Why is it that only Apple knows how to make batteries?

My Macbook Pro has the same battery life even after 5 years of use. My HP, Toshiba, Asus, Acer(I work with a lot of hardware) have been steadily declining in battery power from 4 hours, to 1 hour, or 40 minutes in some cases.
Macbook is still going strong at 6 hours.

Haven't worked with a thinkpad yet. Is the internal battery just as good?
Apple is still better than most in this case, though. You cannot deny it, it's in your face.

Prove me wrong, spergs.

of course it won't lose battery life since you can't do heavy processing on a mac.. a facebook machine takes no ressource

Wrong board

apple makes their own batteries?

Ik, I though that was funny too.

Apple makes great batteries but it is an absolute lie to pretend they don't deteriorate. My 2011 MacBook Air has about 2.5 hours of battery left. Could easily go a full day when new.

This. MacBook Air 2010 here.

Although 1000 charge cycles of estimated life is much better than some other laptops like the Dell XPS.

Also I've heard that El Cap 10.11.6 forbids third-party batteries from working. If that's true I'll switch to a PC.

>My Macbook Pro has the same battery life even after 5 years of use.
No it doesn't.
It literally does not.

/lgbt/

can you at least replace batteries in your macbooks?

Yes.

I doubt it when the 12" ones are glued together

Why would you hold onto the same macbook for five years?

Apple battery tech really isn't better then any other company. The main advantage is their OS. It is violently tuned to only power the absolute minimum hardware to get the current task done. Build something that sucks juice? Apple will literally ban their customer base from using it. This is really the only advantage of Apple's Walled Garden. Apple gets to pick what hardware *they* want to support, then hand spin a driver with all the power throttling features they want.

Microsoft can't compete with this as they merely sign the driver plugins 3rd parties write. Linux/FreeBSD/OpenBSD are just excited you wrote a drive for their OS.

Not to say Darwin (iOS/MacOS) is a good OS. It actually sucks balls for 80% of what an OS should do. Uber shit memory management and file systems. Linux is a better Unix then Darwin, and Linux can barely be considered a Unix.

>Apple battery tech really isn't better then any other company.
Sure thing kid.

if it still does the job, why not

my 2011 macbook has over 1000 cycles on the battery and now it wont last for more than 4 hours, and thats only if i force the integrated gpu.

and since its apple, even though i have the ability to replace the battery myself, i cannot buy one anywhere.

Yeah same here, late 2014 rMBP

Battery still runs like a champ after hundreds of cycles, it's nuts.

>2011 mbp
you can replace everything
you can even put two HDDs or one HDD and a SSD on it if you remove the DVD bay.

good luck finding a battery that isn't a $50 piece of shit that will turn into garbage after 2 months

>apple builds hardware
apple assembles hardware you moron

Why did you post this?

It's just that the OS is very efficient with resources, that's why the battery lasts a long time.

basically this. Apple develops the software around a predefined list of hardware, so they are able to better optimize the two.

Pretty sure that's not true. Absolute bullshit if it is though.