If you buy from Nvidia, you don't belong on Cred Forums

If you buy from Nvidia, you don't belong on Cred Forums.
>proprietary software like physX
>G-sync
>goyworks
>lies to their customers
>slowly gimps their cards over time

Why must you support this shitty company?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-texture-issues-with-direct3d-11
reddit.com/
reddit.com/r/gnu
reddit.com/r/linux/
developer.nvidia.com/physx-source-github
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because i like it

But AMD has proprietary software too, no equivalent to shadowplay, and better drivers.

Also when did they lie to their customers?
>inb4 3.5
it has been proven to be able to access and use all 4GB on board vram.

>it has been proven to be able to access and use all 4GB on board vram.
Yes, lets use that extra vram that will effectively reduce our framerate to unplayable levels. Shill some more.

B-but the gameplay is so smooth..

(you)

Because I prefer it.
Get fucked.

>Complains about proprietary software
>Posts on a proprietary image board

i agree totally OP.

>can't async
>can't DX12
>can't vulkan
>can't compute
>botnet GFE 3.0
>using GFE at all
>overpriced
indeed, Paxwell alone was not on the original roadmap and just inserted to jew more people in believing that its a new architecture.

>video games
Back to Cred Forums faggot

>belonging to anonymous internet board
>mfw

fuckin autists

Everything Nvidia makes is objectively superior to AMD. Sorry you're too poor to afford the better cards.

At least it has good drivers faggot.

Except for their mascots

because with nvidia, when I buy the top end card, and top end monitor, and buy a game on launch day, it fucking works.

because with nvidia, when I want to install linux to do some other shit, it fucking works.

because with nvidia, when I want to play an old game on an old os, it fucking works.

getting the trend?

Nvidia doesn't gimp their cards my friend. We try our best to maintain performance. You might be confused by AMD who takes years to get the top performance out of their cards.

That was ATI. AMD ruined Ruby.

But my 670 has gotten faster since it launched, not slower. Wtf?

Aren't modern AMD drivers incompatible with Dolphin now?

Because I had to underclock my MSI R9 390 for it to not run super fucking hot.

[citation needed]

That would mean dolphin devs are shit by the way.

PhysX was already proprietary before Nvidia bought it, if you have an AMD card you don't use PhysX so why do you even care? also AMD made their open source version similar to Physx and they abandoned it completely, just like every project they work on.

>G-sync
If you've got an AMD card you've got no business using G-sync, it doesn't affects you at all and lets just ignore the fact that G-sync came 11 months before Adaptive Sync

>goyworks
Once again, if you've got an AMD GPU you shouldn't be using Nvidia Features.

>lies to their customers
Oh man if you hate Nvidia for doing this you must want to murder everyone at AMD.

Not really true, babeltechreviews.com does reviews with up to date drivers and the cards perform the same or better.

Yeah, Dolphin devs don't really like AMD, I've been on their IRC a couple of times...

I wonder why...

Nope. Works fine for me. Played Smash last night with a friend.

Yeah, me too user

forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-texture-issues-with-direct3d-11
Also look up RX 480 Dolphin, the card is incompatible with like every backend.

Because not even a single AMD GPU is fully OpenGL 4.4 or newer compliant, despite the fact that it came out more than two years ago.

The only other option is go to AMD which sucks even more ass.

I know they get kinda butthurt about the CPUs since AMD doesn't have any with enough IPC to run high end games like Star Wars.

>physx
Phsyx could be used with any GPU before Nvidia bought it. There is a big difference between what nvidia did and ageia did.

>g-sync
g-sync is a cancer on the monitor industry that needs to go away already. Who cares if adaptive sync was late. That's AMD's/Nvidia's problem, not mine.

>goyworks
black box that would have been used in a lot more games if not for the backlash it got.

It can do all of those things and both AMD and nvidia are overpriced. Oh, and Intel is too.

How can Nvidia hold technology back when theyre worth 10x more than AMD and have 90% marketshare?

if anything, AMD holds tech back by giving people more shit to worry about since they have to optimize for their shitty standards

green is a better color than red

This is correct. If Intel and Nvidia were to release the best products AMD would no longer exist. Because of anti trust laws AMD has held progress back. Even if Nvidia was the only gpu company, people would want better products each year. Hence incentive for improvement. Its better if AMD dies and the IP gets sold to a better company.

No other company has invested in the support for GPU accelerated machine learning. If there were more economical alternatives, I'd most definitely use them.

>Lies to their customers
AMD does this every year by overhyping their POS products

Kek

Nvidia is heavily involved in scientific computing, actually trying to push society forward. AMD only releases shitty gaming cards.

They're pushing hard for a monopoly is what they're doing on the hpc market.

You're being ironic but this is actually true.

Everyone already uses Nvidia, and software written spcifically for CUDA, for professional applications so their workstation cards already destroy AMD's Firepoos, literally the only place that uses those is Bollywood.

AMDs only place in the market is shitty cheap gaming cards, which they hold back progress because gamedevs now have to worry about optimizing for their shitty cards.

>posts an absolutely irrelevant graph

>4k is 4x1080.
>Results roughly correlate
Why would any one be surprised

>Black box

I see you are an ignorant one, GameWorks are just like any API draw call, any debugging software can read what it does.

Years ago GPU vendors didn't needed the source code to optimize their driver and they don't need it now despite AMD crying about it.

Not to mention that even if they get the game's source code they can't optimize THE GAME ITSELF without having to rewrite THE GAME SOURCE CODE without the game developer approval first(good luck), at best they can write their GPU drivers to optimize the shaders for their specifics GPU architecture, if it comes down to that it would actually be a lot more easy to use a debugger like Nsight to see what the draw calls actually do and tackle the problem directly than trying to read thought tons of lines of code from a source code that they can't even modify.

The fact that people believe GameWorks is a blackbox is really baffling, you really underestimate how good debugging tools are.

nvidia are the greediest, shadiest motherfuckers in "gaming"

Shoo shoo AMDpoo shill.

Nvidia also releases great products that AMD cant even compare to. What do you do?

More like he really underestimates how fucking difficult it would be to optimize something by reading the source code of an implementation unique to game X in particular. Because every game might have a different version of the framework or a completely custom implementation. Either way it's unlikely the source code will be 1:1 between games.

>Why must you support this shitty company?
because I was a GPU faster than the Fury X
>support them
I bought it second hand, relax nig nog

I buy NVidia because their drivers work.

have had problems with ati (I stopped buying ati before amd bought them) and never with NVidia.
why change?

on Linux I just use integrated intel...

>REEEEEEEEEE I WANT PEOPLE WHO LIKE WHAT I DON'T LIKE TO LEAVE

this is literally you

>buy AMD card
>Cant use Linux anymore
>Cant emulate any games
>Card wont run certain games at all due to shitty drivers and have to wait days to fix them
>Card gets 85-90c while gaming and sounds like a jet engine, and this is with an aftermarket cooler

>Sell shitty AMD card and get a 1070
life has been good since then

And because AMD isn't? You're an idiot. I guess you work for free. Live in a free house. Drive a free car. Eat at a free restaurant. Fuck off.

>>Cant emulate any games
>>Card wont run certain games at all due to shitty drivers and have to wait days to fix them
>>Card gets 85-90c while gaming and sounds like a jet engine, and this is with an aftermarket cooler
Nice meme, friend.

No opengl support means no emulation or loonix
1/2 the games I buy crash instantly and I need new GPU drivers
card heats up like fuck, you cant deny that AMD is shit in the efficiency department

that's bullshit
here's a bad graph i made testing the best 780ti drivers vs the new ones.

the difference is like 2%

People believe the gimping meme only because AMD takes two years to finally finish optimizing their drivers. NVIDIA releases a complete project.

>Nvidia holds back gaming cuz they dont got the Async!!!

>Meanwhile AMD cant make an OpenGL driver for shit

I don't think AMD will ever finish optimizing their driver. Why would they bother when they can delegate that work to game devs with DX12 and Vulkan? I mean unless both DX12 and Vulkan fail spectacularly, there is no need for them to continue any work on DX11/openGL driver optimization.

>no emulation
Emulation works fine.
>1/2 the games I buy crash instantly and I need new GPU drivers
Then you're clearly doing something wrong.
>card heats up like fuck, you cant deny that AMD is shit in the efficiency department
So far this is the only thing you've been correct about so far.

Do you even know how terrible games run on Vulkan?

Literally Valve shit that they do nothing but optimize 24/7 crashes like dogshit on Vulkan on AMD. While I might not get the AWESOEM SPEEDS BOOST on Nvidia on Vulkan, it's still fucking stable and doesn't crash.

Vulkan = dev has to optimize. Maybe they aren't doing a good job, but as long as it's popular and gets high frame rates AMD can ignore their DX11 and OpenGL driver from now on.

>how terrible games run on Vulkan
the issue is the Devs have to optimize GPUs in their game and they have NO IDEA how that works.
Dooms works well in Vulkan but they spent a LOT of time making ti work

>Valve aren't doing a good job at Source

Kek no, AMD is just dogshit. I've used Vulkan on both AMD and Nvidia cards with Dota 2 on Vulkan. The 280x likes to randomly crash my whole system.

means Valve has no experience coding for GPUs.
They haven't done this before, so i can't blame em

i wonder if Nvidia will make a group to help Devs code for their hardware with these new APIs

Why did it get slower at all?

>means Valve has no experience coding for GPUs.
Didn't SteamOS have custom drivers for a while since the original Linux ones sucked so hard?
>i wonder if Nvidia will make a group to help Devs code for their hardware with these new APIs
There's some tool by the Vulkan group that helps validate that the generated graphics code is correct. I've seen Xenia and a few other projects use it.

DELETE THIS

Things that never happened the post.

>lel no drivers
>lel no Shadowplay
GVR and Crimson work fine. Don't have an opinion if you haven't even looked into what you're talking about. Modern AMD cards are competitive.

>If you buy hardware I don't like because I'm a cheap piece of shit that only uses Linux for imaginary e-pen points (my hardware wouldn't be able to run any modern windows anyway) you clearly don't belong to my secret club which I don't own and if you don't stop triggering you will face the consequences of being called a faggot by an anonymous neet.

Fixed that for your OP.

Oh, and Xenia. Don't know if anything in Xenia even works on AMD right now since Xenia required OGL 4.5 or Vulkan.

>AMD cards dont have shit efficiency and aren't housefires/jet engines
>AMD cards have OpenGL drivers that aren't shit
>AMD cards have support for Linux at all

please tell me what universe you live in

>Y-yeah who needs Linux anyway! AMD supports Windows 10 which is what matters!
>AMD Pajeets are also Windows Pajeets
Who would've thought 2 major cancers on this board were actually 1 ultra cancer?

AMD should just go bankrupt desu

Holy fuck AMD shills area seriously retarded, go ahead, post same results next do 980ti and 960 and then realise every single GPU has massive dimishing fps drops once they start bottlenecking. How come Cred Forums is more illiterate than Cred Forums when it comes to GPUs? Is it because majority of you guys are worthless fucks with ten years old thinkpads?

Why Americans can't grasp the difference between words ironic and sarcastic?

Every AMD shill on this board has something like a 100 bucks GPU and 5 gens old duo core CPU. Just go to any specify thread. I honestly believe that there are many smart people on Cred Forums, people who can code for good money. But majority of freetards in here are just autistic neets that have some imaginary set of rules that make you "cool" in eyes of an anonymous image board.

Ever heard of Mesa?
Didn't think so

is forza a legit dx12 native game or microsoft is just locking it at windows 10?

yeah if u like weed. nvidia is for degenerate stoners

free as in FREEDOM

>rx 470 beating gtx 1060
nvidiots on suicide watch

>Using the word got unironically
Please, this is an 18+ website. Go back to bed, you have school in the morning.

thank god Cred Forums is trolling these butthurt retards

I was super sad ED started sucking their cock, the one site that should've been indiscriminate in calling out dysfunctional retards

>rx 470 4GB beating gtx 1060 6gb
nvidiots are literally mutilating themselves

>ED doesn't make fun of alt-right shitheads like Milo
You sure u visiting the right ED? It's some stupid domain like .se or something now.
Goyim spotted.

keplers are literally dead, maxwell soon while old amd cards still kick ass

OP cant afford nice things so has to buy the shitty stuff.

haha OP i can see ur face right now

this

>It's some stupid domain like .se or something now.
Don't talk to me or my wife's domain ever again.

As someone who loved his 8800GT back in 2008, I'm so disappointed with monopolidia.

Which AMD card should I get for my next system, Cred Forums? I'm playing games at 1080p

You can't argue that their cards have more performance than AMD's though. Yeah I agree they do a lot of terrible shit, but their cards are the best performance there is right now.

Because AMD releases garbage
/thread

wew lad crossposting at its finest

Your post was so fucking retarded that i loled hard.
n1 m8.

rotational velocidensity

the 1060 3gb, mobile maxwell, kepler getting support dropped for maxwell, releasing WQHL drivers that fried cards on multiple occasions and much much more

>there are people who don't buy from based AMD
wew lad

because i wanted to play the witcher 3 on 1080p max settings and only nvidia could deliver that power. would've switched to AMD if they had an offering, but no. vega delayed until further notice

I can use internal screen in my thinkpad t420 with egpu on gtx660

Nvidia is too expensive
Thats the biggest problem

shame forza horizion 3 has the worst optimization of any game released this year.

For a start i cant even buy the fucking thing on the windows store lol payment system doesnt work

AMD is more expensive for me, only rx460 is currently priced at decent level.

yeah a decent 480 is like $550aud here its fucking hilarious

>Also when did they lie to their customers?

Maxwell will have DX12 support added in drivers. Everyone kept parroting that, and now they don't even get optimizations anymore now that Pascal is out.

>If Intel and Nvidia were to release the best products AMD would no longer exist.

If Intel and Nvidia were to release the best products, then they wouldn't be able to release shit products for a premium price.

>Even if Nvidia was the only gpu company, people would want better products each year.

Then they'd default to the 5% increase per generation like Intel has been doing ever since Sandy Bridge. And they'd remove all overclocking support, except on special "K" suffix GPUs, which cost premium, and come with a thermal solution that prevents it from being actually be able to overclock.

>AMDs only place in the market is shitty cheap gaming cards, which they hold back progress because gamedevs now have to worry about optimizing for their shitty cards.

Except that AMD chips are now in every console of the market, so devs don't even *need* to optimize for their cards, since the Vulkan/DX12 codepath works fine.

Instead they need to optimize for Nvidia hardware... which they can't do, since goyworks is black boxed.

>multi-culti-kek

ahhahaha

It's possible to pressure NVidia in an investor meeting by asking a question about FOSS support.

If there was one question that could be asked by an investor to NVidia management, what should it be?

shadowplay used to be good but it's pure cancer right now.

Support? Do you think Nvidia is some kind organization which collects money for starving kids or ecology?
May be you believe it's AMD?

The truth is weakest Nvidia's videocard still stronger then best AMD's

If you want best, then just get green videocard.
If you, for example, hate our planet, then waste your money for some red garbage, then put it in PCI-E slot and start wasting GigaWatts of energy with "mining"...

>proprietary = bad

Go find a commune to live in and see how many computers they use there, you neckbearded hippy fuck.

Because AMD won't make fast graphics cards and instead releases shit with 2013-tier performance in 2016.

>buying any gpu

nah my 5775C has it all

>I want to play a Nvidia branded game and AMD cant do that
water is wet

yeah whatever AMDboi, maybe youll be able to get the premium nvidia experience if you save enough ruppees

until then, you can fox and grapes all you want

>i wanted to play bf4 but my nvidia card wouldn't let me :(

AMD arent jews who make shit like goyworks

>some exclusive feature that isn't even that used or being hard/impossible to turn it off makes amdbois this mad

Keep staying retarded my man.

>discrete graphics
Dropped.

Go back to Cred Forums faggots.

>it really got slower

AHAHAHAHAHHHA GIMPED! GIMPED!

>AMD has proprietary software too
TressFX is not a black box like GameWorks is. Unlike with GameWorks, Nvidia can see TressFX code and optimize for it in drivers, which is why they released a driver update for Tomb Raider which greatly increased TressFX performance just a couple days after release.

>no equivalent to shadowplay
Are you retarded? Seriously, how can you be this stupid?
Raptor is RIGHT THERE IN THE DRIVER INSTALLATION, you idiot. On topof that, you have several third-party alternatives for GPU-accelerated recording on AMD cards.

>and better drivers
Just moved from R9 380 to GTX 1060. Both companies have identical quality in drivers, I had zero issues with both of them.

>defending the 3.5 disaster, the worst GPU launch since the HD 2900 series
>"it's ok, guys, this huge company that is only interested in taking out money and raising their profits by any means necessary without giving a fuck about us didn't lie, it can technically use 4 GB, it totally doesn't matter than when using those last 0.5 GB there are attrocious frametime issues"
Kill yourself.

>posting average framerate graph to argue against a frametime problem
Kill yourself.

tressfx is open source and part of AMD's GPUOpen

>look mom, I posted it again!
GPUs and video games not only are technology, but also are an ingrained part of Cred Forums culture by now.
If you don't like it, fuck off to somewhere else.

did you forget that project cars exist? all of the game's physics uses some proprietary bs by nvidia and offloads it to ur cpu if you use amd

Fuck off Micro$hill.

>You might be confused by AMD who takes years to get the top performance out of their cards.

>AMD cards are competitive with Nvidia at launch
>Get progressively faster compared to equivalent Nvidia card until the point they completely BTFO Nvidia's card
>This is bad somehow
I don't get why Nvidiots shoot themselves in the foot with this argument.

>proprietary

Freetards seriously need to go back, you do not belong here. Cred Forums is a closed source site for closed source people and closed source technology.

Consider using:
reddit.com/
reddit.com/r/gnu
reddit.com/r/linux/
instead, thank you.

why do people meme about amd's OpenGL support? ive never had issues

>Even if Nvidia was the only gpu company, people would want better products each year. Hence incentive for improvement.

Are you retarded? Of course better GPUs would be made, that's not the argument, you retard.

Today with AMD:
>here's the $250 GTX 1060, which is about 80% faster than your $200 GTX 960

Future without AMD:
>here's the $350 GTX 1260, which is 10% better than your $350 GTX 1160, or you can get the $700 GTX 1270 if you want 25% higher performance instead, also check out our Titan which is now $1800

g is not your secret vip club faggot, anyone can use it if they want to

MUH FREEDUM BUT I FORBID U USING G IF MY AUTISTIC PREFERENCES R NOTNURS TOO

pathetic board

That's now how optimization works, fucktard. Both AMD and nvidia analyze the draw calls that software makes and then optimize driver accordingly. If the game is somehow broken on their hardware and code changes are required, they need to contact the developer for a game patch. They do not patch games themselves.

There is no instance where either AMD or Nvidia looks at the code of TressFX/gameworks for optimization purposes. That's RETARDED. It's so much fucking harder to do that than it is to see what the software spits out and optimize according to that.

>Because AMD raptor recording us shit.
>Because Linux drivers for AMD are shit
>Because both my r9 290 and fury were loud as fuck and would get to 80C quick if I turned the fans down with a slightly lower curve.
>Because my 980ti overclocks to 1550mhz at out of the box voltage and shit stomps AMD at 1440p
>Because when I had either one of my AMD cards, there were always little problems. Artifacting at desktop, hdmi cutting out at random intervals
>Because waiting 2 weeks for drivers for a newly released game is bullshit.

I was a huge AMD fan boy for the longest. Had an fx-9370 since launch and r9-290 xfire setup for a while. Then I saw the futility of it all when my CPU at 5.1ghz was getting shit stomped by a stock 4690k. When my xfire setup was hitting 92C under gaming loads in a wind tunnel of a case, and still only giving a stuttering mess (because of drivers or lack there of) compared to a single card.

I was hype for Zen but I've long given up waiting. Bought an i7-6700k.

b-but OP I get 3 more FPS in 3 year old video games

>b-but it's full 4gb

That doesn't matter when even the driver tries to avoid using over 3.5GB of VRAM.

Fuck off Pajeet

try running Linux or emulate a game with an opengl backend

This user here is an example all AMDbois should follow. AMD cant compete, stop clinging on and let them die

works on my machine, both pcsx2 and dolphin work great with my r9 270x.

amd has proprietary software and consistently lies to their customers aswell, about both performance and pricing.

juts buy a card you like from whoever you like and stop making shitty threads about it. seriously both sides need to shut the fuck up.

optimization for newer versions of gameworks etc. it will play the games at a slightly better quality with a 2 - 3 fps frame drop. the gimp is a myth the drivers just push forward updates for all of nvidia's softwares which will always slow an older card a little.

amd doesn't have anything to update so, they don't lose frames.

neither are dead or dying, chum.

not gimped as other nvidia services get better in driver releases the quality for new games gets better at the cost of a few frames for older games.

stop with the idiocy.

>AMD doesn't lie

>Everything about Bulldozer
>Polaris will be $200 and perform on par with a GTX980
>"We'll be good someday"

>gtx 970 4gb
>4gb

and then performance drops the day a new generation is launched

it does and it is, stop living in a 3rd world shithole with 1000000% vat taxes

Autistic neckbeard, im goldstein, pajeet is fucking your mom

amd needs a 1070/1080 competitor so they can be on top of those charts, it's all about marketing and perception.

Apparently you missed the benchmark m8

kek btfo

>see kepler perfomance
>REALIZE NO SLI SUPPORT
end me senpai

>reddit
>not posting exodus
>not posting endchan
Kys

i don't think you realize what free means. it's not free as in free food, it's free as in freedom.

They had a nice N-body demo using CUDA.

So I went ahead and got me one of these nice babies after my 560 Ti died.

I bet Nvidia still runs at 23.970Hz when you connect the HDMI to a HDTV (shitty frame drops watching movies). I had to set a custom refresh rate on my old 560Ti. Got an AMD card and I get proper 23.976Hz right out of the box.

Why do you think Apple uses AMD video cards in their desktop computers? It's because they are the best. Why do you think consoles use AMD APUs? It's because they're the best. Checkmate, nvidiots.

>3gb
cuck

>Actually wanted to play this game
>lol nah you need to buy a 1080 poorfag, your 970 runs it at xbox quality

>implying memory matters compared to the size of your graphics processing unit

>proprietary software
Only commie faggots give a fuck.
>G-sync
Memesyncs are pointless, but so what?
>goyworks
Are you gonna come with shitty conspiracy theories about it?
>lies to their customers
Oh wait...
You actually are lol.

When the alternative is so crap they still haven't fixed something as basic as a mouse cursor glitch in what, 10 years? lel

Nice post pajeet, we need to remind the posters here that this is an nvidia sponsored board.

mouse cursor is fixed, friend.

XFX GTR Black is under AUD$400 for the 4gb, and just over AUD$419 for the 8gb, at PCCG. Newegg is the cheapest, with cards selling close to AUD$300.

Apple wants AMD so they can charge more for less. Consoles want AMD so they can get the cheapest possible chink shit

>Muh 5 obscure games that nobody plays that are so shittily optimized that it looks like AMD is better

$269 for a shittier GTX970 here in the good ol' USA

fucking delusional AMDtards. Kill yourselves.

But what about the monopoly laws in the US? Then Intel and Nvidia get broken up into smaller companies?

>PhysX could be used with any GPU before Nvidia bought it.

In the sense that you essentially had to buy a seperate GPU just for PhysX (e.g. the Ageia PhysX Accelerator card) sure. All Nvidia really did was save you the money if you decided to go Team Green for your GPU.

AMD don't support linux so fuck off

It would be more likely that another company would buy up AMD's tech. Samsung, Micro$oft, and Apple would be the most likely ones, and possiby even Jewgle and Jewbook.

Literal class action lawsuit was awarded to consumers against nvidia over 3.5. You have nothing to defend

>Nvidiots are also pedophiles
like pottery

>have a 8500 gt
>driver work
>have a 7970 ghz
>driver still not work/bug even via the command

Yes, fuck off

use a real OS and not a hiding spot for pedos

You are on Cred Forumsun stupid newfag

Is there a board more childish than Cred Forums?

Cred Forums perhaps?

>muh sekret club for pedos and weebs

First we claim AMD works great with Linux and now you are calling Linux users pedos.

AMD shills are truly desperate. They cling to anything as their garbage company slowly sinks.

>use a real OS and not a hiding spot for pedos
Literally what?

nvidia brings a better experience to the end user for the money at the price point consistently and that's all that matters..
an educated gambling consumer might buy amd for the compute benefit in next gen APIs but the fact remains dx11 is still what the vast majority of games use and nvidia is winning and also most of what you said is just false

Linux is literally useless unless you're a pedo who has to encrypt all his shit. Why should I care?

AMD is supported better on relevant systems like Windows 10 and OS X. DirectX12 and the deal with Apple and Polaris GPUs ahead.

epic, i can see where this is going, it was just bait guys!

>Truth so hard they think it's bait
You can go back to encrypting your CP and ricing your anime desktop, Nvidiot. Fuck you and your little secret club.

haha that's truly funny man, i really like this, keep it up brother

Nice post

It's true though.
Compare AMD's failure rate with Nvidia's, compare the average user experience with AMD and Nvidia.

thanks when can i expect my shill money?

I've never been happier.

I wish I had that much disposable income

>amdfags

Well when you do, get yourself a gun and an Nvidia card because AMD is for losers who don't strive to be the best.

>Phsyx could be used with any GPU before Nvidia bought it
Yeah you just need to buy an Ageia PhysX PPUâ„¢ or run it on the CPU but it was 2500% slower than it's now on CPU compared to any other cpu physics engine (havok, bullet...) cause now is x86 and it uses simd optimizations and back then it was x87.

>g-sync is a cancer on the monitor industry that needs to go away already. Who cares if adaptive sync was late. That's AMD's/Nvidia's problem, not mine.
Buy whatever suits your needs, adaptive sync was not only late but badly implemented on lots of panels and i keep having flickering cause the drivers are shit for freesync + cf

>goyworks
>black box that would have been used in a lot more games if not for the backlash it got.
Actually you can access the gameworks source code on github but the gpu acceleration runs on top of cuda.

>tfw evga 1070 ftw
>tfw never gets above 62c under load
>2100mhz overclock, didnt even have to touch the voltage
>dat rgb lighting

>Nvidiots

If being a fat autist that spends thousands on PC parts and weapons that make you look like a deranged psycho is what you define as the "Best", then life must not go very far.

>Nvidia user are pedo
This is the new AMDfags argument

AMD supports open source where it matters, not some toy OS that you use to hide shit you don't want people to see.

Can you elaborate

AMD open source:
Vulkan
GPUopen
FreeSync

Nvidia open source:
Muh Linux

>Nvidiots are also pedophiles

Lmaooooooo! That's probably the most liberal thing I've heard in days.

>typical nvidia user

>not some toy OS that you use to hide shit you don't want people to see

Can you elaborate please

developer.nvidia.com/physx-source-github

Rrrrrrright

>he's a Cred Forumstard, too
Haha holy shit
I can just imagine the hambeast behind the monitor now.

>typical AMD user

23970Mhz sounds like the speed my amd card want to run as soon as i plug my second monitor (on idle).

>"liberal" is a term exclusive to Cred Forums

Alright then, good night.

>tfw Intel master race

>Those damn dirty libs, muh gunz....
>I am enlightened by my red pill beliefs and my $5000 PC which uses superior Nvidia components, a true gamer like me only uses Nvidia ;), no liberals or normies would understand...

I love it when fat fucking autists like to think they're really living it because of some dumb shit.

Is there a good reason why I should use slower GPUs and CPUs that run hotter and have bad software and drivers?

I don't want AMD to go out of business because NVidia and Intel will skullfuck the lot of us with no competition but AMD basically torpedoed themselves with bad business practices and architectures.

They never should've sold their fabs. They already couldn't compete with Intel pound-for-pound on a technical level but there was a market there for delivering the most bang for the buck and they just blew it time after time.

I have a 1080 and the GFE3.0 shit almost makes me wonder how fucking shitty the future of PC gaming is gonna get if AMD goes under at some point.

We really need someone to break into the GPU market. Intel's chip designers design their integrated graphics like cards from the 90's in terms of architecture which is too bad. Intel getting serious in the GPU market and getting into a slapfight with NVidia would do us all a world of good now that AMD isn't worth 2 fucks anymore.

Brand loyalty is for chumps.

Right now Nvidia is leading the benchmarks, I will buy Nvidia. If the next generation, AMD has better benchmarks then I will buy AMD. Pretty fucking simple.

THE BEST GIRLS

unless you don't have $600 to put into a piece of hardware that makes games slightly prettier

AMD open source:
Vulkan

Intel has also picked up the FreeSync standard, so that's pretty cool, too.

>buy Nvidia
>get card that works

>buy AMD
>get trash that overheats, raises your power bills, and BSODs your computer
its very simple

honestly i don't get meme's Nvidia or AMD sprout
never had i ever had problems with ether.

I even have to dig deep for problems and even then its fucking nothing.

meme loyalty a shit.
why are linuxfags such morons ?

Linux is broken on monitors too and its not AMD or nvidia's fault linux is just broken

there was even a demo where
Explaining computers on youtube got #rekt on linux mint because display drivers where broken and webm support was stuffed also 1080p videos where messy and trash worthy video playback.

Opengl was broken for a long time since 2001
all the patches they have made have no boosted gpu's because its a crappy API.

>Intel has also picked up the FreeSync standard
Actually they are going to support ActiveSync.
FreeSync is proprietary AMD stuff.

>FreeSync is properietary
My little tripfag cant be this retarded

Kill yourself

>FreeSync is proprietary AMD stuff
Holy shit, you're an idiot.

>They don't know that FreeSync is a proprietary version of AdaptiveSync.

AMD cucks on suicide watch.

Your trips have summoned Satan, please use that as an opprotunity to kill yourself.

Satan just tests people to see if they are worthy of going to heaven, why would I commit a cardinal sin and be thrown into purgatory if he appeared?

That would just prove I was going to heaven.

AMD don't own Freesync. It's on an open license and free to use by anybody. Gsync on the other hand require display manufacturers to pay license fees.

That's a big difference, kid.

>AMD don't own Freesync.
Your shitty English asside, they do own FreeSync and the only implementation of it is proprietary and AMD's.

>they do own FreeSync
Nope. It's trademarked, and open.
>the only implementation of it is proprietary
Wrong again. Intel is moving to use freesync without AMD software/drivers.

The more you talk, the more you make yourself look like a fool, kid.

>they do own FreeSync and the only implementation of it is proprietary and AMD's.
DAL

Where is the source code for FreeSync or Adaptive-Sync if it is so open?

>buy new gpu
>cant play any new games cause of deveno

I'd rather suck green cock than wait a year for a reason to not to buy a 1070

>Where is the source code
There is none. It's hardware based tech that is utilised during the manufacturing process.

Your opinion is invalid because of the following
1. Your a 4channer scum
2. Every post is trolling
3. Cred Forums is top kek trolling
4. I would never take Cred Forums seriously

Until they gimp my 750 Ti, I don't care for Nvidia (as a company), yet will probably go for AMD if this gets gimped, or just outright shits itself

Do you even play games or do you just spend all day shitposting on a mongolian picture sharing site?

both are enjoyable, but the latter definitely beats the former

kek

Here's the thing. You said "The 970 has 4GB of GDDR5." Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that. As someone who is a engineer who studies GPUs, I am telling you, specifically, in science, no one says the 970 has 4GB. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. It's not the same thing. If you're saying "VRAM family" you're referring to the taxonomic grouping of GPU RAM, which includes things from DDR2 to GDDR5X to HBM. So your reasoning for saying the 970 has 4GB is because random people say "the 970 has 4GB?" Let's get system ram and cache in there, then, too. Also, saying 3.5GB GDDR5+.5GB DDR0=4GB GDDR5 is incorrect. It's not one or the other, that's not how VRAM works. 3.5GB is equivalent to 3.5GB. But that's not what you said. You said 3.5GB is equivalent to 4GB, which is not true unless you're okay with calling .5GB DDR0, .5GB GDDR5 which means you'd say DDR0 is equal to GDDR5, too. Which you said you don't. It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?

8 GB RX 470. Best bang for buck.

>I am telling you, specifically, in science, no one says the 970 has 4GB
I don't even like nvidia, but you're wrong. It does have 4gb, it's just the last 2 modules share the L2 cache.

>browsing this thread on an AMD build

Yes, but what he said is still true. In practice nobody considers it a 4GB card because the last .5 is a piece of shit that makes the whole thing worth far less than you bought it for.

I buy nvidia because it's better. Sorry.

AMD is fucking shit
>open laptop
>AMD settings has crashed get fucked
>change settings
>program crashes

im starting to think that this nvidia/amd shit is the same as Cred Forumss trump v hillary, ie, if you even bother with this shit in the current year, you're fucking retarded.

>no OGL 4.5

>answering to trip fags
>wondering why they're retarded

this
/thread

>144Hz
he'll be lucky to get 60fps out of that 380

You serious mate? Nvidia's linux open stack is topkek.

All these nvidia linux hypocrites are using closed stack rofl.

>Boots up decade old AMD laptop
>Updates to Win 10
>Crashes
>Blames AMD
>Receive shill money.

>CUDA
The only reason I consider buying a graphic card.

If you play games, you have a containment board for that.

OP is a retard.
If you want to use Linux or BSD, you buy Nvidia.
Even SLI works on FreeBSD.

Fucking fag.

Yes i7-4720HQ CPUs where around a decade ago also grorious win7

>Raptor
Literally a malware bundled to the official drivers.
Disgusting.

>I had zero issues with both of them.
Wow, I didn't know the open source Linux AMD driver supports the R9 380 100% now. That's some progress right there.
Last time I tried my 7870 shit was full of white screen of deaths each second boot.

> 3.5 disaster
The whole push for 4gb was retarded.
The 970 is NOT a 4K card.
On 2K, you barely use 2gigs of vram.

Rainbow 6 used most of my vram with the "ultimate epic high textures", and it was 3000mb or so. That's fucking it.
GTA? 2.1gigs?
Overwatch? 700meg?

So fuck off.
This vram ricing is like amd core pushing.
Or phone makes muh hexaoctogigahectacore cpu that can open chrome in 10 seconds!!111

> overpriced
Literally cheaper.

> dx12
AMD does not have full DX12 support you imbecile Indian fuckboy.
See pic.

> implying you can use an AMD card on Linux
In the past, like 5 years ago, there was a sweet spot when you were able to install the prop drivers and had 3D acceleration in games. Before that it was impossible to install them, now they are just broken as fuck.

So no, you can't.
BSD? Hah, lol.

How many times did you run the tests?
Also, with a 780 TI and basically any 7xx card, you have GPU boost.

That means each time the card is cooler, or kept cool, can do more frames. So even if you had less FPS in the next 3-5 runs when you tested the new drivers, the card could have became hotter, thus allowing it to boost less.

Just a theory, I am not defending anything here.
If my game runs at 61fps already, it's fucked anyway.

> Buy Nvidia
> Have support for eternity, like 10 years+
> You can download official Windows 10 drivers for fuckold cards that barely work anymore

> Buy AMD
> Wait 1 year
> Your card is now legacy
> Fuck you, no updates for you, pls buy new rebrand card

(This happened to me, fuck AMD.)

What?
> 1070 literally destroying every rebrand AMD has

How is that "bad"?

Come back once you have solid evidence on that.

> giving out free cards
> that is a very, very bad thing people!
> it's such an eviiiil company booo!!!

kek.

Saved.
Perfect description of every AMD fanboy post/thread.

The only other alternative if you want working drivers, BSD, Linux, etc.

> old_guy_just_burned_his_palms_on_hot_amd_laptop_and_now_screaming.jpeg

The AMD open stack is broken.
And now since they "focus on open source", they broke the closed one too.
So it's a big fucking pile of mess.

I don't know, between working closed source and not working anything, I would pick closed.

lmao. The open source driver runs games as good if not better than Windows on my 7970. I think you have AMD confused with Nvidia as far as the whole 'open source driver a shit' deal.

I wish there was a better competitor for Intel and Nvidia but unfortunately, AMD is all we've got. If they die, Intel and Nvidia will be guaranteed monopolies in three different markets (Intel for x86 CPUs and iGPUs, Nvidia for dGPUs) which will just make things much worse than they already are.

I would rather have an inferior competitor than a triple monopoly.

>Intel and Nvidia will be guaranteed monopolies in three different markets
No they won't. AMD's tech won't just suddenly disappear, and it can't be bought by intel/nvidia. It would be bought out by some other large company that might have an interest in the gpu scene. Valve would be the best, assuming they can afford it.

Actually, I kinda agree with you on that one. Still, I'm more optimistic about AMD's future and hope they still continue to survive unless Zen, Vega and Navi are all failures.

Because I got a 970 for crazy cheap.

If there was a 390 or 480 available for the same price I might have bought them instead. Really at the end of the day both AMD and Nvidia are just corps out for your shekels.

even the slow as fuck .5gb of vram is WAY faster than swapping to the disk.
20GBps is WAY faster than any hard drive.

no trademark is "open"

you have to procure rights from the owner of said trademark, usually by licensing. it's not an open widely adapted thing because you have to license through amd, or they will have the outlets to sue you repeatedly when they go belly up.

they wouldn't want it. they make far too much money licensing to nvidia.

gonna keep this vague.

Had 2 gpus in SLI for about 2 days. While playing BF4 one of the GPUs had a white flash loud pop/bang noise and immediately smoke came out and I shut off pc.

One of the gpus has a blown up capacitor I can tell since its sideways somewhat compared to the ones next to it.

Both gpus run and non of my pc was damaged. I plan on replacing the messed up gpu one way or another.

Has anyone had experiences with their gpus blowing up? my evga 1600W psu has served me well with my last SLI config and the psu is fine.

This is the first time something like this has ever happend to me just glad no other components were damaged