Be honest

Does anyone else use Linux for programming in C and nothing else?

I use Windows 10 and OS X for everything else.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/RieHA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I program in C and browse the internet on arch

windows is for games with friends

I said be honest. You post on Cred Forums, so you don't have any friends.

he just said "windows is for games with friends", he didn't say he uses windows or has friends

It was >implied you fucking mong.

if that was true, then where's the implication arrow?

chequem8

good thread
nice banta

I use Xubuntu for everything.
Even for watching movies Linux is better.
mpv with hardware decoding >>>> mpc-hc with hardware decoding

vlc is shit, proof imgur.com/a/RieHA

i use windows for solidworks and linux for everything else, including games

I started learning C this semester so I made the switch to linux on all my devices. Fedora out of the box is pretty unusable, but with gnome extensions and some customizing I find it perfect for most tasks.

Yes.
Qt, C++

> Cred Forums
> be honest
wew lad

I play games on linux. And program so fuck you. :)

I use linux to be safer on tor.

I don't trust Win10 for tor.

Do all my programming on linux, not just c. Once you have to start building libraries from source windows is suicide

I use Linux for programming in Fortran and Learning MIPS ASM. OS X and OpenBSD are what I use for everything else.

I use Windows because muh gayms. MinGW-w64 and MSYS2 give me access to the tools I need to write C and C++. They're also pretty nice for running bash and python scripts and various CLI utilities.

It's probably not as good as actually using a proper GNU/Linux system, but I don't really feel like dualbooting or using a VM at the moment.

>MinGW-w64 and MSYS2 give me access to the tools I need to write C

lol fag

I also use it to program in C++. I only use C for legacy code at work and kernel modules.

Wouldn't use C for anything else besides firmware/embedded

I do everything in OS X.

I use OpenBSD to program since a lot of the relevant settings are better for crashing bad programs. Therefore you are more likely to make good programs.

What did he mean by this?

Developing on Windows is a nightmare for anything other than c#. Linux is magnitudes better in that regard. Especially programming in C.

But C# is good enough and gets you paid.

aren't you a special little snowflake

Who the fuck writes only C#?

About half the devs I have met since graduation. I work in Seattle.

What the fuck.

If you don't follow W^X OpenBSD crashes your program. Therefore you learn to respect memory.

Looks like that whole Linux thing was just a meme user. What are you gonna do now?

Linux has better performance and stability than windows or os x. So I use Linux for everything

>I'm a huge faggot and I like to lie on the internet.

Windows for gaymes.
Linux for everything else.

I only run linux because my pos laptop cannot handle windows (xp fine but feels limiting and unsafe)

I think you're just projecting your own inadequacies onto Linux.

Just think about it for a moment, scientists spend billions to create super computers to run simulations. If windows was really much better than Linux, they would fork over the relatively small licensing fees so that they can run simulations faster.

The reason Linux dominates markets where performance and stability is important is because Linux is a superior OS.

Windows is cuckware.

Stay cucked friend!

Actually it's because you can't make a custom OS from a closed source product, you fucking faggot.

So you're saying it's because Windows cucks the user?

okay

stay butt hurt.

>pic related, state of graphic on windows 10

OH SHIT WINKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH

pic related

Points for at least being honest about Linux being better

If Linux were better he would be using it you queer.

no

Yep. Use the right tool for the job.
>C,C++
Linux, Vim or Qt
>Java, C#
Windows, IntelliJ, Visual Studio
>ObjectiveC, Swift
macOS, Vim, XCode