Why does Cred Forums hate Stack Overflow?

Why does Cred Forums hate Stack Overflow?

Other urls found in this thread:

hackernoon.com/the-decline-of-stack-overflow-7cb69faa575d
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because Cred Forums hates everything. That's it.

Upvotes, my good man.

hackernoon.com/the-decline-of-stack-overflow-7cb69faa575d

Why would Cred Forums hate Stack Overflow? I use it constantly to troubleshoot dev activities.

>Stack Overflow hates new users
>Stack Overflow also hates most other users

That's just how it works. If people spend their free time answering questions on some free site, don't expect it to be perfect. It's like people who complain about not being helped on IRC after waiting a minute. Or when people complain about devs being dicks on some opensource project.

Shit is free, either don't set your expectations too high or find your own solutions.

Because they only answer really easy questions for the upboats or really technical questions to wave their epeens but pretty much tell you to get fucked if you're in the middle.

Also
>post a question
>someone answers it in the comments
>"please mark an answer as accepted!"

because people on SO can actually code unlike the autists here

>code
Please leave.

>posting an article complaining about a site hating new users on Cred Forums
I could go in any thread on this or any other board, start a post with "i've been here since 2011" and i would guarantee i would get at least 2 (You)'s

You're a fuckwit. The the meme is to get buttmad at people who call writing markup "programming".

Here's your first one

they're fucking shit, they're mostly codemonkeys who write pajeet tier code and copy paste garbage code from stackoverflow

>posting an article complaining about a site hating new users on Cred Forums

For clarity, consider reformulating your statement as follows: posting on Cred Forums an article complaining about a site hating new users

You forgot the quotation marks and a period.
Cut me some slack, especially when you try to revive a two decade old meme and you don't even obsessively check your own post for errors

My fellow Cred Forumsang ban/g/ers have a fairly unique perception on technology.

>I'm having a problem and I'm using X, we have to use X and it cannot be replaced by for example Y, how can I fix it?
>Y is better, use Y
>Yeah, use Y instead

Did you read the article? Their rep system is all kinds of fucked. It's actually forces new users to grind. People who want to help people, FOR FREE, have to grind.

Seriously the worst user base of all time

Sounds like support in an MMORPG

botnet

Yeah but Cred Forums isn't designed to be helpful

Stack overflow is good for commonly asked questions. But if you can't find an answer and you ask your own questions there's a high chance it'll get closed for some stupid fucking reason and nobody will tell you why.

>How do I solve [OBVIOUS UNIVERSITY MATHEMATICAL PROBLEM QUESTION]
>- Pajeet

>I never had a chance to provide a helpful answer. Not only do you have to be very knowledgeable about a subject, you’ve also got to be very fast in providing said answer
>"im too stupid to solve your problems so could you please give me simpler problems :---D"
just lol

the mods are corrupt

People bitch about the moderation here, but it isn't anywhere near SO levels.

Because Cred Forums is a consumer technology board full of amateur hobbyists at best.

this. And also the Mike Pall incident is quite relevant.

>Be Mike Pall
>answer question about LuaJIT
>want to edit post
>cucks don't approve your edit

>I refuse to contribute to stackoverflow anymore, due to some recent incidents. I can't even edit *my own* answers to correct them, without some anonymous fool rejecting my edits. Ok, so maybe they don't know I wrote the damned thing. But then they really shouldn't be allowed to moderate Lua-specific questions. This is just plain unacceptable.

Because now it's all about denouncing questions and roasting new users.

Microsoft shills manipulate the votes.

Cred Forums has an aversion to command line and finds it extremely difficult to install Arch Linux.