What's the best desktop environment? Note I said desktop environment, not some stupid 1337 hacker window manager

What's the best desktop environment? Note I said desktop environment, not some stupid 1337 hacker window manager.

Other urls found in this thread:

extensions.gnome.org/extension/723/pixel-saver/
youtube.com/watch?v=hSQSXgUbolA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>desktop environment?
XFCE

>1337 hacker window manager.
awesomewm

Gnome. Everything else is deprecated or will be by our lord and savior systemd.

I use LXDE.

GNOME

XFCE

>Anything but GNOME
Redhat invites you to come into the current year.

>GNOME
bloated af.

You're not going to have a choice soon, might as well get used to it.

cool.

KDE or MATE

Enlightenment or Openbox

KDE, but it takes a long time to load

M8

i3 or awesome with solarized meme pastels

It's actually GNOME.

GNOME until LxQt is version 1.0

Trinity.

use gnome.that was the only DE for me that didnt do stupid shit like KDE aka "64gb ram,i7,nvidia titan x... yet still lagging".

DWM.exe
>just werks

CDE

XFCE, lightweight, customization and it just werks. I tried running Gnome and I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get basic stuff like having a dock at the bottom that hides and expands when you hover your mouse over it, and even then it wouldn't work.

wayland

(^:

install Aqua

Why do people not like Gnome?

they are just shilling.here's a quick explanation of the current linux DE's.
-gnome : best,most used.
-xfce : gnome rebuilt to be minimal on system resources but it a laggy piece of shit with old packages
-lxde : see above
-KDE : a very good looking DE very customizable and basically knows everything but you have to have a literal power-plant to run it woithout lagging.and its more likely to have bugs than gnome.

>KDE : a very good looking DE

yes i like the design and?
beauty is in the eye of the beholder

>using a tablet interface

is there a way to configure gnome so it doesn't waste a bunch of vertical screen space?

aham

Cinnamon.

GNOME should be banned from earth.

yes.just look up some tutorials plenty on youtube,google, and if you want icon packs or themes and shit gnome-look.org

extensions.gnome.org/extension/723/pixel-saver/

KDE, hands down.
It's the only major DE that isn't for poorfags or retards.

cinnamon. and yet another guy who uses gnome outdated gnome libraries enters the ring.but wait, this one is special, its ui is written in fucking JAVASCRIPT.

Not really dude
youtube.com/watch?v=hSQSXgUbolA
Here's a video of it starting

XFCE is GARBAGE and they don't even care anymore

Install KDE and don't listen to anyone talk shit about how much resource it uses unless you're going to use it for a computer over 10 years old.

i'd like to know his system specs.

laptop

exactly what i was talking about.i7 processor,high end graphics card,shit ton of ram i dont have a power plant to run kde on but its a good DE.it would be great if it required less system resources because neither i and i think op has the computer to run it.

see Frankly I'm happy at least one DE has the balls to exclude absolute poorfags. Go enjoy your garbage DEs like LXDE or xfeces, poorfag

>KDE
>D
>E

wow bro! why the hate against a fellow linux user?
i prefer gnome. you dont have to get mad because someone on the other side of a rock that's flying in infinite nothingness didnt have the same preference as you

Fluxbox

I have a Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM, and Intel graphics. KDE 5 runs fine on my machine.

What he said, KDE riced to the moon and back is god tier.

r u a hacker?

I'm not mad, I am contemptuous. I wouldn't expect the Untermensch to grasp emotions more subtle than anger or love, however.

Bloated and buggy

Budgie, it's fast snappy and uses gtk and gnome apps by default. A little lacking in features though since it's new.

Yes

I'm no Jordan fan but man alive, he sure does matter-of-factly end/win his arguments online. Would cry if on receiving end of that post, 10/10.

He didn't ask about KDE.

I like XFCE but prefer GNOME. It's a bit more faster, and has a nice UI when using extensions.
>inb4 gnomeshill