>Last updated: November 14, 2015

RIP in peace MPC-HC

Other urls found in this thread:

codecguide.com/changelogs_mega.htm
nightly.mpc-hc.org/
nightly.mpc-hc.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It just werks, user.
Software to be good doesn't need to be up-to-date.

stop being an edgelord and use VLC like everyone else

The ultimate answer is MPV, but OK. Still better than VLCBUFFERFONT

>Software to be good doesn't need to be up-to-date.

The mantra of the Linux user.

>VLC

Can you left click in the video window to pause yet? Or is that still beyond their programming abilities?

why not just click the pause button like a normal human being?

>perfectioning something that's already perfect

It's super small and it's more convenient to click on a video.

it doesnt have the decoders for vp9/hevc if your gpu supports it

Press the spacebar then.

alternative? not VLC please. memepeevee also a shit

There are codec packs with MPC-HC.
codecguide.com/changelogs_mega.htm
> Added support for hardware accelerated decoding of HEVC/H.265 video. Because all currently available hardware does not yet contain a fixed-function decoder for HEVC, the current implementation utilizes the general shader and video processing units of the GPU. As a result the performance is lower and power consumption higher than you might expect. Future hardware will contain a fixed-function decoder and provide better acceleration. At this moment the decoder only works with high-end Intel (HD 4600/5x00/6x00) and NVIDIA (GTX 680/780/870/880/Titan) GPUs. Latest graphics driver is also required.

>codec packs
into the trash etc etc
>also
who the fuck uses last gen GPUs?

> into the trash
Don't whine then.
> who the fuck
Everybody.

>Can you left click in the video window to pause yet?
That would require me to to take right hand outta keyboard, grab a mouse and press it.
I prefer pressing Spase.

>Press the spacebar then.

I just take my mouse into the living room as a remote. Literally every other video player whether program, or browser based has this functionality.

They explicitly refuse to add it while stating that it interferes with the right-click context menu. Someone even wrote an extension to enable it and the devs closed whatever loophole the author used to add it.

It's baffling.

Just use AHK to send space when the mouse is over the video frame.

>inb4 WAAAH SCRIPTING IS HARD I AM HELPLESS LIKE A MACFAG

But why do you insist on using such a crappy player when there are hundreds of better alternatives? VLCs color accuracy is vomit inducing, not to mention the lack of features when compared to other players.

poorshit

Just werks.

nightly.mpc-hc.org/

>Codec packs

Fuck off Pajeet. Codec packs haven't been necessary for ten years. MPC-HC and VLC play everything straight out of the box. Codec packs are just a malware delivery vector for street-shitters

It's easier to just install another, better player.

>But why do you insist on using such a crappy player

I don't. I installed it a few years ago, found out it didn't have what I consider to be one of the most fundamental input methods of a video player, and that they actively didn't want to support it, then uninstalled.

Use this picture dude! And don't forget the nightly builds!
nightly.mpc-hc.org