How do I simply compile a C program? I don't want gui shit...

How do I simply compile a C program? I don't want gui shit, it's supposed to be a simple filter for my beginning js code, until I can get into real programming. For years I've been wondering how to do this. The code I'm trying to run is here github.com/douglascrockford/JSMin/blob/master/jsmin.c

I've compiled it, but I can't run it.

Other urls found in this thread:

tldp.org/HOWTO/Bash-Prog-Intro-HOWTO-3.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gcc op.c -o faggot
Wow so fucking hard.

>gcc
No retard, the command is cc. What if someone has clang on his computer?

>unironically using clang for anything other than YCM

make jsmin
./jsmin

The problem with that is I simply can't pass the arguements I need. If you read the readme, it's supposed to clean up the code using "jsmin youfaggot.js " It's not accepting arguements.

>The Software shall be used for Good, not Evil.
The fuck?

What's wrong with clang?

lmao, probably a starwars fan, idk.

Thanks guys, I got it working. There is no comment ability afaik, it doesn't work. Imbicle.

In case you were interested, the command was "./jsmin output.js"

>knows fuck-all about $PATH
>can't pass simple i/o redirection
>pajeetscript shit that belongs in the loo
Found the retard.

I think you misinterpreted what the < and > are for

tldp.org/HOWTO/Bash-Prog-Intro-HOWTO-3.html

Then you pass your comments as additional arguments, i.e. ./jsmin output.js "My comment"

Like the JSON license. Interesting aside: that clause makes the software non-free

wat is 3PAT?
wat is i/p rediretion?
wat is pajeet?

How does not being used for Evil make it non-free?

Thank you, I will check this out now.

>Crockford's license is intended to mock potential users of his software and has caused problems for some open source projects who mistook the license for an open source variant of the MIT license

wtf i hate json now

>No retard, the command is cc. What if someone has clang on his computer?
Pic very much related

>wat is 3PAT?
>wat is i/p rediretion?

>wat is pajeet?
$ lookin

>How does not being used for Evil make it non-free?
It's a restriction on use, which is incompatible with freedom 0, the freedom to run the program for any purpose. If you're not free to use the program for whatever you want, including things that the copyright holder might decide are evil, then it's not free software.

Also in the category of technically non-free is minified JavaScript, which this program produces. Since the minified form isn't the preferred form for editing, it isn't the source code.

Anyway,
cc -o jsmin jsmin.c
./jsmin argument_1 argument_2 < input.js > output.js

>How do I simply compile a C program?
actually means
>How do I run a program and pass arguments?

Glad you figured it out OP, you have bright things ahead of you.

Question then. I was planning to release a project I was working on, which will be open source, and part of my portfolio. I plan to have both versions, the minified and the regular AS source code, and then I will have the minified version when people wish to access the web site. Is this still non free?

Hahaha, thanks!

Fortunately I don't profess to know it all, that would be silly, but I guess some people do! What do you think friend?

You basically have to give people the source if they ask for it. So if you put a comment in the minified JavaScript with a link to where people can find the original JavaScript (on your website or github or whatever) then you should be good.

I think you're retarded.

Nothing, but so many retards treat it like a golden calf that must replace gcc everywhere, that it gets a bad rap as a fanboi only compiler.

Last I checked it still didn't beat gcc in half the categories for compiled code performance, but it's getting better. Also, it caused the gcc devs to get off their collective assess and make gcc better, so it's a win win.