Geforce GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti

Geforce GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti rumored to be released in october.
videocardz.com/63728/nvidia-to-launch-geforce-gtx-1050-and-gtx-1050-ti
benchlife.info/gp107-with-2gb-and-4gb-for-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-09252016/

Why would 1050 Ti have more vram than 1060 3GB?

it's over ayymd 470 and 460 is finished

470 with 8ghz memory and a bit of core overclock can get near 1060 levels, you idiot

Business decision.

Meh.
I'll keep mi 750 ti.
It runs fine on a 1680x1050 monitor and a new 1440p monitor will be probably too much for these crappy cards with low bandwidth memory interface.
See you next gen, ngreedia and amd.

>overclocking a 470.

amdtards actually believe this...

Wait did they drop the Ti brand from the 1060?
Why are there two models both called the 1060?
Couldn't they call it a 1060ti?
Theres a 660ti, 760ti, and 1050ti but not for the 1060?

What is with this poorfag shit

The same reason an R9 390 had more VRAM than a Fury X.

Marketing decision
Nvidia always sells confusing low end models that are nerfed with the same name as the non nerfed models, that way they sell overpriced cards to retards
At least is not as bad as the 6xx series, where you could find Fermi, Kepler and even Tesla cards under the same moniker

Fury X has 4GB because HBM didn't allow for more at the time.
1060 3GB only has 3GB because planned obsolescence

nah, it's because hbmeme1 limit

This is false advertising. There is going to be a lawsuit over this.

Fucking hell this is worse than iFags getting a new phone / mac / book every season.

What reason is the to buy a 1050 when you can buy a RX 460 instead?

I don't think so, unless nvidia doesn't state the core and vram count on the box then its illegal

selling a different chip under the same name is misleading customers though. They think they are getting the same power as a 1060 just with less RAM, but they don't.

Car makers sell the same vehicle but with a different engine, trim, or interior. They get away with it because they say its the salesmen job to let you know what you get. Nvidia can just pull the same thing here and say its amazon/best buys fault for not labeling it correctly.

Actually it has 3GB of RAM because of the width of its memory bus. On the 1060 the only options are 6GB of VRAM with 8Gb GDDR5 or 3GB of VRAM with 4Gb GDDR5.
With 128bit bus you have the option of 4GB with 8Gbit GDDR5 or 2GB with 4Gbit GDDR5.

This is caused by memory controller limitation. Although, yes, they could make a 1060 with 6GB of memory and less CUDA cores if they wanted to rather than 3GB of memory.

>GPU with 256bit bus
>16GB of memory

Explain that.
Hint, there still isn't anything bigger than 8Gbit GDDR5 out yet.

Probably multiplexing?

clamshell mode

Could the 1050ti become a meme card like the 750ti? It wouldn't need any power cables since it only draws 75w, and I'm sure it'll be powerful enough to run 99% of games at lowish settings.

Because retards think more ram is better

I think the 8gb limit is mostly due to the size that each unit or ram takes up

It's because it's not economically feasible to attach more RAM than can be directly connected to the MC. There is plenty of room on the back side of the PCB for RAM and also the front side since a card with 128bit bus would only have 4 memory chips normally.

Thing is that adding more memory makes the PCB more expensive and these corporations are trying to make a profit here. Well, nvidia is anyway. I dunno if AMD cares about profit. Probably not.

Why would 960 4GB have more vram than 970 4GB?

>The same reason an R9 390 had more VRAM than a Fury X.

HBM is much faster than GDDR5. 4gb of HBM can actually do the work of 8gb gDDR5 and more.

makes you think

It doesn't work like that dumbass. If memory capacity matters, 8GB will always beat 4GB unless the 4GB card has memory compression efficiency of 2x

1060 6gb is actually the 1060 ti, but due to the rx480, nvidia had to release it as the ti

imagine if the 1060 3gb had to compete with the rx480

without the ti*

1060 has some pretty crazy OC potential though.

Yeah I tried explaining that a 100mhz bump in an rx 480 is different from a 100mhz bump in a 1060.

GTX 1050 Ti/GTX 1050 has HEVC Main/Main10/Main12 hardware decoding, VP9 hardware decoding, Feature Level 12_1 support & DP1.4 & HDMI 2.0 support

GTX 750 Ti has none of those features

>pascal
>crazy overclocking
I think you mean RADICAL FTW SUPERCLOCKED

Its a shame that no one will care since nvidia will be 4 months late to the party with low end cards, and the 460 already supports all those features.