Why was Tiger so /comfy/? It's been over a decade and nothing has come close since

Why was Tiger so /comfy/? It's been over a decade and nothing has come close since

>mfw still using Tiger almost daily

pretty fond of the pinstripe era desu

NeXTSTEP itself was also really nice, I unironically want to get a mono slab some day

what are you using tiger on?
I've got a 2003 emac that still runs very well, but i couldn't imagine actually using it

not as comfy as Windows 95/98

no longer run it since i've been getting rid of as much computer shit from my house

not him but late model G5s are pretty nice tiger boxes

most G4 shit is really hobbled for web-centric use cases by slow RAM, don't know much about the later DDR systems though

NT4 blows both the fuck out

You're right, Tiger's even comfier.

I just can't help myself

fuck, just realize it put my socks on inside out

10.6.8 is still my jam

please use YYYY-MM-DD

no

It's funny how Snow Leopard and XP SP2 are still like the high water mark for consumer operating systems

no

He's already using the superior DD/MM/YYYY

El Capitan is fine. I'm gonna wait a bit longer before going to Sierra, they're still sorting hackintosh issues out.

Sure it's fine, but Tiger was much better.

YYYY-MM-DD remove all ambiguity and makes sense since it reads like a number. DD-MM-YYYY and MM-DD-YYYY don't.

YYYY/MM/DD is great for archival purposes but for general use DD/MM/YYYY is vastly superior. You see the numbers that change the most often first. Regardless it's his machine and he can use it how he wants. Even if he used MM/DD/YYYY it'd affect you in no way whatsoever.

>Regardless it's his machine and he can use it how he wants. Even if he used MM/DD/YYYY it'd affect you in no way whatsoever.
this is Cred Forums though

I run it on a 1.25GHz eMac, a 1.5GHz PowerBook G4, and a 1.42GHz Mac Mini G4. Gotta find the power cable for my 700MHz iMac G4

They'll take any old 3-pin cable off a laptop AC adapter though

Yes, and I need to find one.

Godspeed, they're slower than fuck but damn the adjustable monitor mount is comfy in the actual sense of the word

Mavericks > *

Panther > Tiger > Leopard > El Capitan > Yosemite > Mavericks > other versions

This is so iconic. When i'm thinking of 'modern computer', I'm thinking of that. It was also so futuristic! Tiger is pretty much the same as Panther, and back when it was released people still used 98-2000
NeXT's UI was comfier and these shits crashed a lot
picrelated
Jaguar ~= Panther > Tiger > Snow Leopard ~= Leopard > Mavericks > Mountain Lion > El capitan > Yosemite > Lion
first 2 versions were way too ahead of their time and weren't really used

Leopard wins over Snow Leopard simply for the PowerPC support.

but in some other aspects snow leopard is better, so they're sorta equal

Is it possible to run Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard in a VM? I don't own any Mac hardware anymore but I want the nostalgia back.

So you're all 2004 era macfaggots that made their way to Cred Forums somehow right?
What made you leave giaonline?

yeah why not
you can even run it on modern hackintosh -- latest version of Clover still can run 10.4 (tiger)

Can I use QEMU to install Tiger?

possible, but not recommended

I actually want to put it on an original iMac that I have. Where does one get the ISO's of these older MacOS X ?

How would one run tiger in a VM then?

>first 2 versions were way too ahead of their time and weren't really used

Ahead of their time, but also comically slow and buggy

VirtualBox, it has all the stuff that os x requires.
Not really buggy as I remember. Were slow though, especially compared to Mac OS 8/9

Tiger was dope, but Snow Leopard was the best so far.

Hell no

Adjusted by age, Tiger.
My personal, Jaguar or the original.
Today, Mavericks or latest.
Snow leopard is in the same category as Mavericks today.