Cred Forums claims SSD's are a meme

>Cred Forums claims SSD's are a meme
>decide to get one anyway and install it in my laptop
>makes a massive difference in terms of speed

When did you realize Cred Forums is full of shit?

>it's another boring ass SSD meme blog
end your life and this shit thread

difference in speed in what? loading applications? big fucking whoop

Rebooting your system too.

only matters for laptopfags

>he never thought to get an ssd becasue of Cred Forums funposting
literally cucked, everyone and thier dog always knew ssds are worth it

past the first releases of them anyways
i like having a small amount of faith in the drives i use

Idiots only talk about boot speeds don't know shit about access times which should be the main thing mentioned when talking about how SSDs are superior to HDDs.

SSD's are meme. You won't notice any difference on a clean install either way. You probably had a bunch of malware on your old drive slowing it down. That "fast" SSD will be slowing down if you don't change your computer habits.

You're full of shit and probably a poor-ass poo-in-loo that can't afford an SSD

the only real reason why you'd get a real performance increase besides loading things quicker is that you're an idiot who uses way too much ram relative to how much physical ram you have and hitting the swap file and the ssd is only acting as a bandaid

How long will it last? Test it and post results please.

just stop it Pajeet, we know you cant afford an SSD right now but one day you will

bump

>projecting this hard
Jesus, just admit you can't afford a SSD

>besides loading things quicker
But that's the point

Cred Forums is perpetually salty over things it can't afford.

Offcourse they're,

they rather spend 12 hours installing a operating system for free that is complete trash instead of paying 80 bucks for a windows key or a bit more for a premium mac book

Why do you think they seem "autistic" its really just excuses.

what the fuck do you do that you need to load things quicker? how about actually using the things you load once or twice a day?

laptop hdds are a bigger meme than ssds
you are now on a lower meme level

>using a file manager at all
>opening folders
>opening pictures
>opening music
>opening applications
If you are doing these you will benefit from an SSD. It's not due to their raw speed but due to the lack of seek time.

kys

ok so all you do is watch anime

>buying a windows key
>kys

just use kms toolkit u dumbfucks

why don't you research on the fifty billion tech blogs and youtubes fighting for your click vs trusting Cred Forums

if an SSD is giving you a speedup in relevant productive situations such as programming in an IDE you're doing it wrong

Nice

SSDs are an absolute requirement for a silent build.

A lot of the linux-shilled-Cred Forums don't realize that SSDs don't fail for an extremely long time compared to current HDDs. On average HDDs fail in about 4 years. It's not a question of "if" an HDD will fail, but "when."

i realized when i kept seeing "fell for the meme" for every fucking hardware/software/degree that is mentioned on Cred Forums

>On average HDDs fail in about 4 years
yeah your retarded seagate and WD drives maybe

Only matters for Linuxfags because they can't suspend

Even still SSDs do not fail gracefully, with an HDD there are clear warning signs but that is not the case with an SSD unless you are actively monitoring it. This and the fact you can't leave them unpowered for extremely long periods of time are really the only legitimate downsides to SSDs. The first issue of course can be mitigated by having backups.

I agree with this guy

anime is best watched from a HDD on your NAS

>opening applications
You will do this shit like only once a day.

>Implying lincucks can't suspend

Most of my HDD failures have no warning signs.
SSDs usually brick when they fail, but most of the time they last forever.
No consumer has ever reported the data loss when unpowered situation.
Being afraid of things with very low probability rate is stupid.

Keep movin those goalposts poorfags, maybe one day your McDonalds salary will let you get one

you don't get a general speedup in most programs which have already been loaded into memory unless you're hitting the swap file

and if random access is so important why don't you use a RAM disk

keep rationalizing your waste of money

>poorfag maymay
Fuck off retard. SSDs are shit.

Sell it then.
Don't reap the benefits while complaining about it.

>No consumer has ever reported the data loss when unpowered situation.
We aren't talking about consumers though, we are playing devils advocate and pointing out in general what the few downsides are. Name an average consumer who leaves a drive unpowered in excess of ten years? This issue does not occur in the short term.

>Most of my HDD failures have no warning signs.
Fair enough, but your experience isn't the majority of HDDs failures. Even with HDDs I would always say use backups.

Nobody is retarded enough to buy used wear and tear parts.

Hands aren't really that hard to draw, holy shit!

>Ivy bridge cpu
>'I'm not a poorfag!'

I'll buy a used SSD since I'm not a paranoid retard.

haven't been on Cred Forums in a long time but why does everyone misuse the word meme like that now to describe literally anything? it just makes you sound like a retard

I'm still waiting for Zen since it's initial announcement in 2015 or so. Why should I upgrade if the CPU is still good?

the typical computer user is even stupider than you are, you can easily mistreat an SSD

By the way you don't become richer by spending more money on something you don't need.

>Ivy Bridge
>good when compared to Skylake or even Haswell
>falling for the AMD Zen meme

>waiting for zen
dohoho

get kaby lake

>mfw the entire thread doesn't realize the "SSDs are a meme" is a meme

but SSDs are a meme, see

>When did you realize Cred Forums is full of shit?
From the very first moment I came in.

MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME hey guys does this word still mean anything anymore MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME

>buy the newest shit for no reason
I have yet to see a reason to replace my i7 3970X. Performance gains on newer microarchitectures have been minimal where it matters. Intel as of late has been more obsessed with non performance initiatives like energy savings because they can't pull off the massive advancements of old.

>submitting yourself to russian botnet .isos and malware
kek

>tfw poorfag
>tfw fell for the SSD meme
>tfw fell for the having savings greater than 12 months of living expenses meme
>tfw fell for the vidya meme
>tfw fell for the windows 10 meme
>tfw fell for the arch meme
>tfw fell for the animeme
>tfw fell for the java meme
>tfw I'm a part time NEET/shutin
>tfw you fell for the you don't want anything meme

Give me something to do.

>3970X
Why?

I had money, but not enough money for a Xeon at the time.

>AMD
All your credibility just went down the toilet, poorfag

because he's not a poorfag

>boo, i can't understand how joking here works
>why is Cred Forums so stupid they are posting stupid things

you're super cute
i bet you don't even have any fetishes

???

Rich people aren't rich because they spend buckets on trivialities. I bring six figures but I'm not about to spend more than is worth spending on anything for the sake of looking like a richfag. I was asking because I wanted to know why he thought it was worth it (it obviously isn't for me).

I've got a decade old Toshiba 320gb HDD still going strong in my thinkpad after close to eight years of heavy use. I'd upgrade to ssd but SATA I makes it a waste.

Which a pajeet can't afford either.

>muh anime
kys

To add to this; at the time I ran a fuck ton of VMs that I wanted to be able to perform very well, which is the same reason I have a shit ton of ram. This however has settled down quite a bit with all the free servers from work that I mainly use for my VMs now.

Tape drives are still the best and most reliable storage medium. Don't fall for the solid state jew

I don't give a shit. It's either 8 real cores for less than $1000 or I will fucking not upgrade. Waiting 10 seconds less for my programs to compile is not worth getting jewed by intel. Of course intel is not retarded and will lower their prices if AMD is indeed competitive to kill them again.

Do you really close firefox/chrome/torrentclient/text editor everytime you don't use it for 5 minutes? My shitty torrent client still needs 20 seconds to start seeding thousands of torrents on an SSD and my solution is to just fucking start it once and let it run. It would be exactly the same situation as on a HDD. You will get at least 8GiB of RAM showed in your ass nowadays unless you buy a chromebook.

it would still run silently, have instant seek times, use less power, and be more shockproof regardless of bus speed

>he's using an SSD to seed torrents
>his internet speed is sub-GB/s

HDD FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH BTFO TOP KEK

In all honesty I bought an SSD and it doesn't feel much faster than the HDD. Shit loads faster but it's still the same after shit has been loaded in RAM. It doesn't do anything after the first minute of booting.

I'm talking about the torrent client itself. Not the data it's seeding.

>listening to Cred Forums
>ever

Most of the current Cred Forums posters are college twats from Cred Forums circlejerking about Windows10 or CS turds that installed Arch after failing 10 times and praising it 24/7 in desktop threads.

this. OP is an idiot

Thats the point.

What exactly did you expect from a hard drive? Do you understand how computers work?