Just formatted my shitty HP laptop; I usually just run with AdBlock but this time I downloaded Avast to give it a shot

Just formatted my shitty HP laptop; I usually just run with AdBlock but this time I downloaded Avast to give it a shot.

Avast/free antivirus thread. Am I fucked?

Greetings from Cred Forums, I don't understand your Cred Forums memes.

Avira plus BGPKiller or Common Sense 2016.

Everything else is shit.

/thread.

I've had Avast on my mom's Macmini for several years. It seems to be pretty decent, except I find it annoying you have to register even though it's free. I use MSE and the free version of Malware Bytes on my Windows 7 HDD. Free MWB doesn't run a background daemon though.

Adblock is a content blocker and Avast is an anti-virus tho?

Enable silent/gaming mode and disable sounds. Also do a custom install just with web and file shields checked.

This is how i use it and works great, no ads, popups, etc. compared with other free AV's.

Avast is fine. Just make sure you don't have the unnecessary components installed:
- Software Updater
- Browser Cleanup
- Rescue Disk
- SafeZone Browser
- Security Browser Extension
- SafePrice Browser Extension
- SecureLine VPN
- Passwords
- Cleanup

These should all not be installed under Settings > Components

You only need:
- File System Shield
- Mail Shield
- Web Shield
- Home Network Security

What a waste of cpu cycles. Why not just use Linux instead?

Only do a minimal install and keep it in passive mode so it doesn't bother you. It's the most unobtrusive minimal overhead AV that is still freeware and is better than Windows Defender.

Use Common Sense and ff you download something suspicious scan it, and upload it to virustotal.
From what I've seen in virustotal Kaspersky has the most accurate scan results, if something isn't detected by it as malware then it probably isn't.

You are a retard plain and simple.

opinions on avira free?

>Avast

A piece of shit... when the pc starts it ask you to update every fucking time... and sooner or later it start to show spam shit in the corner...

> using av software in 2016
Lmaoing in the infinite loop

I use Malwarebytes / Anit-exploit and Common Sense 2017 Business Edition.

Yea you're an idiot

>Using Avast meme
Please use ESET, Kaspersky or MBAM

If GNU/Linux will be more prevalent on the desktop, Will also have a lot of malware.
>Look on android

Marginally better detection rates than Avast.
Worse in every other way.

As far as AV goes, avast is decent. I still think it's unnecessary though.
In my windows partition I use ublock + umatrix in Firefox, and then I have mbam just in case I somehow get a virus. Windows defender believe it or not is pretty decent.

just pirate eset. avast has annoying popups

yes comrade, download best eset now from free russian trackers and drink kompot while installing, you don't need to pay to stay secure!

Common sense premium 2016 is all that you need.

avira

Take care that it doesn't accidentally install Google Chrome when updating.

Common Sense demands that you should install anti-virus software on Windows.

I have Avast on my computer but it still somehow ended up with a ton of viruses. Recently I had to download adwcleaner and use it to get rid of dns unlocker, but it also got rid of 131 other viruses and malware that avast somehow missed.

Brain.exe and Commonsense.exe are the best free Antiviruses