Microsoft can disable your pirated games and illegal hardware

Microsoft’s updated End User Licence Agreement terms and conditions let it disable any counterfeit software or hardware and, if you’re running a Windows 10 computer, you’ve just agreed to them.

>Section 7b – or “Updates to the Services or Software, and Changes to These Terms” – of Microsoft’s Services EULA stipulates that it “may automatically check your version of the software and download software update or configuration changes, including those that prevent you from accessing the Services, playing counterfeit games, or using unauthorised hardware peripheral devices.”

Video-game piracy, or “counterfeit games” as Microsoft puts it, has been a big issue in PC gaming for a long time. Many developers have sought to circumvent it by hard-coding impossible odds into their games, which are only solved by having a purchased activation code on your computer. The same issue is also now becoming prevalent on Android and jailbroken iOS devices. However, under Microsoft’s new Services agreement, Windows 10 Mobile would be able to combat any pirated software a user loads onto their phone – potentially making it an attractive prospect for indie developers scared of having their work stolen.

alphr.com/microsoft/microsoft-windows-10/1001360/microsoft-can-disable-your-pirated-games-and-illegal-hardware

C U C K E D
A G A I N,
W I N C U C K S

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement/
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stop pirating games and support developers instead.

>Paying for gay men
lmao

Don't ever make a "Give it back, Tyrone" joke in a locked iPhone thread (again).

>It's an iBabby
more lmao

>illegal hardware

You forgot to add

>therefore, switch to an OS that doesn't even have games in the first place

at the end of your shitpost.

> gaymen on pc
You deserve all this shit

This apply to win 7?

>or using unauthorised hardware peripheral devices.

And who the fuck determines this? If I'm developing a standalone piece of hardware, I have to get approval and whitelisted? That's horse shit.

verily this

That graph is as informative as Fox News

>games

>can
BUT DO THEY??
I haven't seen anything suggesting that they actually do.

My legit Windows 10 didn't seem to give a fuck when I unzipped Microsoft Toolkit.exe on it for use in a VM. I even tried running it to see if it would detect and block my blatant use of piracy tools.

>And who the fuck determines this?
Microsoft, obviously

> disable any counterfeit software or hardware
Limited to their tech only, not other company tech. Like windows store apps, software/games from store and hardware design via explicit agreement between MS and other company, ex. Signature PC / Laptop, VR, Controller, etc2..

we've known about this for a long time OP

So if you want to design, lets say, a dragon dildo that also works as a joystick for any of the windows store games/programs, then you need to sucks pajeet dick so it's whitelisted just to test it?
kek

What even... What even is this magic hardware? And hoe do I get some?

>if you’re running a Windows 10 computer
Whoa, there, cowboy.

This

and they can do whatever they want since all you cucks let win10 to grab you by your balls

Have you even read it, idiot? It doesn't say any of that:

microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement/

> linux user
> caring about winblows
kys

If this will happen to me, but I doubt it, I'll wipe everything and install Arch Linux and Windows 8.1.

i literally cant turn off windows defender.if i go to settings and turn it off it just turns back on immediately as i close the window.the only way to really disable it is to change some registry and shit.thank you windows10

As opposed to you, I either pay for the software I use, or use a free alternative.

>windows 10
kek, just installed 8.1 again and with the new drivers for this piece of shit motherboard it finally works pretty decently

Just how well have they managed to secure this "feature"?

I'd think someone out there would provide a fix for this. Personally, I don't see myself upgrading from windows 7 until this can be circumvented, even if that means not playing games anymore.

Why are you complaining?

If Windows implodes on itself, that means people might actually start supporting Linux

>Spending hours ricing Linux and shitposting about how great it is
I think video games are the superior hobby.

This only applies to Microsoft Services i.e the Windows Store and related Microsoft Products when using a Microsoft Account. Don't post pointless threads without research

>This is what a manchild believes

>screen that size
Now I see why that nigga needs glasses

> Article from Aug 2015
> Look ma I did it again!

Android has a global kill switch too

You don't really own that Phone

Never deleted any pirated stuff for me.
But it deleted a few programs without ever asking me.

>antimalwareservice.exe takes up all your HDD

>not installing elementary and windoze 7 pirate edition

This, and they already took advantage of it in Brazil if im not mistaken (deleted a bunch of apps remotely)

You really don't need a huge monitor for PC. Because you know, you sit right in front of it. I would say havin' a bigger PC monitor would damage your eyes more for being too close.

kek. I actually work for MS. Do you know that we know about every illegal os install. Do you know that if MS wanted too, we could disable every one of those machines. But we don't because it serves us more to have them than not have them.

Muh nuts be illegal hardware

KEK. Hey, names Jet and I work for the FBI. Do you know that if the FBI wanted too, we could shut Microsoft down and make your life a living hell. But we don't because it serves us more to have them than not have them.

How about XP installs? Didn't MS cut XP/Vista off?

we all knew this would happen.

soon you wont be able to buy blank harddrives without a windows instillation on them.

good.

better software for me.

They never will though. They don't even care if you pirate Windows.

More than 70% of windows users don't buy their paid software.
It's pretty logic they try to limit this. No?
It's like restaurants that don't accept people that can't afford their meals.
It's the mind of almost americans, cheating and lying are bad, that's why they educate their children with dummy heroes cartoons and fantasy tv show with sex and murders.

yes they do. I know someone who got arrested for it.

What did he brag about it on Facebook and explain to people how to pirate Windows?

Having a bigger monitor is pretty cool for work, movies and casual games (i prefer smaller screens for real games as it makes it easier to focus on everything that's happening).

>It's pretty logic they try to limit this. No?
But they actually don't. So we kinda don't care they can, and this thread is as useless as OP's life.

And you are following this thread, no? You are even less useful

Remember that there is more to Windows 10 than the traditional desktop. For example, the Xbox.

I think the counterfeit games and hardware is more for the Xbox console than PCs. It doesn't help that the terms of service isn't very clear about this.

the absurdity of it all user

>And who the fuck determines this?
not you unless it's free software

lol piratecucks BTFO
Based Microsoft is enforcing morality and the law, now criminals are getting triggered

Microcuck confirmed for SJW OS

>Based Microsoft is enforcing morality and the law
Except that they're not and probably never will. Of course Cred Forums will believe every rumour they hear.

Not him but the no games argument is not true anymore. Windows is the best os for gaming mostly due to most game developers are trained into developing for it with microsoft's closed APIs, so the simple process of porting a game that was developed for windows to any other platform will affect negatively the performance of the game. This with the fact that the marketshare is small compared to windows there's hardly an incentive at the moment to optimize for linux, making look as if the platform were worse for games than windows when in fact to flip the situation you'll need to change the idiosyncrasies on the industry itself.

The fact though is that the situation on linux is not nearly the same than two years ago and now those who prefer linux over windows now can play games on it, helping to break the vicious circle, but still there's a lot of things to do for linux to compete in the gaming side. I anyone wants for this to change i recommend to play the games you can on linux when possible and ask for linux ports.

I notice some people doesn't want's for this to happen but if that the case let me ask (not directed specifically to the person i'm replying): how are any of you benefited in a meaningful way with the current situation? because i consider that keeping the statu quo just to have a tool to win an argument on what OS is better is not a meaningful thing. how having less options and practically being locked to MS products benefits you?

Some links:
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos

Patience user, frog in warming water type deal. They can't move too quickly or people will freak out.

Slowly, all the tinfoil shit will start to come true. Bit by bit.

I buy games anyway. I work in the industry. I also purchase all of my audio software. Some of us have jobs.

>He purchased VLC
kek

MPC-HC my Google.

If that's true then how come my 4TB worth of pirated content is still present on my HDDs and I've been using Windows 10 since it's Technical Preview

>how having less options and practically being locked to MS products benefits you?

It is true that gaymes on Linux will mean a greater choice for most people, but that means drm crapware like steam gets to choke out any free competition too because cancerous companies like valve always follow the tech illiterate Cred Forumsindows babbies.

>He purchased MPC
kek

They are using your data to see what sites you get your torrents from.

Ayy lmao

Two things.
1. Never windows 10
2. Don't pirate games unless they're EA garbage

no one cares

> windows 10 auto updates to anniversary edition
> makes a mess of my interface
> installs a few applications and breaks the start menu
> games like AOE2 (pirated) are absent
> downgrade and force disable automatic updates

Never again, Microsoft.

> Do you know that if MS wanted too, we could disable every one of those machines

Then everyone would just go back down to XP/W7/W8.1 and lock their systems out of updates and monitoring to significantly reduce Microsoft data collection.

kekthefuckoutahere!!

>put videotape copy of tv show into VCR
***WARNING*** Unauthorized Copyrighted Content has been detected. Your device will now self-implode
>put mixtape into Walkman
***WARNING*** Unauthorized Copyrighted Content has been detected. The authorities have been contacted
>draw mickey mouse on your Etch A Sketch
***WARNING*** Unauthorized Copyrighted Content has been detected. Prepare your anus

The only parties that should be aware which programs or processes an individual's personal device(s) is running is the user and the device.

>2016
>getting cucked by your own appliances

>or using unauthorised hardware peripheral devices

What did he mean by this?

Not him but the no games argument is still true. Windows is the best OS for gaming mostly due to DirectX being better than garbage Khronos puts out, so the simple process of porting a game that was developed for console to Windows to won't affect negatively the performance of the game. This with the fact that the Linux marketshare is small compared to Windows due to garbage like OpenGL/OpenAL, unstable ABIs and horrible audio stack.

The fact though is that the situation on Linux is still the same as decade ago, it's unstable trash and now those who prefer Linux still have nogames, keeping the vicious circle, but still there's a lot of things to do for Linux to compete in the gaming side. You can beg like bunch of entitled chidren on Steam forums spamming epic "no tux = no bux"

I notice some people want Linux to happen but let me ask (not directed specifically to the person i'm replying): how are any of you benefited in a meaningful way with the Linux? Because I consider that software freedom to be meme of autistic unemployed neckbeards not contributing any meaningful way to technology.

>Implying CNN ad MS/CNBC fare any better

You thibk software freedom is a meme? You do realize that without software freedom, we're left with this shit

Also you're complainibg about the Linux audio stack shows how little you know. You've probably seen that chart where they try to make it look as tangled as possible and assumed "well I know everything now." I imagine you've never written a device driver for Linux or Windows, and I can tell you right now, developing for the former is far more pleasant.

>he still doesn't use 10 enterprise ltsb
How is this a technology board?

I'm jumping ship. Just downloaded ubuntu.

The frog's brain was removed in the experiment.

>using noobuntu
LOL
too stupid for a real OS like arch?

Not that user, but it kinda is a meme.

What if you can't use free software due to your job? And if you enjoy games, non-free software and hardware is par for the course. What if you attempted to use free software and realize that you cannot use as well as the non-free software that is often standard?

Fact is, a computer is supposed to make certain tasks easier. To use something like Linux, as crippled as it is to the standard computer user, is clearly an ideological choice rather than a technical one.

Linux is not restricted to desktop use, kid.

I don't know how I'm the first person to notice this but... The article is referring to Windows 10 Mobile. Like for phones.

no shit

>windows 10 is anti piracy
>hahaha nice one microshit, okay lets see what those fuckers give us again
>windows 10 activator
>pirate bay
>assassins creed unity
>play
>I dont even do something...
all seems alright

can't you decline it?

You need E5 for LTSB.

> inb4 you pay for that
> inb4 muh kmspico
Yeah good luck with your junkbuild.

Windows 7 doesn't have this problem.

this
MS is not going to intentionally fuck up their "if they steal, they should steal ours" philosophy

As much as he sounds fake and retarded, there is still some truth in his words

> my height when sucking tim cook's cock
> my normal height
> tim cook's height

>Stick it on my VM-dildo
>play shit games for a few minutes
>delete VM-dildo

That was unsatisfying.

Well user, did he?

>because it serves us more to have them than not have them
How so?

This is what I assumed, if Microsoft started sweeping for pirated copies of old games by defunct developers then shit would be REALLY fucked. Still pretty bad, though, only on Windows because muh gaymes (and CAD).

Wincucks BTFO