Since Sansa Clip+ are discontinued and now cost (at cheapest) $37 to buy...

Since Sansa Clip+ are discontinued and now cost (at cheapest) $37 to buy, what is a dank meme player do y'all use to install rockbox on and has expandable memory?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,51071.msg237893.html#msg237893
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I was going to buy one but given the price I decided to just get a $49 shuffle iPod.

>iPod Shuffle

xDuoo X3
Fiio when they got around to those

Everyone has a smartphone, so now everyone uses that for listening to their dank dubstep and trap. Only grandpas still use MP3-Players. Get with the times OP.

When my last clip+ died, I purchased a Sony A20 series. Never going back, this device is the tits.

i kept killing clips by using full-size headphones with them without some kinda right-angle adapter for the jack

now I just use my phone

my clip is indestructible. had it for six years and have dropped it many times. far more durable than using a phone.

I just want something with
>SD card support (or at least 32 GB of storage)
>Small form factor
>Clip
>under $40

Does this still exist?

I'm planning on getting an xDuoo X2 if my ipod ever dies. This thing is about as tough as a brick.

Does it do queueing like rockbox? I have a clip sport now and it doesn't even autoplay to the next folders, let alone you can queue whatever you want. Fucking shit.

Any of these MP3 players mentioned hold a decent AM/FM tuner?

>two devices
AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M

you keep believing that, pham...

>people on Cred Forums have idiosyncratic technology use
how surprising

My phone

>$37
>Expensive
Yeah because $800 iPod classics are much cheaper, right?

>does one thing and does it well
A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M

were they really that much new?

I've been through 3 Sansas in my life, and they are incredibly hardy little things.

All had been accidentally dropped into water, thrown, and smashed in various ways and never stopped working.

All 3 were lost over the years from falling out of my pocket and being lost among grass and such.

You will be missed Sansa clip.

Note 7 64GB
256GB SD Card
Shure SE215 & Sennheiser HD 280 Pro

>[copypasta about shit audio hardware in smartphones]

I too need a music player which doesn't utilize any wireless connections. Preferably waterproof too.

AGPtek is apparently working on a PMP that will support rockbox. It's taking them forever though.

They cost that new since they discontinued them. Price should be higher now, no idea.

I mainly use it in bed to listen to audiobooks. every morning I wake up and have thrown it onto the floor at some point in the night. still keeps on going.

battery still lasts almost 8 hours which is remarkable.

If they release that they're going to make a lot of money

There is no replacement

I finally just got a refurbished one for 40 eurobucks and it's the best thing ever once you put rockbox on it

37 isn't bad if you can find one, I'd just buy that.

Where are you finding them that cheap

Apparently it's just one month away from release forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,51071.msg237893.html#msg237893

PSP
Sadly it doesn't have rockbox.

Would be cool to have rockbox on there, too bad the psp scene is dead af

I don't like using touch screens in the car. An mp3 player is something I can feel around for and press buttons without looking away from the road.

>psp scene is dead
I know, and young people aren't make it easier either.
>be me on my commute to work
>playing HM:FoMT on psp
>notice a kid watching me
>reach a stop and as the kid gets off
>he said to me "You should get a better phone at least one with touch screen so your farmville graphics won't look bad"

" get with the time"

How about you grow some balls you snot nosed brat. Just because somethings newer dosen't make it better moron.

Sure he did, user. That really is a thing that happened to you in real life.

Says the one who can't afford shit.

give me something small with wifi support

iPod Classic, iPod Mini, other HDD based models

You don't like my iPod shuffle?

my phone.
or you can just not drop your shit like a fucking fat fuck, kys.
>faggots bitch about audiophile fags, yet are okay with dedicated music players
???????????????????
Seriously foobar or poweramp are fine on their own, especially when you EQ your garbage youtube to mp3 files. fucking dumbasses i swear to god Cred Forums's gone to shit.

>muh jack of all trades master of none device
quit shitposting

How does dropping something make you fat

ITT: Things that happened in real life and not totally in the imagination of a NEET when sitting in their parents basement, daydreaming about all the things that could go wrong if they left their sanctum, to justify their lifestyle decision, all to kill time while waiting for mummy to bring tendies to her special little man.

>implying the average phone doesn't have a superior DAC and more functionality than rockbox, with the phone doing everything better where there's feature overlap

Stop. You're drifting into sad and pathetic territory. You know those annoying old people that can't seem to grasp how new technologies work? You're risking becoming one of them in your old age if you keep holding onto antiquated, deprecated tech just because it's familiar.

Superior DAC to Sansa Clip*

>implying I said anything about audio quality
>implying I expect a DAP to do anything other than play music
Small dedicated device with superior battery life, storage capacity, and hardware controls > touchscreen jack of all trades pile of shit

I wanted to get a PMP but my phone with foobar and a 128GB micro SD works just fine.

>peasants can't afford a real mp3 player

Do you guys come from 3rd world countries?

>implying audio quality isn't one of the most important factors in an audio device

I really shouldn't reply to your retarded, obvious b8 after that... But I will, because I'm bored.

>superior battery life
Sansa Clip+ Estimated battery life:15 hours
My g4p: 22 hours, 11 hours screen on time.
>storage capacity
Sansa Clip+: 2-4GB with expandable
My g4p:16GB with 128GB microSDXC
>hardware controls > touch screen
Subjective. I prefer touch screen controls and gesture controls.

Sorry breh, still not convinced that a $38 DAP that only does one thing is superior to a $99 phone that does everything the DAP does and then some, while not having to carry two devices.

>>implying audio quality isn't one of the most important factors in an audio device
Of course it is, and most PMPs have more than good enough audio quality.
>I really shouldn't reply to your retarded, obvious b8
It's not bait, dumbass.
>My g4p: 22 hours, 11 hours screen on time.
7th gen iPod Classic estimated battery life: 40hrs
>Sansa Clip+: 2-4GB with expandable
Actually the Clip's capable of much higher capacity, regardless Clip is neither the only nor the best DAP, so back to my iPod
160GB stock, upgradeable to 1TB
>Subjective. I prefer touch screen controls and gesture controls.
It's entirely objective, you're just a fucking moron.
>Sorry breh, still not convinced that a $38 DAP
I like how you went and cherrypicked a player and even lied about its capabilities to make your phone seem like it's even remotely good at being a DAP

>Discontinuing the greatest little MP3 player line to have ever existed, and replacing it with an inferior version that can't even be Rockbox'd.
What the fuck were they thinking? Now nobody is going to buy their MP3 players now.
If anything, they should have worked WITH the Rockbox crew to make a BETTER MP3 player.

>What the fuck were they thinking?
Well since the SoC's no longer in production they sort of had no choice.

I've switched to iPod shuffle for exercising, phone for everything else.

>beating the dead sansa+rockbox meme into the dirt

ipod shuffle with a lightweight install is the way to go. If you want more than 2gb on a simple device, then you don't want a simple device.

only fat millennials with adhd need to centralize all their activities into their phones

>cherry picked
The thread started with the clip, dumb shit. And where am I "lying" about it's capabilities? The clip+ comes in a 2GB and 4GB model with a slot for expandable memory. Regardless of how much storage it can handle, my phone will still have 4x the base storage and be able to take the same amount of expandable, thus the clip+ isn't capable of more storage than my phone.

And even IF it could magically take a larger SD card than my phone, I've got the option of USB OTG, meaning literally any external drive plugs right in. So if there were a consumer grade, affordable 10TB SSD, I could use it with my phone.

>it's entirely objective
No, it's not. It's about personal preference. Hardware controls are an extra point of failure I'd rather not have. Buttons wear out. Touch screens do not.

iPod shuffle is the only sensible option today for simplicity. The iPod shuffle firmware does a fine job and so does iTunes. But if your more concerned with autistic methods of navigating your music, using screens, or carrying >2gb of music on you, than you probably care less about music than you do about the hardware.

Come on you hipsters, what's your favorite rockbox feature so we can mock you.

>millennials

So, you're 35 then?

ipods are mid tier quality sound. They only popular because of brand name but in reality they are mediocre shit.

Sansa Clip+ are among the top best music players in the world. No joke. Somehow Sansa fucked up and all their new lineup can't match up to the Sansa Clip+.

Fiio X3ii because it doubles as a PC DAC/amp and the built in soundcard on my laptop is fucking shit.

Any phone+viper4android+Poweramp+convolver for your brand of headphones

No, I'm an athletic millennial that doesn't need a touch screen on everything.

If they were clearly a tier higher, then why are they gone? If there was a comparable option to the ipod shuffle then contrarian consumers would happily buy it to distinguish themselves from others.

if the screen survives then just slip in a micro sd. Instructions online. Tried it once and works really well.

My point was more that people constantly use that word as a way to talk trash about the teenagers of today without realizing it means *anyone* that has or will come of age after 31/12/1999, of which category I happen to belong, so as a 34 year old married man with a career and college degrees, it makes me laugh internally when I see people say "millennial" without realizing that there's a fuck load of millennials that aren't spoiled assholes that tweet about hating their parents for buying them a Toyota instead of a Lexus.

Here is my first mp3 player back in 2001. Expandable from 64mb to 128mb with a regular sized sd card lol.

>The thread started with the clip, dumb shit
Of course. Regardless, the Clip is far from the only DAP.
>And where am I "lying" about it's capabilities? The clip+ comes in a 2GB and 4GB model with a slot for expandable memory
I skimmed your post, thought you were saying it couldn't handle SDHC or SDXC
>I've got the option of USB OTG
top kek
>No, it's not.
It definitely is. Your personal preference is shit.

been using this bad boy for over 6 years without any issues

oops forgot picture

>if you want things my toy doesn't provide, then you're wrong!

I actually never thought about that one user. I don't know I never did but I didn't, thanks.

I never thought they sounded good. Old 4G Slide phone sounded better. My V10 sounds miles better.

Hell, my g4p sounds better than most music players. Mobile phones are getting really good with audio. The DAC on the snapdragon 410 puts out some beautiful audio to my ath m50x headphones

2gb is post purchase rationalization nigger tier

4Gb is where it's at

Nigga I have over 100+ songs at 256kb and hours of podcasts at 128 or less. I'm never going to shit through 18+ hours of audio in one sitting and wish I had an extra 2gb lol

>no clip

>what is a case
>what is a pocket

clip is more convenient for exercise or any situation where you're on the move

>clip is more convenient for exercise or any situation where you're on the move
Depends on preference and what you're doing. I skate 20 to 40mi a day with an iPod Classic in my pocket and prefer it that way. If you want a clip, like I already said you can get a case with a clip.

ipod classic is too bulky and a case would only ad to that bulk. It's uncomfortable to have a brick device strapped to you when doing anything physical. Obviously like you said it's a matter of preference but for me the clip is perfect for long runs. Attach it to the belt line and you never have to look at it when adjusting volume or skipping through tracks. I should have bought a bunch when they were 23USD new.

Is the SansaClip+ really that great? At first glance I just thought it was just a hipster thing and people who use them don't wanna use their phones. Haven't really gained any interest til now.

By itself, no. But it was a very cheap piece of hardware to install Rockbox, a custom firmware with extra functionality, on.

show me another player with custom firmware that can take a 128gb microsd

Duoo X3 if you need rockbox [coupon for like fiddy bux on /csg/ a few days ago]

xDuoo X2 if you don't need rockbox [31 usd, again coupon on /csg/]

just buy another sansa

Yea, you can make an on the fly playlist pretty much.

HDD iPods. They can take HDDs (obviously), CF cards, SD cards, and SSDs. AFAIK currently you can hit 1TB (given that's still the highest capacity for mSATA SSDs)

too big compared to the clip imo

it does seem that this is the next best step now that the clip is gone

msata is dirt cheap for even a quarter TB

wonder how much effort it would take to stick an msata and have it working on a rockboxed ipod. This is a pretty good option, thanks for suggesting it. I wish I still had my classic around. Might just get the cheapest/best rockbox support ipod that can handle these type of modifications

Classics aren't the only ones, the iPod Mini's not too much larger than the Clip.
>wonder how much effort it would take to stick an msata and have it working on a rockboxed ipod
Takes 10 minutes to upgrade to an SSD and Rockbox is trivial to install.

I'm more worried about the connector standard.
I'm also worried how Rockbox plays with non standard storage in terms of recognition.
Obviously the key here is to follow a well documented modding procedure instead of slapping things together and hope that they work.

Aren't you stuck using these compact flash cards with the mini? I don't know too much about storage connector interfaces on ipods

Ideally, I would love to stick an msata ssd into an ipod since the market is flooded with cheap ones. At least 256gb

>I'm more worried about the connector standard.
>I'm also worried how Rockbox plays with non standard storage in terms of recognition.
There's nothing to worry about, you just need a ZIF IDE to mSATA adapter and an mSATA SSD, it works flawlessly with both stock firmware (although iirc if you stick with stock firmware I think it can only handle 512GB, not positive though) and Rockbox. Another neat thing, at least about the Classic's Rockbox port, is that you can dualboot the stock firmware and Rockbox.
>Aren't you stuck using these compact flash cards with the mini?
SD to CF adapters exist, hell they've even got 4x microSD to CF adapters.

Walkman A30 is best choice.

Touchscreen AND Physical buttons, expandable memory, active noise canceling, supports every format.

Thank you for the information. This is great. I know what I'm using now once my clip+ shits itself.

why did Sansa discontinue this? it was such a good player. are there alternatives made by Sansa?

SoC was discontinued.

>wasting your phone's battery listening to music instead of owning a dedicated music player

who gives a shit about that
it's way more convenient to not have a phone bound to any wires

My phone's battery doesn't die in 24 hours because I'm not a cuck. Droid Maxx 2 has the best battery life I've seen in a phone since the flip phone days. I have not been able to kill it in under 24 hours.

I have a Note 4 with spare batteries I carry around, battery for me is no longer an issue. However, that doesn't mean that a dedicated music player doesn't help tremendously on long car trips. It's also good to just leave in the car queued up for when you're going anywhere

This. ive been using a Samsung galaxy S and ipod mini for about 6 years.

>He bought 15 spare batteries instead of just buying a phone that doesn't die in 2 seconds.
user just join the dumbphone master race. It's very comfy here.

This is a good one

Pick them up on craigslist for less

>unironically listening to music
I'd sooner read a goddamn book.

1/10, you tried

thanks for reminding me. I'm going to buy up everyone i can from jerome, leronte, quiverviuos delicious peaches jackson, and that fat white dude.

so exactly what does rockbox do? explain to an idiot techie thats not an audiophile
>have a sansaclip+ that was bought refurb
>power button got stuck inside the unit so cant power it on or off
>leads to battery always drained
>cant open the unit up to try and fix it
>find out its now discontinued
fuck

Allow players to address higher capacity SD cards, add functionality, supports more codecs, customizability

Wow 100+ songs!
Cool stuff user

>discontinued

Is this true? My Clip+'s battery is going to hell, I don't want to buy some Chinese shit to replace this thing

So replace the battery.

It makes it impossible to switch tracks by buttons if you set one track on repeat. Never used that meme since. No reason to when Android + Neutron exists.

I don't have a spare.

Which is why you buy one. Christ I bet your age is higher than your IQ.

>tfw own a sony phone that has support for high definition audio and a sony IC recorder that can also act as a MP3
Feels good man

It's still shit compared to a PMP

I've never seen it sold anywhere even remotely close, and the battery isn't exactly user-replaceable.

So thanks for what you probably consider a brilliant advice, but it was quite useless.

>I'm too incompetent to spend 5 minutes replacing a battery so I'll just act like your great advice was worthless
user, you're a piece of shit.

>no battery
>no tools
>5 minutes

Whatever makes you feel good about yourself, mate.

How so senpai?
Name one cheap PMP that supports high definition audio

if you don't feel like doing what you have to in order to fix it, enjoy buying Chinese shit to replace it senpai

>no battery
Well no shit, who has tiny as fuck Li-ion batteries lying around? Again, that's why you fucking buy one.
>no tools
You don't even have basic tools? Come on now.

"HD" audio is irrelevant, it's a touchscreen phone with shit battery life.

>"HD" audio is irrelevant
Moving the goalpost.

>it's a touchscreen phone with shit battery life.
I didn't even name the model famalam

Just how will you recover from this one~

>Again, that's why you fucking buy one.
Again, I've never seen a spare Sansa Clip battery for sale, at least not in Europe.

>You don't even have basic tools? Come on now.
From what I read, there's some soldering involved. The tools I have are basic tools for PC (dis)assembling, not for taking apart a tiny MP3 player that's not built to be taken apart easily.

>still a touchscreen phone
>music player not available

Easily.

>Moving the goalpost.
HD audio wasn't a goalpost to begin with.
>I didn't even name the model famalam
You didn't have to.

>Again, I've never seen a spare Sansa Clip battery for sale, at least not in Europe.
There's no such thing as a Clip battery. It's just a fucking Li-ion battery. Literally all you need to do is buy any battery you can possibly find that will fit in the case.

>Now having to lie

Still haven't given me a cheap PMP that does high def audio~

Oh, that would explain why I haven't seen it. Well, I guess I'll have to look into it when the battery life becomes unbearable.

>an icon proves it can run in the that ULTRA 420 NOSCOPE STAMINA mode

Try harder.

>Sony Restricts what apps can run
>J-just because it appears doesn't mean it can run
Trying really hard m8

It doesn't appear. All you showed is an icon of the music player (and an icon of the camera, I should add). That proves nothing. Please, die.

ipod nano 3g is the best form factor. if they had came out with high capacity versions i would still be using it.

2nd gen's my all time favorite. If I could have this thing with 120GB or 240GB of storage I'd love it forever

Whenever i use my apple TV remote it reminds me of this. lol

>tfw the audio jack on my sansa was getting loose so i took it apart without realising they were discontinued
>ended up blowing some chips now it doesn't work at all

why the fuck would they discontinue one of the objectively best audio players?
can someone please enlighten me because i'm completely lost

Read the thread, you're like the fourth person to ask.

bought a Bluedio t2+ which integrates a microSD mp3 player, FM radio, and bluetooth headphones in one. Great, except for the headband which is really easy to break. The Turbine 3+ has a better headband, but is more money, and have not tried it personally.

mine fell out of my pocket somehow while I was mowing the lawn, i found it again in the ditch two years later.

screen is obviously fucked as water got inside and froze, but it somehow still works.

>Come on you hipsters, what's your favorite rockbox feature so we can mock you.
Crossfade was nice. But yeah, after I lost my clip+ I just bought an iPod. And now I'm just listening to Spotify on my phone, because my 250GB music collection is too big for a reasonably priced portable device.

>tfw accidentaly submerged my iPod classic in loo
>tfw it's about as water resistant as the new iPhone

If you can do without 10GB of your library you can get an iPod and pop in a 240GB SSD for under $100

>have had one of those for i reckon at least 10 years.
>dropped numerous times, used almost every day through high school, uni or whenever driving.
>still going with all week battery on a single charge
>put favourite 20gb of music on smart phone as well if going out
>tfw these smartphone only faggots think they got the good shit

Yeah, I wanted to get a Classic, but they're scarce and overpriced in my country. Now I got used to streaming, and I don't listen to music outside of home/work that much that I don't need a dedicated device anymore.

Clip Zip > Clip+

words of wisdom.
also album art < no album art

>Just fuck my inferior sign instead of superior
album art > no album art

>my device can't even do drag n drop

AGPTeK G02S

>Clip
>0.49oz
>25hr battery
>FLAC, MP3, OGG, WMA, APE, WAV
>$25

The only thing I don't like about it is the weird soft texture and lack of Rockbox. Had no other choice since my Clip Zip died and the Clip+ is like a dying race.

supposedly they are coming out with an A02 with rockbox support in a month or two

I gave those things away damn it

/csg/ got a coupon for the X2 that makes it $30

česká rakovina

I've got this since my xperia 3c headphone jack died (it would probably cost at least 100£ to repair the fucking thing).

It sounds good, especially with good headphones, is easy to use and carries my tunes. No complaints.

Lesson to learn though is never to buy Sony phones if you live in France. It's rediculously hard to find a shop or anywhere that will repair the damn thing and these things are FRAGILE. Oh and the headphone jack always breaks on these things according to the internet. Even if you do repair it it costs an absolute load.

Sony Walkman. Shit works fine, even has the creepy playlist learning software.

of course it can take a large sd card, the sd size limit meme is just because of the OG firmware that builds a database of max 2000 songs or something
t. clip sport owner

they sell for under 100 euros here 2nd hand

>Only grandpas still use MP3-Players.

I have a few clips that I use...and am a grandpa. The meme is real.

>Playing the "you're a nerd/grandpa" bait card.
>Cred Forums

I mean maybe this kind of pleb shit would work on Cred Forums but where exactly do you think you are?

Uneducated pleb here, is there seriously a difference in audio quality between using my smartphone and a clip or this just some placebo shit?

Shit, I hadn't even considered this. Have already killed a couple HDDs through the years, and the occasional spinup lag and clicks can be fairly grating... Now I'm real tempted to hook up this mSATA drive I've got lying around from a trashed laptop. That'd double up my storage too, make the old iPod a bit more comfy to use again.

There is a difference. Whether you can discern it is completely down to how plebian your ears and taste are.

I've done a bunch of blind tests between my computer, my old ipod, my moto g4, my clip and an x3 and I can instantly recognise the difference between the ipod/moto g4/samshit laptop and the x3 and clip.

Now if you asked me to tell the difference in sound between x3 and clip I would find it a lot more difficult.

It also depends on what kind of music you listen to and the environment. There's no point buying anything decent if you just listen in the gym. It's also a waste of time if you only listen to Hatsune Miku.

Lastly, what's really important is the mastering of the recording.. I've got a few 320 kbp albums which sound like ass.

the difference is do I want a device that's designed specifically to listen to music or do I want to use my smartphone

>tactile, PHYSICAL buttons I can press without looking at a screen
>not burning through my smartphone battery
>similar if not better sound quality
>tiny
>ok if it gets broken/stolen/sweated on

>Ipod classic
>Upgradable to 1TB
Yeah no, HDDs in music players are a shit idea, why would you want something so prone to failure in a device you carry around?

SSD, you fucking moron. And even with the HDDs they're quite durable. Mine even survived a 30mph wipeout

Holy shit am I really on Cred Forums? How can this board be so fucking dumb sometimes jesus christ.

kill yourself

Damn should I buy a backup now? They are discontinued and I don't know if there is enough demand that the price will rise in the future.

>tfw sold mine 10 years ago for $50
wtf is wrong with me

>Touchscreen AND Physical buttons,
For what purpose?

How about pic related?

which gen ipod?

anyone who had the 6th gen ipod nano knows that was the best mp3 player ever made pity the power button was weak and always breaks why apple stopped making this i don't know.

>1" touchscreen
>best MP3 player

clearly you never actually used one I hate apple but would buy another one if they made a new gen

I don't need to taste shit to know it's shit.

I kinda want to have a PSP for music.

Protip: Stock Up! At least till the next great thing comes along. I've got ~15 Clips, when the batteries go bad I'll use USB power. The issue I have is: why do Manufacturers discontinue popular items w/no alternatives? The headphones pictured are Sony MDR-A35G's, possibly the greatest portable headphone ever. Paired w/Sansa sounds Awesome! They replaced the model w/CRAP, and now someone decided that headphones don't need a headband? How does it stay in your ear? IT DOESN'T!

PS: To all the "Muh Cellphone" Tards: You Don't Get It. It's small (like your dick), it's cheap (like your mom), it sounds good (like my stereo), and if I loose/break it, oh well (like you)!

>420 NOSCOPE

>I've got ~15 Clips
Isn't that more than a bit overkill? I've got one spare I bought when I saw the prices starting to go up, but the original I bought at Circuit City years ago is still going strong. It even gets something like 10-12 hours on its original battery.

>when the batteries go bad I'll use USB power.
You do know you can pry it apart and replace the battery when it does finally die, right?

Meh, they're cheep, and I give them out as gifts w/6000 songs. I haven't replaced a battery yet, but I have opened some up, so I know it can be done.

My issue is: There's 96 posters right now, and 1/4 of them have a Sansa. 24 people that just randomly meet on the internet are dissapointed at it's loss. Scale that up to everyone that has one, and why has Sansa stopped making them? Especially since the manufacturing line is bought and paid for 5 times over? I guess EVERYTHING is disposable nowadays, kinda sad...

I don't see it being quite as handy as normal clicky buttons -- can't feel where the buttons are, can't control it with gloves on, etc. I'm also not really a fan of Apple's music player UI choices. I'll take more features over more bling any time -- Rockbox on the tiny low-power monochrome OLED in the Clip+ is awesome.

Still, that Nano is an attractive player. It's truly tiny and has a clip. Apple usually puts good audio hardware in their stuff as well.

The one reason I didn't run out and buy one is NO FUCKING SD SLOT! You're stuck with the increasingly cramped 8-16 GB it comes with. Meanwhile the world moved on to 32, 64, 128, 200 GB MicroSDs, AAC with higher bitrate, FLAC.

>pity the power button was weak
How hard is it to take apart and solder in a normal SPST switch?

They did make a new gen. It's twice the size to fit in a 16:9 screen so you can watch tiny movies on it.

>why has Sansa stopped making them?
Because the SoC it's based on went out of production in favor of newer more powerful SoCs, responding to the demands of the smartphone industry. The PMP market is microscopic in comparison, not large enough to subsidize keeping a chip used for nothing else in production.

You're a cool guy and you can be my wingman anytime

And trap sound :DDDD

Anyone have an AGPtEK A12? Any good?

This