Any unifags here...

Any unifags here? Starting soon and wondering if this kind of set up is often allowed in lectures; although I doubt most normies would even think about it. But why buy a chromebook or memepad if you're only use it to take notes, if a smartphone and a cheap bluetooth keyboard can do the job? I'm just worried most teachers would not allow it because they hate students playing with smartphones

i should hope a university teacher has the common sense to recognize some dorklord busting out a bt keyboard in front of his phone is planning to take notes and not fuck around on instagram. whether it can really replace a laptop i couldn't say. i'd go for a realass laptop, personally

>Normies

Ok we get it
You don't have sex and you've never felt up a girl before.
Stop parading it around and go back to your containment board.
You're not in good company.

I've seen both of these in Uni, pretty normal.
Best set up is iPad Pro with pencil, desu

Trust me, pen & paper is much more convenient than any electronic device (unless it has a Wacom or some other kind of good digitizer). I've tried.

That depends on the teacher, ask to them

>typing is faster
>reading is easier
>editing is possible
>everything stored in a single place, and copies easy to make

>56798756
>typing is faster
I write faster than I read
>reading is easier
Arguable, I understand my fast handwriting with a lot of ease
>editing is possible
Editing makes you lose time in the lecture, which makes the note taking process slower
>everything stored in a single place, and copies easy to make
Only good argument, but only having my notes in my notebook is okay for me personally

Meant to quote Also
>I write faster than I type*

Just do it.

>You don't have sex and you've never felt up a girl before
this is an achievement how?

i mean hiring a prostitute is cheaper than a shitty kingston ssd

>hate students playing with smartphones
Why should you give a shit? It's not pre-school as long as it's in silent mode just do whatever the fuck you want.

Go back to the programming thread you crossdressing Maki faggot.

>Starting soon
>wondering if this kind of set up is often allowed in lectures

Aww, this is adorable.

No, it's fine user. Uni is not like high school where you have to ask to go to the bathroom or whatever.

Most professors won't care even if you fuck around on your phone during a lecture. They're not responsible for you, and they don't give a shit if you fail the class.

Even if you do take some soft subjects and find a professor with a personal bug up their ass about phones, they're reasonable human beings and will allow that if they allow laptops.

Paid sex doesn't count.

>unifag here
Just use paper.

That's a pretty normal setup in my uni. Ironically teachers hate laptops but find googling something on your smartphone acceptable.
>If you pull out a laptop you are more committed to use it in class compared to a smaller,lighter tablet/phone
There's this indian weeb in my class who has a sticker bombed shield tablet and types on a HHKB Type S. So jelly.

Use pen and paper

this desu, it jsut werks

You'd be surprised. Teachers stop the class to guilt you to put your phone away in a lecture of 500 people. Tech schools are funny bec no one is alpha enough to talk back and make the teacher look bad for stopping the class.

>guilt
Tell them to fuck off and go back to doing what you're paying them to do.

That's not true, you can get an SSD under $100 easily

>I'm just worried most teachers would not allow it because they hate students playing with smartphones
the don't give a shit about what you do in lectures as long as you don't disturb them.

the screens are distracting you colossal faggot. also they never put their phones on silent

>The screens are distracting
Nobody cares, you're not 12 faggot.

>have a phone with competent auto brightness
>set quiet hours based on your schedule
Do people really not use their phone like literal smartphones??

No, normies don't have a fucking clue how to use anything. Tbh only people with crippling autism should be allowed into STEM

Implying you aren't paying normie girls in dinner and gifts before sex

$400 keyboard holy shit. He prob also has some artisan keycaps with that kind of money.
Nothing against him since that kind of setup is the same price as a laptop.

Writing notes by hand increases retention. Just use a pen and paper.

What's that controller?

Those have nothing to do with sex, dumb sperg.

it's Uni.

most professors don't care about you having things out at all.

Because you will hate yourself typing on a damn tiny screen like that especially if you weren't holding it up to your face like you normally would with a phone.

Just buy a thinkpad and fuck off.

>typing is faster
Try typing out calculus and differential equations notes and problems.

8bitdo zero

I just use pen and paper and my phone or netbook for pdf's and all that shit.

>taking notes
>showing up to class

NIGGA

>Doing problems = Notes
kek. That's essentially what homework is.
You need a better professor if all they do is vomit problems from the book at you for a lecture. All my notes in math classes are about the concepts and rules and how they are derived.

Even so, you can still draw out the problems with any touchscreen/drawing tablet.

Depends on the professor desu. Had an econ prof who treated the class like middle school and would take students' phones away if he caught them texting during a lecture and made kids who came stand in the corner for a few minutes. My pol sci and engineering profs are usually more chill and don't flip out over seeing phones but they prefer if you at least make an effort to look like you're paying attention. Big lecture halls are not easily policed so students just have their phones out all the time.

Jesus. Well... At least he's taking notes. It's something. Better than the dipshits in my lectures who just play rocket league all the time and end up getting fucked on exams.

> (OP)
>>Normies
>Ok we get it
>You don't have sex and you've never felt up a girl before.
>Stop parading it around and go back to your containment board.
>You're not in good company.

> on Cred Forums
> see normie telling fellow sperg to get out

FUCKING NORMIE GET OUT YOU DON'T BELONG HERE

>GET OUT YOU DON'T BELONG HERE
says the frogposter

shut up kunt

>not bringing your full-size RGB mechanical keyboard with Cherry blues and a siiiick animated display preset to take notes with
literally lmaoing @ your life

kill yourselfe

This.

And for OP: most uni professors don't give a shit as long as you are not disturbing the lecture. They don't care if you pass or fail, they don't care as uni is not highschool/whatever where the teacher holds your hand.

This.
I've come across two kinds of lecturers. The ones that give a shit (mostly oldfags or when it is down to sensitive topics where they want your full attention) which are in a minority. and the ones that dont.

However, I advice you to take notes pen and paper style like user said. You can merge it with digital notes later on which gives you another opportunity to go through the stuff.

The "containment board" is this entire site

Lmao, I had this similar setup 10 years ago before the iPhone ever came out. I used a Palm Pilot and the infrared keyboard that came with it to do word processing on the go.

Pic related is what my setup looked like except the Palm was upright. Good times.

Taking notes is difficult. My advice would be to only take notes if the exams are based on the lectures and the PowerPoints are lacking. Otherwise you should just pay attention in class and then study from the book instead of your shitty notes.

This entirely.

ask your professor dumbass

>t. never been laid in the adult world

Highschool romance doesn't count.

Come back when you've experienced "love" for people aged 25 or higher. I've known plenty of guys who wonder why they stopped being able to get their dicks wet after they graduated. It wasn't because they were poor and uninteresting, no, not at all. Money doesn't matter dude, it's just like in study hall, all about personality!

I like to use a tablet pc (like surface pro) that way I can still handwrite notes but I can also google shit or type or put pictures directly in my notes. Also, being able to pull up the text book without having to carry it is pretty cool.

For anything with math involved, handwritten shit is best.

Back then when I was in Uni (2003-2007), we were just using pen and paper

what the fuck happened?

>when you've experienced "love" for people aged 25 or higher

>when you've accepted cuckoldry and a worn out slut who has fucked a 100 chads that now ignore her

whew lad

>he thinks pure love was ever real

Women are only pure if the entire village joins you in beating them for being anything but. Welcome to the real world. Your only self worth comes from being better at keeping a woman around than the last guy that tried.

>Your only self worth comes from being better at keeping a woman around than the last guy that tried.

whew lad

True. And after a certain point, women will take anything, and it stops counting again.

As long as the phone(?)'s not buzzing and shit, it should be fine.

I don't know what you're asking about with "memepad" (iPad? something else?), but a laptop seems preferred for multitasking (which you can't really get with smartphones and is kind of painful even with tablets).

That being said, I don't really think taking notes with a laptop or other electronic device is a great idea unless you have a disability or something. Your lecturer isn't that much faster at speaking than you are at writing shorthand notes, and something about physically writing down notes (maybe the on-the-fly processing to summarize content? Or just the memory of physically writing? I'm not sure) seems to help retention more than typing it out.

As others have said, handwritten charts, graphs, etc... are about a thousand times easier to freehand than they are to code or digitally generate some other way. At some point you should be asking yourself whether you'd be better off just being actively engaged in the class and trusting that slides or other lecture notes will be made available later (usually they need to do this for people with accessibility issues, so it's not like you're asking them to move mountains).

Try getting by with a pen(cil) and paper. If you're really suffering, try and figure out why; I suspect a tiny screen won't really solve more problems than it introduces, but if you reflect on it and still decide it's for you, I doubt very much that any professor will actually give you shit for it (although you can ask in advance, and instructors tend to like when you do the polite thing and ask permission rather than (implicitly) ask for forgiveness).

The only exception would be instructors who ban electronic devices. So if this device would only be used in lectures and some of your classes ban all electronics, then you've wasted your money. Another reason a laptop (which you'll have anyway) is a better choice, if you need to go digital.

humanities are great, aren't they?

Anything is allowed it's uni it's questionable if the prof will even acknowledge your existence in first year. Literally no one significant will care.

>no one significant will care.
what are you even trying to say with this?

In my experience university professors are way more relaxed about phones than highschool teachers. They recognise that it's possible to learn while multitasking and it's not their job to baby students, so you'll probably be fine with a phone.

He's suggesting that the kinds of professors who care are also probably a little silly/power hungry/antiquated and make up a minority of the faculty.

Can vouch for the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil combo

>people play games or browse fb during lectures
>they still do better than me despite me spending tons of time going to lectures and reading
I cry

what sort of courses are you taking? If there's any maths involved, goo luck writing LaTeX at a speed comparable to just using a pen and paper

are you saying you can not draw diagrams in tikz faster than the lecturer on the board?

are you some kind of scrub?

For me
I do everything else with computer except maths and physics

If you're going to use a cellphone on the lectures, might as well just take pictures of the blackboard.

If you're doing anything with math, then it's a fucking terrible idea, there's no way in hell you'll be able to keep up with the math while using a keyboard, so you'd want a normal notebook or a laptop/tablet with a pen.

Most professors that I've met don't really care how you take notes, if you are taking them at all, as long as you're not disturbing the class.

if you play on your phone, then i hate you too.

>sex isn't sex
You're almost as bad as the "computers aren't technology" guy.

tried KB + smartphone and well, it worked but was kinda goofy. wouldn't recommend unless you've got at least a 5.5" phones or one of those phablet things

bluetooth KB + iPad/tablet on the other hand is downright decent and ridiculously lightweight

My writing speed is a small fraction of my typing speed, and I doubt that's uncommon

yep, apple pencil + 9.7" iPad is pretty great for cases where keyboards don't work. 12.9" model I think might be cumbersome though

It's a pretty meh setup, since you have relatively crappy application support and have to awkwardly use the screen at random times. IMHO not worth it.

Okay then, how fast can you type out that list of formulas for physics? If you're using a laptop to take notes in major classes your major is worthless.

What the fuck kind of retarded uni do you go to?

>MMBN on keyboard
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Not sure why it matters what the teacher thinks. It isn't their responsibility to babysit you if you want to dick around on the web.

If it's not specified in the syllabus it literally doesn't matter

No one will care; as long as the professor has nothing in his syllabus against the use of laptops in the lecture then it won't matter, just don't be loud.

>pen and paper is better than typing
>not using a motherfucking ThinkPad tablet PC for the best of both worlds

SO THIS IS HOW YOU USE THIS FUCKING KEYBOARD CASE? Got one free, never got how the fucking it worked, thanks.

>Tech schools
So teacher won't let you use the laptop in say a programming class or any other class you need to use specialized software?

I find that the material sticks more to you if you write it in pen and paper and write it in your own words

like, um, it's 2016

hellooooo?

I was playing it with the gamepad right next to it.

They can tell you to gtfo of you're distracting them

A cheap ass uni that uses a 4 year old "review" from buzzfeed to attract more retards with money to burn.
In some CS classes they require you to have a laptop but most of the time they don't care. Business courses are cool with it too. Any other non lab course they actively discourage it

>allowed in lectures
>uni
>allowed
So long as don't interrupt the lecture, nobody at uni would notice if you stop breathing.

writing with keyboard is for fucking normies dude.
Pens and paper are based

pic retailed