This is Admiral Grace Hopper. She invented the internet, the computer, and was the best programmer who ever lived...

This is Admiral Grace Hopper. She invented the internet, the computer, and was the best programmer who ever lived. Why doesn't anyone know her name?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konrad_Zuse
thezog.info/list-summaries/
jrbooksonline.com/PDF_Books/jewishsupremacism.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Mark_I
youtube.com/watch?v=URVS4H7vrdU
computerhope.com/issues/ch001016.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=zaRHU1XxMJQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>the best programmer who ever lived
Fuck off CIA nigger

Bullshit she did, whore sucked a bunch of dicks for promotion and got credit for male achievements, typical female.

Because she didn't do any of those things and the few things she DID accomplish have been completely gaslighted out of living memory because she along with Ada Lovelace have been hijacked by feminists to advance their agenda.

You are lying, OP, the first Turing complete electronic computer was built by a German computer scientist named "Konrad Zuse" in 1934, see:

Due to the fact that Zuse had poor funding and limited resources, British and American computer scientists would later build newer and better Turing complete electronic computers that had better designs than Zuse's computer, but Zuse's original computers were nevertheless used by the Luftwaffe to do mathematical calculations required for designing jet air craft and Werner von Braun's V2 rockets (first ballistic missile ever?).

Maybe the reason nobody talks about Konrad Zuse is because he is not chosen to be an "approved celebrity" by the people on this list:

thezog.info/list-summaries/

Also, if you want to know how the people on this list got to be where they are, start reading at page 12 in this book:

jrbooksonline.com/PDF_Books/jewishsupremacism.pdf

We all know who she was.

She didn't invent the computer
She didn't invent the Internet
She did contribute to the development of COBOL

>internet
You don't say.

Al Gore didn't actually "invent" the internet, LOL

Grace Hopper was a computer programmer on the "Harvard Mark I" computer, a computer that first became operational in 1944:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Mark_I

which was 11 years after Konrad Zuse built his first computer out of a bunch of junk parts in his mother's basement around 1934 or 1935 or so (Konrad Zuse not only built the first electronic computer but he was probably also the world's first Cred Forums basement dweller):

You need to know that COBOL and IBM assembly aren't that different from each other. IBM assembly is very high-level compared to most.

At NASA in the 1960s, scientist Margaret Hamilton conjured the code that got men to the moon on Apollo. She's shown here with listings of the software she and her team developed.

Smart girls.

This is Dennis Ritchie. He invented C, Unix, and was the best programmer that ever lived, why doesn't anyone know his name?

She didn't write that, she sucked some dick and took credit for what her team did. Fucking slut.

Sounds like:
>Wright brothers invented airplanes
>Wright brothers made the best airplanes
>implying C, Unix and other Bell Labs' CS ebola wasn't made by teamwork.

why are you so intimidated by smart women?

>implying C, Unix and other Bell Labs' CS ebola wasn't made by teamwork.
well no, read a book nigger
also filtered

>your book
>my papertowel

Back in 60s programming was considered a job for women btw.
Real men got EE.

>gaslighted
stopped reading right there you SJW shill

glad to see some things dont change.

DELETE THIS!111!

Why?

Because the mass media has never talked about UNIX except for maybe a very short 15 second clip in the movie "Jurassic Park" shown here:

youtube.com/watch?v=URVS4H7vrdU

that showed one of the SGI IRIX machines that ILM was using (along with Sun Solaris boxes) to render video special effects.

OP. This post is completely satirical. I'm surprised no one has caught on to the hyperbole.

And programming was basically knitting with wiring.

>its a unix system
>finds the shit she wants
>clicks on it
>you dont have permission to do that
>guesses at passwords until door guy tires out
>everyone dies
>movie over
>no sequels

>She invented the internet, the computer, and was the best programmer who ever lived
First two are objectively wrong. Third is pure opinion. Stop trying to get your moobs sucked you fat male SJW.

>inventors of the internet
computerhope.com/issues/ch001016.htm
>inventor of the first programmable (modern) computer

Feels good to be a German. Sieg Heil!

>its a unix system

I also wanted to add that you can tell that they were using SGI IRIX and not some other UNIX distro like Sun Solaris in Jurassic Park because SGI IRIX is the only UNIX distro that has a 3d file system browser like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=zaRHU1XxMJQ

Sieg Heil.

Get rid of Merkel.

You never said why it should be deleted.

Enjoy your one month ban pal

Honestly, her contribution was really impressive and I applaud hey for her service.

Women have been central to computer science and that's awesome

So basically every unix and unix-like system ever. Btw I'm reporting this incident.

so this is how those disguised SJW threads look like.

Fuck off and stop spamming this shit on every board. Go back to

>her contribution was "computers are too hard they should be easier!!"
>"led" a team of male engineers in accomplishing that
Amazing

programming back then is equivalent to code monkeying now

someone else makes the decisions on what to write, you go ahead and write it. women and indians have always been able to follow instructions.

Computers back then were mostly academia and military-industrial complex, both of which had much higher female participation then private sector businesses.

Then Apple and MS came along and BTFO them.

I try these kinds of posts, then everyone calls me an idiot cause I got the information wrong.

The hell won't let me go.

>He invented the most undefined language in existence
Big accomplishment

back then programming was basically being a typist.

>UNIX distro that has a 3d file system br
thats pretty dank.
Is there any 3d file managers for modern linux?

>Btw I'm reporting this incident.
Good luck, nobody even knows where the report is sent to.

Only when disgusting niggers like you leave as well.

This is bait right?

or are you just posting shit you saw on facebook one time without looking into what this is actually a picture of?

ada lovelace wasn't a programmer
she didn't even know how charles babbage automated analytical engine worked, what happened was that charles used her connection to high society to promote his work

it's also pretty stupid for people to assume charles, the inventor, didn't know how his machine worked

actually the real injustice with unrecognized women in computers is that one hottie nasa girls from the 60's who worked on the appolo mission.

this is actually one of the most significant advancements in history on its own right, and hardly anyone knows who she is. infact i cant even remember her name right now.
she is literally the most accomplished woman of all time who actually has done something useful.

admiral grace hopper and ada lovelace are fucking memes

My grandma was a programmer for 5 years in the 60s. I asked her about it and it seems like she was just a keypunch operator.

yes
this is the most accomplished female of all time

yep

really makes you think how as programming got more abstract, women numbers dropped

because some people want the Knuth-based bastard child she created to die in obscurity.

It's not one single person who managed to do everything. We're where we are in society right now because of the continued efforts of many people over the past centuries to constantly question things and find answers for them. The technology you're using on, that chair you're sitting on, that house you're living in is all the result of past generations of mankind before you who've contributed so that the future generation (you) could live. It's up to you to continue the cycle.

Here you go retard:
"The code is written in assembly language for the AGC (Apollo Guidence Computer), that's why it prints to such a large volume of paper - each line printed is a single machine instruction."
Fucking tech illiterate normies I swear...

>Why doesn't anyone know her name?
she wasn't rich or hot

800 programming languages created by MEN. One language partly created by a female, and women become the geniuses of the industry.

She looks like a tranny Lennon/Radcliffe

Because he didn't invent the phone.

>Hopper
For a moment i read it as "Hopps"

>Because he didn't invent the phone.
Neither did Jobs, nor did he ever claim to have.

And I use her language on daily basis.

It sucks.

Just letting you know this is a print out of an error code, not hand written code

>implying that alexander graham bell didn't invent the phone
(You)

>She invented the mistake known as the internet

Of course it was a stupid bitch, why am I not surprised?

>best programmer
not so fast

>guy who made shitty shareware games for poorfags and little kids with hand-me-down computers
>best programmer ever

A woman is a hole for injecting fluids into.

kek

something like this in a vr window manager could be fun
tfw im a poorfag

Suck it down.

/thread

You know they don't disclose the actual identities of important people to avoid espionage and war crimes right?

I'm not kidding. Apogee games are some of the most overrated things ever, yet nostalgiafags think they were programmed by Jesus himself.

First you got her grand contributions wrong.

She created the first wide application machine-independent programming language, which became the foundation for COBOL.

Second there are lots of people who know about her. One of my friends has her face on his favorite coffee mug. He says it keeps him going when he codes. But it could just be all that caffeine rather then some deeper respect to fuel his motivation, I've never asked.

Actually the Wright brothers major breakthrough was the wind tunnel and recognizing most aerodynamics scale. This let them test prototypes in weeks, rather then years with far less money. In fact most of their final design was just a refinement of other major people of the time, who were very close to break the puzzle and likely would have in 20 or 30 years given their rate of development even if the Wright brother had not found a way to rapidly test things.

Al Gore:
S 2594 Supercomputer Network Study Act of 1986

High Performance Computing and Communication Act of 1991 (commonly referred to as "The Gore Bill

Perhaps one of the most important results of the Gore Bill was the development of Mosaic in 1993

Yes, Al Gore pushed hard to fund "computer networking for public use" and was definitely a key patron of the Internet.

But helping to fund this new fangled thing that will likely change the world, is not the same as inventing it.

Still thing wouldn't be the same without him, but please stop calling him the inventor.

>Carmack belonged to apogee.

They also didn't even use "gaslighted" properly. They're actually a double-meta shill: a SQW shilling as a SJW shill to discredit SJWs.

t. SJW

She invented the first compiler.

Not really, the distinction between planning and implementation was always there, but back in those days all programming was done in assembly.

So in modern programming, you go from "sort the users by age, in ascending order" to users.sortby(age,ASCENDING);, whereas back in the day you'd have to do it all by hand in assembly. Getting anything useful done in assembly is impressive by itself.

The Analytical Engine was never even built, and the plans were never fully finalized, so NO ONE actually knew how to program it.

That's like saying a computer is a hole for inserting floppy disks into.

>SQW
Please expand this acronym.

Status Quo Warrior

>thinks some stupid amerifag invented the computer

as a kid I thought she said "its a unit system"

only learned the truth 1 minute ago when I read your post

ty for enlightening me senpai

omg why am I reading this boring thread

10/10 I would fuck

>too stupid to use a language that doesn't take care of your retardation
Yeah, stick to Java.

>18 hours ago
>Projecting
Autism/10

She looks like the snapchat filter with the glasses.

DELET THIS!!!!?!?!??!

Hey look, it's Sufjan Abdul Fattah Jandali

I really like this edit.

Because women would rather look up to a model who has no idea what she's talking about, than somebody actually accomplished.

It's not like guys don't know who she is.

>trusting Wikipedia

>Why doesn't anyone know her name?
who's name?

>believing that's her real name
>Grace Hopper
>Grass Hopper
>Worked at the highest level of the military

This is Fran Allen. She received the Turing award (the nobel prize for programmers) for her work on compiler optimization. She is the greatest compiler writer who ever lived. Why doesnt anyone know her name?

>not magically knowing every thing about Z