Any way to fix this?

Any way to fix this?

Turn it off.

Just so you know, they disabled the ability to easily disable Cortana in a recent update.

Yes, however you already know the answer.

yes

>Cortana is ingrained into the Windows experience in the locales where she is available. This means Cortana can't be entirely turned off.
Well this is bullshit.

yup, Linux is the only other usable alternative to Windows,

OP, thats your choice either take the red pill and learn to make Linux work for you or take the blue pill and go back to sleep with microsoft looking over your shoulder watching everything you do

Well actually if you activate it in a correct EU country like Finland Cortana will not install thanks to actual consumer protection.

also spybot anti-beacon

You can still disable it in group policy. Yeah you will still see "Cortana" in task manager but that's just the dumbed down search and index process.

Obviously that's a made up excuse. If it can be turned off for the locales that don't support it, why couldn't it be turned off for the supported locales?

Anyway, jesus dude, there's at least a dozen tools that can disable Cortana. Pick one and use it.

If you don't want to break Windows, avoid tools that delete files from your system like DWS.

The fact that you have to jump through hoops to turn off Cortana is the real problem. More and more Microsoft has 0 respect for their customers.

Make it Free Software as in freedom(not beer).

Free Software has 4 essential freedoms and they are.

>Freedom 0: The freedom to run the program, for any purpose.

>Freedom 1: The freedom to study how the program works, and
change it so it does your computing as you wish.

>Freedom 2: The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor.

>Freedom 3: The freedom to distribute copies of your modified
versions to others. By doing this you can give the whole community a
chance to benefit from your changes.

Don't use it?

Freedom 2 makes it free like beer

cut off like an cancer

>he installed windows 10
jee-zuss kee-rist

Use Winaero Tweaker to disable her, after you turn off or minimize her abilities as far as you can through Windows normally for best results.

do you really wanna know how to disable cortana?

Open task manager, Click cortana and open file location

rename the folder, itll say error, but force stop the process in Task Manager, then quickly click try again.

ta da. Cortana Disabled

literally no other alternative yet

been waiting for open source support push for years now. i want to switch but the bulk of my usage is windows only programs.

Using an OS that isn't shit will do the trick

yeah bet your cpu loves you

>customers
They gave it to you for free, Goy. What did you think their endgame was going to be?

Easy registry edit. I Googled this and had it done in a few minutes.

>He doesn't use Enterprise LTSB N 2016
Its almost as if you want Cortana installed along with the Store and all other apps.

I don't have this problem because it does't work in my country

okay, if you say 4 and you count to 3
which is it
3? or 4?
if three includes 0, then why say 4 freedoms???
can you be consistent with your numbers?