These 3 little faggot tasks have been at it for over 20 minutes now. My computer is almost completely unusable

These 3 little faggot tasks have been at it for over 20 minutes now. My computer is almost completely unusable.

install a linux distro

This is actually set up to dual boot Linux Mint and Windows 10 Pro. This is the first time I've used Windows in months.

ur probably hacked bro

open resource monitor to see what exactly is doing this

I've had this as a consistent problem on multiple machines since Windows 10 came out. If you search "Windows 10 100% disk usage" you'll find countless people having the same issue with countless of differing ways to get rid of it. I've tried tons of these solutions and they never get rid of it.

In all my searching and dealings with this shit, I've come to the conclusion that it's related to the way that Defender scanning your files and/or search indexing. Neither of which are easy to turn off, and sometimes it still doesn't fix the problem.

One more reason that Windows 10 is absolute fucking garbage and needs to die. Seriously just install GNU/Linux and solely run Windows 7 for video games, if that's a necessity for you.

>a few MB/s
>100% of disk
lol

what is random read and write for $100?

It's easy as fuck to disable defender! I did it when Windows 10 first came out, and it's working just fine without it.

I disabled it because it would automatically delete shit from torrents.

>I disabled it because it would automatically delete shit from torrents.

You mean viruses?

No... Files that weren't malware, and I knew they weren't. Defender sucks dick.

I've got the same reason on a Laptop with Windows 7. The task manager doesn't show disk usage, but resource monitor does. And it can take up to an hour until disk usage goes to 0 % while I do absolutely nothing.

>I've got the same reason on a Laptop with Windows 7
The same issue, not the same reason.

It's why I disabled Defender.

What the fuck kind of drive chokes at 3mb/s? Get an SSD poor fag

>600 mb/s
>task manager puts it at 30% load with 20 programs open

I'm going back to linux because this shit keeps pegging a core on my laptop and spiking the temp up to like 95C. Unfuckingacceptable.

It's not 100% utilization. It means it's been active 100% of the time for the last N seconds.

It's an awful metric, not a shitty drive.

OH, LOOK WHO IT IS, SVCHOST, FUCKING OVER ANOTHER HARDDRIVE.

>Windows
Found your problem

Hey OP I deal with this problem all the time. The "fix" is as follows:
Start menu > Type "Windows Defender" > Open > Click "Settings" > Turn slider off
It will automatically turn back on again after a set time, so you will be constantly having to turn it off. Its supposed to only do it when your computer is idle but Windows doesn't know what the FUCK its doing.

>Literal botnet slowing PC down
Wincuckolds WILL defend this

Should add little logs on his fingers to imply key loggers.

>windows 10

theheheheheehehe who told u about Cred Forums? XD

>winfags can't even ltrace a process