Superior Windows UI with superior Linux command line tools

>superior Windows UI with superior Linux command line tools
This kills the Linux desktop.

>implying i would let microsoft spy on me and shove adware down my throat to get all these features

>worried about getting spied on after entering the botnet called Internet
el
oh
el

>worrying that someone is worried about his own privacy
lmaoing @ your life :^)

So, Ubuntu MATE?

???

I do this for my windows applications all the time. Suck my willy.

pic related.

take your poo to the loo instead of shitting up this board, sanjay

>killing something that never existed
u w0t m8

>tfw indian and use linux

feels comfy man.
Not as comfy as pooing in the street tho senpai. Realtalk.

How the fuck is Windows' UI superior? Are you serious?
Look, I get that you prefer Windows because most games work on it, but you have to admin that GNU/Linux is a supoerior OS.

>superior windows ui

How exactly? If there wasn't the botnet meme there would be literally not a single point speaking for linux.

I would move to linux if I could play WoW, but its laggy as fuck.

>no games

>superior windows ui
>superior
>having 10 different UI styles is superior

I'd rather switch to OSX than go back to Windows.

Too bad, Microshill.

>superior Windows UI
>superior Linux command line tools
OP I promise you, Cred Forums is too boring to troll.

>this shills the windows desktop

ICMP isn't supported yet.

Freezing the process for taskman.exe through Resmon.exe

One thing that really annoys me is how windows handles closing programs. Bitch when I tell you to close it I don't want you to wait, stop asking and stop searching for solutions which NEVER find anything.

Run bash as admin

>implying this is new at all
What is Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications (which nobody used)

(OP)
Beta Linux interpreter. Cygwin is an emulator and works better than this cross promotional nonsense. There is even a Red Hat flavor in case use Linux for work and not just to be a 1337 neet on Cred Forums

>Superior UI
>Scrollbars and font rendering inside the kernel
>These have been used to completely own systems.

To be fair you already had a good bunch of high-functioning Linux command line tools with MinGW and Cygwin. But I like this because if I want to make a bash script, I can test it on Bash on Windows and make it work pretty well before I give it a go on Linux.

I am a Windows fag. I love Linux but all my shit is on Windows so I'd rather not stop using it for extended periods of times just to work on one thing.

People don't use linux on their desktop for its exclusive software, they use it to not have to use windows.

I think Windows managed to unfreeze an Office application that one time I gave "Look for a solution" a go. That might have been a dream though.

Come on. Task manager runs with almost real-time priority. If it's frozen, then you either did something to it on purpose or you really, really overloaded your computer.

Superior spying shitOS.

>Make a gaping security hole just to use ICMP
You know, if you want to help the earth, you can just stop breathing!

>MS has implemented a Linux sub-system similar to WINE

This is only going to hurt Windows market share in the long run. People using Linux right now are doing so to get away from Windows. It's a shitty OS with built in ads and spyware. It's bloated, slow, and unstable.

Linux is far more stable and has better performance. When people use Linux through Windows it's not going to convince people to move to windows, no sir, it's going to convince people that Linux is actually on par with Windows.

MS is making it really easy for people to try an alternative operating system. There is really no reason for anyone to use it within windows though, so if you like it you can just ditch windows.

Not only that, but by including a tool like this for developers Microsoft is literally admitting that Linux is a better development platform, and that Windows is so shitty it's even worth the over head of emulating a full Linux environment.

I personally switched to Linux recently full time as a developer and there is no way I would go back to Windows. I've used Windows for twenty years. It's 100% shit unless you build the computer your self and get only the best reviewed hardware, and even then it starts to have "slow downs" after a month or so of usage. You don't get any of the actual benefits of using Linux (better performance, stability) by running it under Windows.

In my experience Linux really does work better than Windows and it's a much better development platform. Even Microsoft agrees with this statement or they wouldn't have added the Linux sub-system. Pretty much only idiots will try to claim Windows is better than Linux. Even developers at MS use Linux for development and servers.

This is MS admitting defeat and it's only going to help Linux gain more users. MS has no where to go but down.

You use internet explorer to browse the internet?
Lmao kid, who are you trying to fool?

/thread

Windows is a hobbyist OS

wincucks on suicide watch

>pic related probably OP

/thread

LULZING!

>After 3 or 4 decades of many open source tools existing, windows finally managed to implement half-assed incomplete support for them
impressive

You know how fucking easy it would be to actually make these packages work on windows right? If you have the code, it's trivial. Provide a reasonable libc that works on that operating system, git clone and compile. Done.

What we should actually pay respect to is the opposite. Making proprietary binary-only software built for a proprietary Operating system work on a different platform. Probably really difficult. That Wine manages as well as it does is quite frankly astonishing.

>MS is making it really easy for people to try an alternative operating system
Not a single normie is going to switch to Linux because you give them bash on Windows. They won't even know how to install it.

>They won't even know how to install it.
By this I meant enabling developer settings and Installing Bash on Windows.

>superior Windows UI
HOLY FUCK HAHAHAHQHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHQJWHSHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHZHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAH

>If you have the code, it's trivial. Provide a reasonable libc that works on that operating system, git clone and compile. Done.
This. The fact that Microsoft needs to implement an entire Linux subsystem to get Bash working is first and foremost simply embarrassing.

>superior windows ui

>Linux is far more stable

>Can't use a disk with low-level utilities if it hasn't been unmounted
>Kernel panic if there's any error on your disk
>Kernel panic if there's a typo in your configuration file
>Kernel panic if a network share is not available
>Kernel panic if you update your kernel but don't recompile your custom display driver because X.org is configured to use it.

I don't understand people who claim Linux is stable. It has zero resilience to errors and no management of unexpected situations. If anything doesn't look right to its special snowflake kernel/init system, it defaults to "fuck you" mode and lets you figure it out by either editing your boot options until you can get further and figure out how to fix it via CLI, use a Live USB that you definitely had handy before daring to change your configuration or to install updates, or just reinstall your whole system because that's the safest a Linux installation is: Post installation, untouched.

Don't get me wrong. There is a lot of shit that I love about Linux. But saying it is stable is a bold faced lie. When developers stop pretending that the user has to get everything right the first time or they're not worthy of using their precious OS, maybe Linux will be taking steps in the right direction. Until then, it's a minefield and that is not okay.

I mean what is so hard about "falling back" when an error occurs? Some shit you expect to work didn't work. Fall back on something else. X.org is trying to load a non-existent kernel module? Fall back to the default config. A network share is unavailable? Don't mount it and move on. There's an error on the disk? Launch a recovery utility. A disk was not properly unmounted? Provide an option to unmount it. X can't start? Give me the error, yes, but then LOG IN TO THE FUCKING TERMINAL. DON'T JUST REFUSE TO BOOT.

(cont)

(cont)

Do any such suggestions give Linux/SysV/systemd developers PTSD attacks or something? Because OS X and Windows all have these kind of protocols preloaded. In fact, OS X actually has an entire operating system dedicated to recovering OS X. Why isn't Linux catching up? It would really be easy to implement all that shit. It would be easy for a Linux distro to install a recovery partition with a minimal distribution on it too. Why isn't this getting done?

Because fuckers like you who could help out are too busy shitposting on boards like this justifying their purchases instead of chipping in with improvements to a FREE platform.

>Superior UI
>Windows

OP used superior and windows in the same sentence.

I am not a programmer. And let's face it: Taking on the development of something is titanesque nowadays. Only big businesses like Redhat, Debian, Canonical and GNU are doing it because they have the money flow and the staff necessary to not just develop their software, but update it, keep it updated, implement security fixes and ensure it is compatible and usable for all its purposes.

They own Linux now. Anyone who wants to make a contribution is wasting their time unless they can take an engagement to promote it until it is used by a sizable userbase, to maintain and update it, especially in response to security issues.

So, these assholes have entire teams of genius developers ready and they're working full time on enhancing Linux. Why aren't they getting a clue yet that the reason people drop Linux after trying it is because it's impossible to manage when a problem occurs? They should be smart enough to work on error-management and resilience. Linux is sufficiently sophisticated that researches and development in other fields can take a backseat to this.

Fair point but I guess they rely on the fact that people who use Linux will have more of a clue of how to deal with error correction themselves. The whole 'Windows with bash' thing is a little worrying but I'm sure you could contribute something if you had a look. Anyone here a freelance developer? They're probably too busy being disgusted by our guesswork to chime in..........but then again.

>realy realy overloaded
You mean like with windows?

>superior UI
Since windows 8 it's been an incredible unsusable clusterfuck

>The whole 'Windows with bash' thing is a little worrying but I'm sure you could contribute something if you had a look. Anyone here a freelance developer?

Freelancer here. I have run Ubuntu since 2010 and was a Windows user prior to that. I've since experimented with W10+bash but at this point it's not viable for production. It's simply too limited.

My guess is that this is vaporware. MS and Canonical would need to team up and go all in to make it happen and I think the friction between the two worlds, Linux and Windows, is too much for that to go down any time soon.

For most freelancers the default setup is Linux or macOS if you're a graphic designer masquerading as a front end developer. Our tools are all native to Linux. Our targets are mostly Linux servers. And on the rare occasion when we're targeting windows VMs are quite sufficient for testing.

Windows UI is only blue right
It also has white text with a big sad face on it

Have you got the latest drivers?

Linux is superior to Windows.

>m-my initial statement excludes this specific statement!