SUS and POSIX thread. Some people use operating systems that aren't Unix...

SUS and POSIX thread. Some people use operating systems that aren't Unix, but that's okay! Your operating system is a personal preference.

The most popular operating system in the world isn't POSIX compliant.

How does that make you feel?

Can we talk about blackberry's and ford cars since QNX is UNIX?

I feel nothing.

Why isn't linux posix compliant?
Is it because they don't want to cough up the money for certification?
Or is it because posix is retarded and GNU purposefully ignored the posix standard where convenient, such as in the case of du and df.
According to posix, you're supposed to display disk usage in units of 512-bytes, but GNU decided to display it in KB instead.

Look at OP's image. Inspur K-UX is in fact GNU/Linux.

Indifferent.

But the Linux Foundation submitted the Linux Base standard in 2003 and they failed. I think they didn't give a fuck after that since they already had a strong momentum of adoption in the mid 2000's.

Not to mention every time you attempt to get certified it's $15k

Have you seen the members of the Linux Foundation? That's chump change to them.

Regardless they've got better places for their money to go than a piece of paper

Apparently, a couple of chinese Linux distro's disagree with you.

I know

>Pay for certification
>fail
I didn't want that crummy certification anyway.
sounds like sour grapes from basement dwellers.

What the fuck are you on about?

>kux
>cucks
Not surprised

LSB were never really a majority of linux system users, it was redhat trying to unify things and debians and sco's and 3rd parties fighting back against them. Slackware tier anarchists were also not compliant.

Nowadays with systemd and various hypervisors and things handling a lot of the administration the idea of certification means a lot more to the whole community instead of just the red hat.

xDDD epik

>a couple
literally one, made for a specific market that before was dominated by actual unix

POSIX compliance means little in this day and age.

Oh, and OS X isn't fully POSIX compliant in it's standard configuration because it doesn't use a case sensitive filesystem unless you specify for it to use one when you install it, but this apparently breaks a bunch of shit (particularly third party).

No, since no one here uses them.

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

why so sour user?

A bit more involved porting applications really

Because that fucking retard keeps spouting the same shitty meme

>Literally one.
hah No. There is exactly two.

It happened just a few weeks ago and most people don't even know about K-UX let alone Huawei's OS, give it some time, twat.

Give what some time?

People some time to find out about rather recent news.