Tfw I decided to upgrade because windows subsystem for linux is pretty dank

>tfw I decided to upgrade because windows subsystem for linux is pretty dank
Will I be cucked by Microsoft? How bad is it?
Linuxfags pls don't respond. I want to know the answer from a Windows 10 user.

Enjoy your shit UI, forced updates, and privacy invasion.

>forced updates
Nobody forces me to keep Windows Update service enabled
>shit UI
Your mother
>privacy invasion
I'll castrate it immediately from all shady shit running in the background.

>"linuxfags don't respond win10 users only"
So you don't want any info about it?
Pick one you dumb fuck or get the fuck out of my board.

>my board
I think you forgot to take your meds today, jordan.

>Your mother
Wow user, you sure proved me wrong.
>I'll castrate it immediately from all shady shit running in the background
You actually think you can stop Windows from doing whatever the fuck it wants? Top kek, enjoy that false sense of security, you fucking retard.

Why should I prove you wrong? It's not shit to me, and I'm not gonna talk about preferences you flaming faggot.
>you actually think
Yes, I do. Not entirely, but at least telemetry won't be enabled.

>Why should I prove you wrong? It's not shit to me, and I'm not gonna talk about preferences you flaming faggot.
It's objectively shit. You're a fucking moron if you disagree.
>Yes, I do
pic related

Can you share wallpaper ?

It's a crippled system compared to a virtual machines, but guess it's enough for most users. For example you cannot mount loop devices.

Also, upgrading to win10 is dumb, do a clean install and install enterprise, not home/pro if you still can.

Yes.

>objectively
Because your mom said so?
Fuck off faggot
>le may may pic rel
Get back to you subhuman trash.
>mission critical system in NASA, SpaceX, all production companies (Windows Embedded)
>crippled
Nice meme!
Care to elaborate, nigger?

>has absolutely no argument
>keeps arguing
user..

>Nice meme!

Read that sentence again and take a fucking chillpill. I was clearly talking about the ubuntu subsystem.

Windows 10 user here. If you can find your way to Group Policy the OS is tolerable.

Many things will probably trigger your autism though. Services with just an error code as description. 2 control panels. Random fucking apps installed during install. Can't get rid of the trash apps such as Xbox and OneDrive without resorting to CMD line hackery. Not to mention the big service pack updates such as the Anniversary Update aren't really updates but a non-clean reinstall.

enjoy your hdd and ethernet ports turning on and transfering data without your consent.

>chillpill
>chillpill me
I'm already using Windows 10 desu. I'm more interested in what this update changes.

>ethernet port
>implying I'm ever using one
Sometimes I'm connecting it just to download some shit from home server.

Where do you want me to start?

The fact that it automatically logs your tastes.
The fact that it cucks the ability to installs older windows versions on newer hardware because of intel's and Microshafts control of the PC market.
The fact that it's fully botneted into the BIOS/UEFI of modern computers.
The fact that it's cloud based architecture makes use of your own resources to upload and crunch data for them?(ie: altough optional and enforced by default you're always seeding their windows updates to other computers via P2P).

I got more shit on how microshaft is cucking you friendo.

The Linux subsystem is shit.

I tried using at my job to build large projects and it sucks, threw a bunch of errors. Stick to actual Linux.

>I'll castrate it immediately from all shady shit running in the background.

Good luck with that.

>still has no argument
>just starts directing people to random boards
Please do us all a favor and stop posting.

>:source needed:
I'm still using Ivy Bridge CPU with no desire to upgrade
>:source needed:
You don't have to use the meme cloud part.
>by default
Learn to configure your OS in that case. It's NOT ENFORCED, you can disable it easily in 10 seconds.
>cucking you
Kek, at least they provide what I expect from a computer. Linus Cockvalds cucks you even more with his crippled architecture.

>us
Take your meds dude. It's getting worse.
>be not allowed to post in this thread
>nobody wants to know your opinion here, yet you respond and try to shitpost
Still, get back to

>All this bullshit

I detect a shill who is unable to read.

What meds?
>not allowed to post in this thread
Sounds like you're the one who needs meds.
>get back to Cred Forums
Why do you keep telling me to go to your home board?

They delete your programs without permission, your choice opie.

>they delete your speccy
Fix'd for you
Not a problem for me to reinstall

Why is everyone so excited about the whole linux subsystem thing? there were multiple ways to use BASH on Windows before.

But it wasn't intergrated in such nice way.

Should have just installed cygwin instead of upgrading for a crippled bash shell

>something happend

They are paid windows shills.

>"I like Linux features"
>...
>Installs windows
>mfw

Linux has no gaymes

So. How are those backups?

Which backups?

...oh god

That looks really nice. I wish it was in dual-monitor because I would have loved that wallpaper.

you'll be fine, though personally I would've just backed stuff up and done a clean install. sure it's a bit of extra work but the windowsold folder agitates my ocd

I use both OP. I enjoy windows 10. But been using Arch cinnamon past few days and all is well. Not a gamer so whatever. I just dual boot

> HL and CS run natively
> all classics run under Wine
It's not like recent games are good enough for sacrificing all of your freedumz, user

this
windows 10 users think disabling it in control panel or killing a process will do anything.

I may be dumb, but for the connections reporting back to microsoft, couldnt you simply block those connections in your routers firewall?

>windows

>upgrade

Pick one.

>hurr winderp users have no control over their box
it's sad to see someone using such and old and obvious meme

Dual boot mate. A barebones Windows installation (antivirus isn't allowed) for gaems + a Linux distro (even the bloated Ubuntu starts in like 10 seconds and shut downs in even less)

we can all agree that cygwin is shit

>because windows subsystem for linux
what did he mean by this?

>Will I be cucked by Microsoft?

No.

>How bad is it?

It's fine. Ignore the autists who go crazy over the tracking, it's literally nothing. If you use Google, they do the exact same anonymous tracking for ads, and you can also disable it in Windows 10.

>old games
no thanks.
CS:GO to be playable on my low-end gpu requires windows. Linooox wastes too much resources on simple gaymes.

i also fell for the bash on windows 10 meme .. and its great, i see no need for my linux partition anymore. linux has been once more reduced to a server OS, seriosuly RIP your open source efforts. maybe wayland will change something.. (it won't).