Cool Cosmetic Shit

So I'm getting bored of my computer desktop and all of it's plainness.

Are there any cool programs that do cosmetic/cool things for my desktop? I just want to spice it up. Things like Fences, scrollbar fields, Clocks, lights, animations etc.

Basically this thread is just for "things that make your desktop look cooler" I'm genuinely curious to see whats out there.

I use to install a pretty mean desktop dancer back in the day, op. She would strip and shit

you'll never make a windows desktop look cool. but i guess look into rainmeter

Install arch

Install the Arc theme for Windows 10, I guess? It's what I did, and I'm happy with it.

That looks even more plain then window 10 default though

It looks like those shitty Chinese knockoff toys compared to their American counterparts

This is what windows 10 should've looked like

I'm so glad it doesn't. Thats so minamilist it hurts.

Your personal computer should stand out, not look like it belongs in a corporate office.

Thats why customization exists.

>that
>too minimal
Are you kidding me? What functions do you see missing?

I bet you're using a mac faggot

>Your personal computer should stand out

Why would I want my personal computer to stand out? I just want a comfy desktop not a fucking special snowflake

No? Windows.

I'm not talking icons, I'm talking color and composition. It looks too high strung and corporate. It's literally just blue with greys mixed in. Theres no individuality, no interest, it just looks.. soulless.

If theres one thing Microsoft needs its a better Art director.

>>windows

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIES GET OFF MY BOARD

It looks comfy user. You can make your PC look like toddler toy but actually like my set up.

>Soulless
No. It looks like a fluffy white cat with blue eyes :3

>comfy

YOUR FOLDERS ARE RECTANGLES user.

RECTANGLES.

OPEN YOUR EYES. THAT IS WEIRD, DISTURBING. AND MINIMALIST AS FUCK.

Well, it matches the Arc theme on my Laptop so that's really all I care about. It's vaguely a consistent experience across my portable PC and my desktop if one sorta crosses their eyes.

I like it more, of course ymmv on this sort of thing. I guess if you're looking for something out there and over the top, maybe they still make Astonshell?

Do you like circles more?

Just get with the times. geez

I like something that actually looks like a folder

There are millions of folder icons out there and you choose the most visually boring ones in existence.

Top-down view folders look like bricks.

Post your setup then.

user you clearly don't appreciate simplicity

Picture related

Gladly

>something that actually looks like a folder
The problem might be that you're like fifty years old. When I think of "folder", I think of a node in a computer's file system. I do not think of a little cardboard case for keeping papers in.

rainmeter is useful if you don't go full retard with it and begin ricing beyond our plain of existence. I use it just for clocks and docks.