kodi box. works pretty good.

If you look at your keyboard on your phone you will notice that instead of using all the available space the rows are slightly offset similar to a full size keyboard.

Now look at the mini keyboards. Notice how they've fucked up many of them? It's a simple thing but you will find yourself having to correct for it often.

Something different but interesting; the twiddler

I see what you're saying, yeah I would get annoyed at that. Not all are like that it seems.

looks interesting. looks awkward as fuck.

I might buy one of these also ..

amazon.com/gp/product/B00JQZUIP2

I bought this one recently. Works well with Windows 10, Android (Fire HD 8), and my iPhone 6S Plus.

I need mouse capability as well.