When your internet feels slower than normal and you look to see what's going on and your mom's online on her iphone...

>when your internet feels slower than normal and you look to see what's going on and your mom's online on her iphone apparently just looking at ads.

Is it normal for an iPhone to get this much ad traffic? Should I ask her if her phone is acting weird?

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/ndarville/10010916
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do you manage to track all those connections? What's the website/program?

Gateway

it's his router

just tomato firmware on my router
she's going to bed now anyway so my interest is waning

Some are facebook links like diply

Rest seem like adware.

/thread

Can you do ad blocking through tomato? You might just want to do that.

Doesn't she have LTE?

She probably wouldn't even notice if you blocked her mac.

if yo have a flashed router, you can put a custom hosts file to block cancer

Thought about it but we each have 2 GB per month LTE and she used 4 GB on the wifi last month, so that seems like it would affect her in her pocketbook which I don't want to do. I also don't want to limit her bandwidth or anything because she pays for the Internet.

I truly was just curious if that's how much ads an iPhone user actually gets served.

Can I see pictures of this "BedRig"

I thought AT&T and Verizon stopped charging for overages and just started throttling like Tmobile?

I dunno she pays that bill too lol

You need to be 18 or older to use this site.

she's probably playing some dumb facebook game. those things spawn ads like crazy

I'm 29, but when I went to college she wanted me to have a cellphone so she could talk to me and ever since then she's just paid the bill. I wouldn't have a phone otherwise and she likes to be able to reach me.

AT&T still charges overages. I'm on a plan with my brothers and sister, and we usually go over by one or two GBs a month. My sister uses up 90-95% of it.

>Alienware

It's a good laptop, believe me.

You can use a modified host file on your router, yes.

>I'm 29
It's time to move out. Or are you working on your wizardhood?

Nope. At$t still charges on going over. And they'll still throttle you before you go over.

it's Jordan, of course he's working on his wizardry

>so new he doesn't know who Jordan is

I don't keep track of every namefag.
Especially since I stopped fagging myself.

I like to think I'm a normal guy doing normal guy things but with style.

Time to upgrade that 1 mbits connection.

Problem persisted after she went to sleep, rebooted the modem and everything is normal.

The connection is 30+ mbps down (I max at 30 because our modem supports only DOCSIS 2.0 so I don't know what she actually pays for) Cable company sent her several notices about how the modem is too slow but she is happy with speeds so we ignore them.

Why would they not go the route of the jew and double dip?

Who is she?

mom

she's probably playing free 2 play shit games that randomly display ads, hence why you're just seeing a shitton of outbound requests to ad networks.

can't believe anyone in this thread could point out something so obvious, jesus fucking christ Cred Forums

What program/command do you use to convert photos to webm?

gist.github.com/ndarville/10010916

Why aren't you blocking them with a DNS cache?

I don't take the word of ANYONE who owns COD and watchdogs garbage.
Delete your fucking account.

I sold those video games alongside my PS4 and XBOX about 8 months ago.

also I thought watchdogs was decently fun despite some technical issues on the xbox release

Bait?
Iphags are targeted by advertisers who pay mApple, your mom is just another cattle in the herd.

You tripfags sure stick together.
Better yet throw away that piece of shit iphone and get an android.