What is Cred Forums's favorite thing about Arch Linux?

What is Cred Forums's favorite thing about Arch Linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Parted
youtube.com/watch?v=1Mg5_gxNXTo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The fact that I don't have to install and can use fedora instead.

The AUR is an awesome thing.

>inb4 muh security flaws

It just werks more than any other OS I've used.

The fact i get to let everyone in my general area know im an arch user

This.
I don't mind to dedicate some time to set up thing, since once it's done, everything will just work.

> Not using a tiling manager
What a mess

I like the bleeding edge aspect of it

What's so great about tilling compared to stacking?

its cool for laptops since you minize the mouse use, but on desktops its kinda annoying

Is it possible to get i3 to work fully without mouse like awesome is advertised as?

the fact that I don't use it and use Debian instead

Wasted space and slower to operate. What's so great about stacking?

no idea, i dont even bother, im just ok with using openbox as wm with tint2 and thats all i really use

That it easily helps identify the autists of the linux community

It's a good gentoo installer

The fact that it provides endless shitposting material for Cred Forums

Tiling master race

I've been trying to install arch on my desktop with poor results. When partitioning my drive for /boot, /home and swap cfdisk doesn't allow me to define the boot partition or flag it in anyway.

I'm a total noob and I wanna learn. Do I need a /var and /tmp aswell?

Have pity on me Cred Forums

keeps manchildren from reproducing

Format disk with MS-DOS MBR (not GPT).

Create 500MB boot partition
Create ext4 filesystem on it
Set boot flag on

Create rest of disk as root /
Create ext4 filesystem on it

Use parted for this

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Parted

its lightweight and doesnt run shit that doesnt need to be ran

I like how the maintainers and blame the users for the shitty job they do on maintaining their distro, but I LOVE how the users defend it.

Its our fault user :^)

fastest install of any OS i've ever used
I had my system up and running in

Don't be autistic and use Arch-Anywhere.

>mfw people in RedHat are bitching about fedora.

I use cfdisk to partition all my my desktop drives on multiple desktops and an arm processor.
Its an option on the bottom left.. youre trucking up somehow. Try updating for the hell of it though, Ive only seen cf disk do that once.

Not him but can I use this to set up a dual boot. My Arch Linux dual boot installation attempts always end in failure and I have to keep Windows around for work.

It's not OS X.

Good package manager and sane packaging policy.

>can I use this to set up a dual boot.
not him, but idk what "this" is. Do you mean cfdisk?
You could (if windows allows) use cf disk to partition the drive and install windows to one partition and Linux to the other. I don't know if they would play nice like that and you'd have to boot from f8 to the other drive. A lot of people like a loader to pop up and ask what os they want to use on each boot.

Keep in mind that the windows os and guest programs are going to have read/write access all of the files on the arch partition including the Linux os itself. That means, should your windows os become infected, the virus will have the ability to download and bind Linux viruses to the kernel itself.

I was talking about Arch-Anywhere

new Desktop Thread?

holy fuck, I misread his post as saying "dont be an autist and use arch everywhere".

Just do what I said. I dont dualboot so idk the name of it but you probably want one of those loader things.

Not sure about arch, but I'm on Debian with i3, and barely use my mouse. The only thing you might have trouble with are web browsers that are mouse-driven, but there's always links and the like

Use arch-anywhere user

Wow, came to post this sans the Fedora part

Fact that it works better than Debian did. At least I can mute without buzzing.... well, sorta...

I need to get a different icon set and theme, maybe... icons for sure.

I also wanna figure out why logging out doesn't bring me to TTY, still haven't solved that. Probably doesn't kill X properly.

Just use Architect dude...

wtf is everybody talking about, i wanted to install the new Skype Alpha with debtap, it failed in so may ways that I quit to try and just installed Fedora

good luck getting paid as a Linux sysadmin with all your AUR knowledge idiots

Whats the difference?

Well, tbqh senpai, I used Architect, and it's more a babby approach. Gives a clean CLI style interface to help installing, shows the commands being run, has lots of options to choose, but it's essentially another automated installer for Arch.

watch the first 30 minutes of the below and get over it for fucks ssake

youtube.com/watch?v=1Mg5_gxNXTo

Hi, fellow Arch Linux™ user! I'm so glad you decided to let everyone know what your distro is, because it's super important that everyone on the Internet knows how gloriously minimalistic Arch Linux™ is!
You and me, we're UNIX® experts! `pacman -U /var/cache/kernel26-3.0.1-ARCH.tar.xz` is serious business, you know

>3.0.1

what in the bloody hell m8, you gotta update this pasta

It's part of the pasta, you'll see kernel26 there. Arch users like obtuse things like using old kernels.

I'll try Architect, thanks user-kun

arch-anywhere considered best choice

wow, someone using my photograph as a wallpaper :D

It keeps autists away from Gentoo

Why dont you just cover yourself in dogshit? The end result would be exactly the same.
Nobody comes near you and its cheaper.

literal autist/sperg distro and the install is basically an autist test. I'm fine and happy with Manjaro, just werks

You can use Vimperator on Firefox to reduce the need to use a mouse for web browsing

wait really?

proof?

Dis

I was surprised when I found out arch-anywhere "just werked" so much better than Antergos.

You're right, that is my favorite thing about it.

wallpaper plox

My favorite thing about it is using windows 7 and not a meme OS perpetuated by dorks on here

>Windows 7
>not a meme OS
Choose one.

the logo kinda looks like the eiffel tower

please use parted just look up installing arch linux with parted. so much more easy.

This is a fucking meme. Compared to other distros, Arch packages are larger on average.

>windows 7 is a meme operating system

>>>>>le pick 1 maymay

windows 7 is the XP of this period of technology, arguing that is retarded

Windows 8 is superior.
>windows 7 is the XP of this period of technology
You've got that right. Both are clung to by dipshits that hate change. It doesn't make them better, it just makes you autistic.

lol it's like a 50/50 chance with antergis installer. plus comes with bloat you do not ask for. no hate on antergos though.

>Windows 8 is superior.
Correction: Windows 8.1 is superior.
Reminder that Windows 8 is not Windows 8.1.

They're the same fucking thing, it's like saying Windows 7 is the best and then someone comes along and goes ackshually Windows 7 SP1 is what you should be using

No. They really, really aren't.
Windows 8.1 is as much Windows 8 as Windows 7 is Windows 10. Which is to say that they're still highly similar, but different enough to be considered different OS's.

Sure thing bud

It is a fact. Simple as that.

It's not a fact, it's a baseless claim made by some random twat on an anonymous image board.

quick and simple so I like to put it on non-important shit and it takes like 40 mins to get a functional device

before I startx I use about 93mb of ram.
after startx it only uses about 500mb of ram.
after firefox it uses about 3gb of ram.. < found the problem

Tiles master race

>Tiles
>Master race

Honestly is there a place that I can go instead of Cred Forums that isn't plagued by these indians. Why did you enter this thread fucboi? It's clearly not a thread for you.