If you don't buy from NVIDIA, you don't belong on Cred Forums

If you don't buy from NVIDIA, you don't belong on Cred Forums.
>Drivers work on linux distributions unlike AMD.
>Their cards are used in scientific computing, some of which is tackling climate change
>Supports freedom
>Cards have no problems and are efficient.
>Releases the best product, no waiting for years for promised performance.

Why don't you support this great company? They have moved the society forward by innovating with courageous products. AMD is a greedy, terrorist organisation and you should not give them the chance.

Pic related, AMD has nothing to compete with this.

Are we being raided by Cred Forums?

Wat

most of Cred Forums is very poor and use AMD products because they have no money.
i can see how some ppl can't buy a $800 GTX1080 like i did

Pretty sure I saw you bitching about the fury x costing more than a 980 ti a few months ago

Because the fury x performed worse than the 980 ti.

Any idea how much performance I'm losing by using Ubuntu pre-loaded drivers on a small radeon card? It seems to run fine but I'm just curious

>greedy
>no problems

Kek

Basic desktop usage the amd cards I have tested are fine. However if you are playing games AMD falls behind its relative NVIDIA cards ( when using the closed source nvidia drivers v amdgpu ).

Shitposting aside, if you want a good open source linux driver amd is the only choice right? I mean it can't be worse than nouveau

Yes amdgpu is better than nouveau. It is improving rapidly and works most of the time. Ive only experienced a few problems. However the closed source nvidia drivers are still ahead.

Emphasis on "performed"
:^)

The 980ti was last years card. Its time to move on grandpa. Technology has progressed, unlike AMD.

But amdgpu on an rx 480 should be enough for a few instances of the android emulator on debian right?
And it would still be faster than a gtx 660 with nonfree drivers, right?

why the fuck would I want a discrete graphics card? I don't game and I like having battery life longer than 2 hours

Yes it would be faster than a 660. But a 660 is an old card. My comment was for cards which perform relatively the same on windows.

>drivers work on linux
bullshit
>their cards are used in scientific computing
AMD cards are better at compute
>supports freedom
?
>cards have no problems
woodscrews
>and are efficient
Slightly. As if it matters on desktop.
>releases the best product
So where's that 1080Ti?

AMD gamer cards have better double precision performance I will give you that. But that is not needed for a gaming card. Note how most super computers use nvidia Teslas?

The 1080 ti will be released when its ready.

>supports freedom
Literary where do you get that information? Or are you just dumb as fuck thinking if drivers are available for linux then it supports freedom. Beyond that they are working like shit.

Although i'm an Nvidia user myself. I declare this a shill thread.

I bought RX480's simply because I wanted cards that had DP / HDMI only.

The requirement for the build was legacy free. No VGA/DVI/PS2/Serial/Parallel.

>Falling for the climate change propaganda.
Dumb nin-Cred Forumsydia retards, gtfo back to Cred Forums, Cred Forums or Cred Forums.

>Failing for counter meta posting threads.

We literally had this thread in same format praising AMD half an hour ago.