So is Safari 10 with blockers actually legitimately better than ublock origin now?

So is Safari 10 with blockers actually legitimately better than ublock origin now?
Did Apple do it again?

Nope. They are efficient and light and resources, but they offer almost nothing in terms of customization and granularity.

Pretty much like Apple stuff in general.

Some people will love it, some will hate it.

>They are efficient and light and resources
So basically all non-autists need for adblocking?

Yeah they did

It was better even when it was just ios

There's a few with customization options

quote from this nigga I copied the gif from
Unlike uBlock and other standard JS-based adblocking plugins, Safari content blockers aren't horrendously laggy and they don't send your usage info back to the plugin vendor.

>There's no penalty for running additional content blockers. Safari runs great even with all those extensions enabled. I enable them all just to make sure I'm blocking as much as I can.

The content blockers provide a JSON object defining the URL patterns of resources that should be blocked, these are then 'compiled' in to an more compact and efficient for that Safari reads from before making requests.

Basically trading in the slow JS based approach for native one first party one. This means content blocker extensions simply have to provide a good block list.

>Proprietary software
YAWWWWN. Next, please!

Added upside, content blockers cannot insert ads of their own into pages, and cannot view your browsing. Which is great if you care about privacy.

And yet it seems to be a more functional, private, and stable browser than most open source alternatives.

yeah, keep on using chrome flavors brah.

>Proprietary software
>Secure
>Private
YAWWWWN. Next please!
>Google software
YAWWWWN. Next please!

Well meme'd.

Safari also has support for wide colour, something I haven't heard any other browser supporting.

Safari also lets you close tabs on other devices, or open that tab on your current device. Great when you forgot to close a tab or want something from another device.

bump. Where are those firefox cucks when you need a discussion

They can't even begin to compete with based gorhill.

but it seems it can. I just installed all the shit in the OP picture and now I don't even get those pleas to turn off my adblock anymore since it doesn't send any data back.

but chrome and firefox can't use safari's content blocker api, that a lot of ad blockers on safari use now.

Fuck off Will

it's good for what it is but it doesn't work on 32bit devices

>installing 9 adblockers

Hosts file stays winning

>nine pieces of software doing what ublock origin does
Nope.

Read

Apple is winning again...

So literally what a hosts file does, except limited to just Safari? Wow, I'm so impressed!

Yeah, because blocking things at a system level can cause OS features to stop working this just breaks a web page. It is far safer for the average user.

What's the best content blocker that supports whitelisting?

1Blocker is pretty good.

>So basically all non-autists need for adblocking?
>adblock """killer""" crap etc. sprouts left and right
>can't add the anti-adblock killer list because apple
you tell me

>but it seems it can. I just installed all the shit in the OP picture and now I don't even get those pleas to turn off my adblock anymore since it doesn't send any data back.

>i don't even get those please to turn off my adblock
wow, uBlock sure is hard to use :^)
>sends data back to the developer
it doesn't though

requestpolicy
uMatrix if you want more control(but harder to use as well)

forgot picture

but those js are way slower though? That's the whole point isn't it?

not hard to use, just slower

On top of that Safari uses less resources than any other major browser on OSX

>way slower
lol, uBlock is quite fast, altough safari might be faster.

so uhhh..thread closed then?
Apple wins
>laughingstevewithbraces.jpg

No. A hosts file can only block domains.
Safari content blockers support more complex rules like the ones you'll find in uBlock Origin, ABP etc.

It's just that most content blockers out there are currently designed with an "on/off" approach, leaving little for the end-user to customize.
Which I suppose is what 99% of people actually want…

I'll be sticking with uBlock Origin + uMatrix personally though.

You're retarded. It's like saying you should only ever use one filter list in uBlock Origin.