Reddit

Reddit
>open source
>allows and even encourages VPN use
>all moderators are in the open, in constant contact with the users, and allowed to be criticized

Cred Forums
>closed source
>bans all VPN usage on site
>all moderators are mysterious, feedback page is never used, and complaining about them is a bannable offense

Is reddit more free than us?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c
Cred
youtube.com/watch?v=2i1WJCORQjU
zixaphir.github.io/appchan-x/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

>>open source
haven't seen anyone ever use it aside from reddit themselves, also there are parts that are not open
>>allows and even encourages VPN use
maybe
>>all moderators are in the open, in constant contact with the users, and allowed to be criticized
no

all reddit moderators have an agenda so say anything outside of that agenda and you risk getting banned

don't they heavily suppress shitposters and ban boards that hurts their feefees? i liked fatpeoplehate

Cred Forums has true anonymity. You don't have to create an account to voice your opinion.

Cred Forums mods have an agenda as well, it's just harder to see since you don't know who the fuck is moderating.

Yes and so does Cred Forums. We still don't have a loli board because it's too controversial.

this

reddit call somebody a faggot everybody loses their shit mods included = banned
Cred Forums call somebody a faggot = its a greeting here nobody gives a fuck

reddit will not hesitate to sell you out to feds

>true anonymity
Can't even use vpn

>Cred Forums call somebody a faggot = its a greeting here
youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

buy a pass

fatpeoplehate was ruining Reddits reputation with their image host, FPH doxxed imgur or sometihng, but Reddit banned them cause of shittyness.

FPH brought it upon themselves. FatPeopleHate was all about personal responsibility until they got fucking banned.

Cred Forums mods have an actual reasonable agenda though, idiot. just imagine for a second what a shithole this place would be if every thread was self moderated.

You forgot OP:

They don't force you to fill out a Jewgle captcha or buy a Cred Forums pass

There are mods on certain boards that have political agendas, though. Cred Forums namely.

Leddit was never dangerous.

Cred Forums was, which is why it was coopted

>tfw our shitposting directly contributes to the enslavement of mankind by robotic gjewgle overlords

>>all moderators are mysterious, feedback page is never used, and complaining about them is a bannable offense
I never understood this one, the only possible reason for this is to keep the Cred Forums culture of shitty trolling and hatefullness, cyber bullying etc

I really don't like the attitudes of the mods here, they don't explain it justify anything and play by their own rules.

But I do like Cred Forums more than reddit because anonymous, no upvotes, no ranking system, etc.

why are you trying to discuss politics on Cred Forums in the first place you fucking retard? Cred Forums shit is supposed to stay on Cred Forums. removing off-topic discussion has nothing to do with having a political agenda.

Cred Forums has a notorious mod named redwood that bans anything even remotely racist

like, even jokingly racist (benign shit like giga nigga jokes)

In my limited experience with Reddit, I tried it out years ago before the "Reddit is gay" memes caught on. My completely unbiased opinion of that website is that it's shit.

Reddit is like if tripfags ruled Cred Forums. They thumb up and circlejerk their e-celebs. If you're a nobody, nobody cares what you think and if you have a differing opinion from the collective you get buried in downvotes. It's disgusting, your opinion is going to go unheard. On Cred Forums, everybody is equal and you don't have to build up some gay reputation to have your post seen.

I was disgusted by the website after only a few days, so much that I actively closed my account and never looked back.

I am imagining a grim future though where Hiro sells us out to Google and we all leave in droves because nobody will feel safe posting on a Google Cred Forums platform where posts like "I WANT TO KILL ALL THE NIGGS" is tracked and added to your NSA profile. I don't think the next Cred Forums-like website is going to be a futaba imageboard. We might very well be using something more modern that still strives for anonymity. I don't know what that will be though.

global rule #3, dumbass.

It's also illegal in the US you disgusting pedo

We don't have a loli board because it's illegal LMAO

t. redwood

it's not black and white, you don't need to blanket ban everything that could be interpreted as being a little bit racist

Loli isn't illegal in the US. That's not even the problem.

The problem is CloudFare has servers all around the world, meaning they have to abide by international laws, namely eurocuck nations where loli is actually illegal.

>true anonymity

Top kek
You can't say it's true anonymity when there are IP logs that are regularly used by law enforcement to v& people.

It's an anonymous image board, in that you don't have to post under an identity, but that's it insofar as anonymity the site provides. Posting through a VPN or through Tor or other proxies is generally blocked.

Loli laws are a pretty complicated topic as it can vary in how much you can see or own. Some states allow you to own hentai with lolis in them, some states only allow you to see lolis, and some states disallow lolis overall.

>some states only allow you to see lolis

dude how is that supposed to work lol

>. Some states allow you to own hentai with lolis in them, some states only allow you to see lolis

You can see the lolis but no fapping.

>fate worse than death

>"I WANT TO KILL ALL THE NIGGS" is tracked and added to your NSA profile.
>implying this doesn't happen already

It varies state to state, but many outlaw based on level of obscenity while others outlaw it altogether so. While I'm sure cloud fare plays a part, before it was in place there was still no loli board because moot was scared of the legal repercussions.

>and ban boards that hurts their feefees?

I miss /r/European

It was a good place to get the news.

>but no fapping.

how fucked in the head are these lawmakers? how are they supposed to enforce what someone does with their own body in their own home?

Honestly they could make you take chemical castration pills at an assigned time under supervision from a court-appointed doctor. Can't fap if you can't get hard.

>>all moderators are in the open, in constant contact with the users, and allowed to be criticized
Indeed. That's how you get a shadowban in an instant.

this, desu senpai

>Cred Forums has true anonymity

k, identify me then

I'll wait

we are more than 9000
venezuela needs your help!!!!

Fucking this.

Reddit:
>Active censorship taking place, casual google reveals mod's agenda
>Any position that doesn't sit with the hivemind is quickly hidden via downvotes
>Everything you say is tied to an account, and that is used often as a lens to prejudice your replies
>You're left with an echo chamber and no constructive discussion

Cred Forums:
>Very little censorship, shitposting is rampant as a result
>Everyone has an equal voice
>Nothing you say is attached to you, unless you make a conscious effort, and this is usually frowned upon
>Result: Some constructive conversation with raw opinions, lots of shit flinging and meme spam

Cred Forums isn't perfect, but I'll take the meme cacophony over a literal echo chamber circle jerk. Reddit is useful for small, interest based subs, however.

>very little censorship
Lol no.

explain yourself retard

Bringing up gamergate on ANY board is an automatic 3 day ban

So what things are censored?

Non anime threads either get pruned or the op image gets removed, even when on topic and sfw.

Check the catalog, you'll find a bunch of threads with no images in the op because they were censored.

Hilarious because posting a black girl in your op will get you banned but posting a white or asian will only get your thread deleted or the op image removed.

for example.

You seem to be confusing rules and standards with censorship.

That's images. You're not allowed to post gore either, is that censorship?

You're allowed to SAY whatever the fuck you want, you dumb nigger. The mods are fucking retarded assholes but they aren't as dumb as you.

that's coz Cred Forums is not /an/
kys

>Non anime threads
you are aware that this is an anime site, right?

>besides reddir
voat is the gay brother of /r/
>Vpn
Even tor is allowed
>Mods
Needs more transperancy

Gb2/pol/

That's the point jackass, that while this is an anime imageboard, non-anime threads are allowed alongside anime threads but mods will fuck with non-anime threads

see you in 3 days

gb2plebbit. I hear that site's a safe space you betafag. or just kys.

>open source

i heard the source code is fucking uselesss and undocumented, so its shit... you take more time triying to understand the code than making your own from scratch

>all moderators are in the open, in constant contact with the users, and allowed to be criticized

top kek. the mods on there are the failed trolls from usenet.

I am posting in this thread, presuming it is one about the board moderation.

First and foremost, OP, open source is not the same as free software.

While philosophically, free software is often safer because of its open-ness, opsec is key. You don't want anyone to know your secrets? Don't tell them your secrets. It's precisely why we have the #Developer tag.

The site's API and native extension are available on GitHub.

>Even tor is allowed
Obviously it's easy to make this claim when you are posting from an account that has every post tied to you. In addition, keeping track of every IP you've accessed your account and posted from. I can respect taking the anonymous route a bit further with Tor, since posts are by default Anonymous on Cred Forums, but since you have no account, it's tough to differentiate you from a spammer or a pedophile, which is what the vast majority of Tor use is geared for.

>mods need more transparency
Got your transparency right here, nigga. This is a public link. This even started when moot was running things:
Cred Forums.org/bans

you just described literally 99% of open source code

>upboat circlejerk
It doesn't matter how high of a quality the shit is, it is still a fundamentally flawed shit.

>Got your transparency right here, nigga. This is a public link. This even started when moot was running things:
it only shows a small minority of bans.

Actually I find a futaba imageboard to be more easy navigatable than reddit and especially forums. Quote links work surprisingly well.

Default futaba doesn't have post previews, reply map and (You)'s. It doesn't even have autoupdating.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA... fucking TOP KEK!!! HAHAHAHAAHAHA

You're a fucking shithead.

Reddit's a TOTAL censorship SHITHOLE! Mods ban ppl ALL THE FUCKING TIME for innocuous reasons. They also HEAVILY censor pretty much EVERYTHING. Just go into one of the political subplebbits to see how long you'll last without a ban if your opinion does not follow the majority.

Go read /r/subredditcancer/ to see how much censorship goes on.

Site's also run by a total fucking c-u-c-k! youtube.com/watch?v=2i1WJCORQjU

Cred Forums removes topics that are off-topic. They also remove images that are off-topic. If you're gonna post a semi-naked chick on a sfw board just so your thread gets replies, you fucking deserve a ban.

In shot, go fucking drink some bleach you fucking worthless piece of shit.

>closed source
Cred Forums source is closed because probably is a mess. There was a leak from its early days and damn it was shit. Certainly moot did a good job for his age, but it was still shit.
>bans all VPN
Also because it is an user board and bans happen per IP, they also ban VPNs as it will make bans irrelevant (not that they aren't already) though they should allow them with pass.

True that. What I meant is as implemented by Cred Forums including Appchan X.

stop shilling that shitty extension. Try using violentmonkey, install Cred Forums-x and stylechan for ricing.

werks for me :^)
>extension
problems only Chrome users have

appchan-x hasn't been updated in 7 months
>zixaphir.github.io/appchan-x/
> Looking for a working, maintained version of Cred Forums X?

the guy that made it even recommends ccd0's Cred Forums-x over it

>not the Dollchan extension

"i disagree" is a shitty comment and would receive flak on Cred Forums as well, at least back up your statement with an argument

This, highly. Unless you have an argument for your point of view, you will be laughed at.

>Reddit is eye cancer (no dark theme)
>more about popularity than content
>VPNs are pointless when you have to use an account anyway
>Moderation is even worse on reddit apparently

Now fuck off.

faggot tripfag.

Bootybothered already.

There are mods who censor and mods who don't, it depends on the subreddit you go on. There have also been admins (Chairwomyn Pao) that censor, but site-wide censorship has been toned down over the last year, but they'll still ban subs and users who directly break their rules. Obviously, censorship by subreddit has been fluctuating due to sub A's increasing need for a safe space and sub B's increasing need for uninterrupted discussion in response to sub A's actions.

What are the mods banning those people for, though? What are the stated rules of the subreddit? These are all important factors as to why someone is banned from a particular sub. (ex. /r/The_Donald banning Clinton supporters and /r/HillaryClinton banning Trump supporters)
A subreddit may have explicitly stated rules and reserve the ability to ban those who break those rules, no matter how meaningless the rules are. Since the community makes these subreddits, the sub creators may govern their community how they please, as long as it doesn't break Reddit rules, local law, or their own rules. If mods don't adhere to their own rules, call them out and either wait for the mod(s) to be removed or set up a competing sub.

Majority bias and super PAC astroturfing are known on places like /r/Politics, and other candidate/ideology focused subs will, predictably, have biases. Try posting in a politically neutral subreddit, they exist but you'll have to search for them.

When browsing a sub that focuses exclusively on subreddit censorship, it's easier to view the problem as larger than it actually is.

(Don't have time to watch the video)

Agreed, entirely off-topic posts and replies and barely sfw material on blue boards shouldn't be allowed. The correlation to Reddit censorship is?

Good goy.

No, it's censorship against 3dpd.

last time I checked, admins still shadownban people. that's the ultimate BETA move you stupid retard. they ban you so no one can read your posts yet you don't notice a thing. that's like the biggest slime move in any website moderation.

and that's the site you're promoting and defending.

I NEVER got banned on Cred Forums for saying something that ppl in the thread didn't agree to. yet on plebbit, that's the norm. and over there, a handful of admins and mods control everything.

just fucking go away, or even better, kys.

I'd agree, but

All mods are global, dumbass

>any faggot can make a subreddit and powertrip (practically happens on all small subreddits)

>all major subreddits are ran by a circlejerk of inner SJW mods who control what goes on the front page and snip shit they don't like off the front page

>whole site is actually ran by the same kind of team of mods as Cred Forums in the shadows which control content on large subreddits and the front page stuff

>search engine is the most broken piece of dogshit that has never worked properly for specific tasks

>Cred Forums catalog works perfectly with enough boards to cater to basically every conceivable need at this point all which can be found in a few simple clicks

>9000

mods hang out on different boards dumbass

Reddits dark theme is available inside the RES extension. Reddit doesn't do dark themes themselves because they gave subreddits Myspace-level CSS privileges instead of keeping it Facebook-style (mandating all the subreddits have the same CSS).

Pao was actually FOR free speech, she was just used as an easy target by Reddit because they knew their userbase hated that woman. She didn't want censorship, but no one cares now that the hate train has left the station.

>last time I checked, admins still shadownban people. that's the ultimate BETA move you stupid retard. they ban you so no one can read your posts yet you don't notice a thing. that's like the biggest slime move in any website moderation.
How is shadow banning a "beta move"? Besides, shadow banning has lately been reformed to be used on spam, bots, and trolling. There are /r/Announcements posts detailing the changes of how admins can use shadowbanning in order to prevent corrupt admins.

>and that's the site you're promoting and defending.
Not promoting, and only defending because your points are short-sighted and you're not taking a minute to fully understand why what is what.

>I NEVER got banned on Cred Forums for saying something that ppl in the thread didn't agree to. yet on plebbit, that's the norm. and over there, a handful of admins and mods control everything.
Ah, unverifiable anecdotal evidence. Gotta love it.
It may look like the norm because of /r/subredditcancer filtering out situations that don't fit with the hive mind (ironically) and I bet that your anecdotal evidence stems from your experience with default subs.

>just fucking go away, or even better, kys.
Poetic how you praise Cred Forums as the best place for a neutral playing field for discussion, then tell someone to go away for their non-hivemind opinion... on Cred Forums.
Someday you'll get that gold medal in Olympic Mental Gymnastics, I believe in you.

>How is shadow banning a "beta move"? Besides, shadow banning has lately been reformed to be used on spam, bots, and trolling. There are /r/Announcements posts detailing the changes of how admins can use shadowbanning in order to prevent corrupt admins.
it's a beta move, you fucking retard, because it's passive-aggressive and doesn't inform the person on the other end that they've been banned and WHY they've been banned.

Are you really that fuckign stupid or are you trolling me?

I'm done arguing with you. Hope you get banned from here and you go back to your safe space.

anonymous >>>>>> user1

>moderators are mysterious
lel did you come from x/ or just shitposting? Both sites just ensure that illegal activity/content can be traced.

Shadowbanning has been changed specifically for blocking those who spam or troll to keep them from switching to another account and continuing the trolling and spamming. I do agree that shadowbanning shouldn't be used in broad cases, as it was before, but certain situations are nowadays dealt with by suspending the user's account and notifying them about said suspension as a form of transparency.

Again though, you want me to censor myself/be censored. Your hypocrisy is profound.

Have you been on k? They worship oppenheimer even though he been proved wrong many many times and circlejerk over antman, an autists who said "i torture frogs lol"

Literally the only reasons Cred Forums doesn't do shadowbans is because it's technically impossible with the current software.