acurrie.me/2014/11/03/how-to-find-spyware-on-your-android-device/
community.kde.org/KDEConnect
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghostsq.commander&hl=en
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/android#Android_Debug_Bridge_.28ADB.29
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FTP

>remove microSD card from phone
>insert into PC's card reader
Hell I don't even bother with that anymore, I just use BlackBerry Link.

adb push
adb pull

wifi

i just use ftp over wifi

What's wrong with MTP?

>What's wrong with MTP?

No seriously, I want to know. Is it slower than other file transfer protocols? Is it more prone to errors? Is it insecure?
It just werks for me but if there's a better alternative I'm willing to switch.

Not him, but from my experience I haven't seen one mtp implementation that can handle many files transferred at once (though single large files work).

We can't use USB Mass Storage, because that doesn't support simultaneous access - we'd have to unmount the internal storage.

Not even read-only would be safe, and we'd also have to actually use FAT or exFAT rather than whatever we want internally (ext4, f2fs, etc) or emulate a fake FAT filesystem at the block-level. Fuck that noise.

That's why.

Are you stupid?

Just use scp.

are you literllay retarded? through ssh its even slower

I use SFTP wirelessly for small files, its built into KDEConnect.

Yeah but you don't have to plug in a stupid cable, and it always works

ssh is quick on LAN transfers, unless your router's shit.

If it's better at sending single large files, just send a .zip over to the phone. Problem solved.

Apart from all the networked file transfer solutions, right?
smb, http, ftp, fucking take your pick.

It is slower, less prone to errors and more secure. But, it is a Microcuck protocol and so while it works for Windows, most Linux implementations suck balls. FTP is a better alternative on Linux.

That creates the problem on shitty phones as it could take more time to unzip than send multiple files.

I just gmail the files to myself

This is completely wrong from personal experience.
I own a Moto X and it just werks on Ubuntu (16.04) (file transfer with the file manager, music transfer and playback with rhythmbox)
On Windows (8.1) I cna only transfer files, but Windows Media Player fails to play the songs on the phone.
Don't get me wrong MTP is a poorly made protocol when it doesn't work properly even with other software Microsoft makes.

go-mtpfs is the best free implementation for GNU in my experience.

jmtfps and the plain C mtpfs both failed me.

Unzip isn't a particularly expensive operation, and most modern ARM processors should be able to handle it fine. If decompressing is going to be particularly expensive, just send over an uncompressed tarball.

this desu
I wrote a little tool to batch execute adb pulls/pushes, and I use it to backup my shit weekly. Just werx, and is often much faster than MTP(I get around 7-8 megabytes/s compared to 3-4 on MTP)

Well you can just remove the SD card, put it in a card reader and....
>modern smartphone
Nevermind.

I installed FTP Server from F-Droid and I can access my phone files via my web browser by entering ftp://(local IP):2121
However when I try to $ ftp ftp://(local IP):2121, I get "Name or service unknown". What gives?

This. Most of your file managers support it and it is great.

MTP likes to verify files after they copy and this tends to take a few seconds per file, regardless of the size.

This means if you want to copy a lot of small files to your phone it would be faster to zip them and copy then unzip than copy them directly through MTP because the verification per file will take multiple times longer than the copy process.

/thread
also jmtfs

lmaoing at your ass. Also it is faster than MTP.

>KDE Connect
Mein neger
When I boot up Windows for gaymen/working outside the house(laptopfag, Lubuntu/KDE gives me half the battery life of Win10), I use ADB. Simple to set up, clean, fast, very low error rate.

SMB works too.

The problem with ES is that
a) it got sold to chinese niggers
b) feature creep

It was great. Perfect even. But for some reason they thought "we need to keep adding stuff to this" and so it got shit like the analyse.
Like, they didn't have to add more features to improve it's popularity, they just needed more people to spread the word. Instead they turned it into bloated shit that nags you, and that's a fucking negative move.

It is the old version, my man.

>""""modern"""" smartphones
USB mass storage mounting exists

Well that probably explains the low resolution assets.

But
>it launches significantly faster
>no/less chink botnet
>can remove that cancerous "home page" from showing by default
Honestly the last point was my only gripe with the new versions, I stopped updating about a year ago so I don't know what else have they added.

acurrie.me/2014/11/03/how-to-find-spyware-on-your-android-device/

I should downgrade, but the only problem with that is that you need to trust the source that is providing the downgrade, because they could easily modify it.

I use Onedrive. I have 1tb.

He said that he stopped updating a year ago. That article is from 2011.

thank me later

Oops, totally meant to write 2014 there

>2011
2014. And I have none of these folders.

I can still mount it old school way using custom Recovery.

How do I into this?
Without rooting my phone?

Could you share this script?

>KDEConnect
Does this work with other DE?

>it works for Windows, most Linux implementations suck balls
It was the other way for me.

haha i got your ip now kid

>Does this work with other DE?
community.kde.org/KDEConnect
>If you use desktop environment other than KDE's Plasma, you might also want to install indicator-kdeconnect, that provides a system tray as a GUI for other desktops.

In short, yes it does.

Yes

The Arch wiki has a page on it which includes an overview of what's needed to get it working in another DE.

I'm using XFCE.
And the arch wiki just say to install KDEConnect, and there's no indicator-kdeconnect package.

Oh god. MTP is so fucking slow. Why did they have to go and make a proprietary protocol that's so unreliable and slow compared to just mounting the device as mass storage?

I get it: It allows the device to not lose control of the file system, but there should at least be an option to quickly switch to mass storage mode if I want to transfer my music library or another massive amount of data to my phone. It could make the OS enter some kind of minimal mode where it doesn't interfere with storage.

reading this makes me feel raped.

This

good luck, I'm behind 15 proxies

>Without rooting
cuck

For me its not the phone that sucks at transfering, it's fucking windows 10. Explorer always fucking freezes before sending the first file and I need to restart it before I can try again. What a piece of shit

I'm too lazy to backup, since rooting will wipe everything.
And I'm not interested in the file transference as much as installing stuff.

Yes, but it'll pull in a whole bunch of KDE dependencies.

>what is iTunes
better than that trash
autism

It allows no paralelism, so you're confined to ONE task at the time. If you're copying a file, for example, you won't be able to browse until the file has finished copying.

>adb push
>adb pull
I hadn't even considered it and I've got all that shit installed.

Thanks user, I'm going to have to check this out.

>it'll pull in a whole bunch of KDE dependencies.
How much?

>scp
>ssh
>SFTP wirelessly

Does Android run an ssh daemon? If not, are you using an app for it?

It's a pretty long list, around 200MB IIRC

>How much?
Try it and see, your package manager should tell you what it needs and how much space it takes up.

You don't have to root your phone. Just enable usb debugging in dev options and look up on google in order to use the commands properly.

nice botnet xd

This still pisses me off to no end. Why? Why do they insist on removing useful features? Smartphones were on to something great, now, they're rapidly returning to being just phones.

I'm on linux if this makes a difference.

No mention of Ghost Commander? I'm ashamed of you faggots. It has tons of options.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghostsq.commander&hl=en
The smart anons will get it from F-Droid.

Entirely irrelevant.

This. Pull the fucking sdcard and put it in a reader. I used to sideload apps in this manner all the time. It's quick and easy. Removable storage was only removed because someone wants to peddle their cloud bullshit.

Nothing different, even better because wincucks like to do it with gui which makes it more buggy

I usually just use USB tether + FTP, so it doesn't connect wirelessly. However I'm on Linux so I've set the device to only be local-only, so it won't fuck up my internet connection. Not sure how you'd do that on Windows besides metrics

Do I need to install android sdk?
Or simply android tools?
Will this guide help?
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/android#Android_Debug_Bridge_.28ADB.29

Android tools or something like that

Just create or mount an NFS share