Zen is STILL using PGA

>Zen is STILL using PGA
lmao JUST fuck my shit up

and what exactly is wrong with that

means it's not fast enough that it starts testing the limits of its connectors

>Kaby Lake still has locked CPUs
lmao JUST fuck my shit up

maybe they're fast enough to not need overclocking...

So why are there unlocked models of the same chip that cost more?

for enthusiasts

But you just said they don't need to overclock

The boost clocks are above 4.0ghz even for Non K CPUs.
The difference between 4.0 and say 4.6ghz is almost nonexistent

actually the difference is precisely 0.6 ghz u niggerfaggot

He said above 4GHz. So maybe boost clocks are actually 5GHz which is 0.4GHz faster than 4.6GHz.

they don't

but ppl like to so it

Ur bait is bad.

Of course they don't need to. But why not let them?

600 megahertz u mean

An LGA isn't inherently faster than a PGA, it all makes the same contact in the end

LGA MASTER RACE

dirty pga peasants

So long as i can get an 8core at a TDP under say, 75w

>being so much of a neanderthal to bend your CPU's pins

You wont
AMD said it has the "same" power efficiency despite the performance increases
expect a 200w housefire

>better performance
>same efficiency
Are you fucking retarded?

>The boost clocks are above 4.0ghz even for Non K CPUs

No they aren't. The highest non-K boost clock is exactly 4GHz on the i7 6700, and that's only for a single core. It's 3.7GHz when using all four.

> LGA/PGA mattering whatsoever

for shame, OP.

so I herd AMD CPU's have less pins :^(
is this the case?
does it metter at all?

There is literally nothing wrong with that.

Because those are models that came out the best from the fab process. They have the least defects and the least variations so they'll meet the timing verification at the highest frequencies and/or at lower voltages.

Overclocking is old school yo. The new cool thing on the block is to under supply the voltage while still maintaining performance.

Then why charge more for it? Don't worry, I'll wait for you to skim through your shill handbook for a reply.

>so I herd AMD CPU's have less pins :^(

Intel = 1156 pins
AMD = 1331 pins

Yer retarded

Because there competitor is doing it and it means more profit margin for them? What a stupid question.

>Why charge more for the higher quality chip.

Brah. Please.

Clearly PGA is much better than LGA. Bent pins on CPU are much easier to fix than bent pins on mobo.

But motherboard is cheaper replace

>Mobo broke down for some reason
>send it in for RMA
>they send it to asus without asking me and tell me after a month that i bend the pins and that's why it doesn't work
>receive mobo with now bend pins

fucking LGA fucking shit up
it was an expensive mobo too the fucking faggots

>replace it instead of fix it

A true american hero. Keep those shekels pumping through the globalist economy, goyim!

>Replace motherboard
>bend pins back into place for a few minutes

It's not. Anyway, if you have fine enough tools you can bend the lga pins with some care, but it's not idiot proof or a sure fix.

Anyway, I hope someone who's spending that much money on a self build, isn't clumsy enough to drop a cpu or fumble the socket, other parts of assemble a computer are often harder and require some finesse.

Yeah right, the thing is you need to have less ICQ to bend CPU pins than mobo pins. And yeah, CPU pins are copper/golden, they are easily unbent if something is wrong. Also you can actually solder a broken pin if smth gone wrong.

Bending a pin back is free.

>No Equivalent

I have fixed lga 1150 socket once, pretty damn hard work. Haven't unbent them super fine, the PC started and posted though I didn't give a damn.

>people arguing over fucking contacts

Who gives a shit where the pins are

I can't believe I got so many people with this low level bait.

haha you were really funny user you acted like a retard but it turns out you weren't actually a retard you were just pretending to be one! xD

>le b8 fag d:^)

What are the odds of Zen not being total shit? Say it having IPC of Sandy Bridge at least. Sadly I am skeptical they will achieve even that despite AMD's claims. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Well think of it this way.
When has AMD ever lived up to their overhyping?

Never. But I'm not even talking about living up the hype. I mean just living up to not being complete shit.

Hey, they said it'll be better than excavator. Probably still worse than an i3 though.

Good bait OP

>I can't believe I got so many people with this low level bait.

AMD is never "complete" shit, there's always that 1 super obscure task nobody does that AMD is supposedly better at, like rendering in the very few applications that use all 8 cores on the Bulldozer CPUs, or "muh Async!!!" for their GPUs.