In Cred Forums opinion what's the best programing language to learn first and way to learn it fast ?

In Cred Forums opinion what's the best programing language to learn first and way to learn it fast ?

Python

Official docs

C, using K&R

I don't know if that's the fastest way, but it's the right way.

Java
read "Head First Java"

w-why does no one like swift

javascript.
grow ridiculous facial hair, start dressing like a douche and pretend to attend some webinars.

Scheme

SICP

Swift has too many features that would confuse a beginner. You cant appreciate Swift till you know C, Python, Java and a functional language.

x86 asm

this.
Start with assembly, it gives you better understanding.

Op here my plan is to learn python first as I have a book on it but from there I want to learn java what should I learn after java and any input on my plan ?

Have an idea of a simple thing to build.
e.g. a text adventure game.

Pick a language and go.

Break the idea into small parts and break the small parts into even smaller things, until you get something you can find through experimenting or googling.

For the example, that could be "how to write text to the screen", "how to get user input", etc.

Go.

the proper progression is:
Java >> C >> functional language >> scripting language (Python/Ruby/Javascript) >> whatever language you want to use after that

just do python and c/c++ since they interop well

There really is no reason to bother learning functional programming.

bash.
install gentoo.

Visual Basic

I would agree with this if you want a comprehensive background, moving through data structures and whatnot early on in Java or C.

However python + shellscript + a query language together can are enough of a toolkit for almost any project.

If you want to spend a year learning abstract concepts then get a book that goes over basic data structures in c or java. However you will not be able to build anything really interesting for a while.

If you want to dive in and accept a lackluster understanding of core programming concepts then start with python. However you will be a lot closer to doing some interesting stand alone programs than if you pick up a compiled language like C.

And if you want to do anything with the web and don't give a damn about the rigor of coding the start with JavaScript and Jquery which is very very accessible

JavaScript
Language of the future
Both object-oriented and functional at the same time

It really doesn't matter that much. Just pick a reasonably popular one and look at the most popular books for learning it. Do a lot of reading and coding.

You mean typescript, right?

It's made by microsoft. Stay away.

C++11
I don't know man.

C/C++. Learn the fundamentals once, learn them well.