2016 is the year of the affordable 4K Streaming Box

>2016
>he doesn't have a 4K capable streaming box
>he hasn't preordered the Roku Premiere
>he hasn't bought a Xiaomi Mi Box
>he is still using an HDMI cable to watch videos on a big screen from his laptop

There is no longer any excuse not to be able to play high quality media on your TV, Cred Forums

inb4 a bunch of fags claim their computer monitor is enough to watch video with.

What's your excuse, Cred Forums?

Streaming boxes general

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2016/8/2/12349954/8k-broadcasts-start-japan-nhk
gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_449788.html?wid=21
pcmonitors.info/reviews/philips-bdm4350uc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>1900+116
>he still doesn't use his pc for streaming video
>he still thinks that streaming boxes are needed

I don't even have a 1080p tv yet aha :)

>use his pc for streaming video

That's for NEETs, user

>he still doesn't use his pc for streaming video

So when you bring a girl over, do you put a patio chair next to your desk chair so she can watch a movie with you on your PC?

> Xiaomi Mi Box

Worth it?

When ISPs with 50mb/s become available/affordable where I live then 4k will be cheap

For now the best I can do is get an xbone /tv combo from best buy for $800

>le 4k meme
kill yourself

yes

Then it will be 8K, then 16K and then 32K

Deal with it.

Both of you are retarded. 4k is the ceiling for home media, and absolutely worth it.

>4k is the ceiling for home media, and absolutely worth it.

If you think 4K is the end for display resolution until the end of time then you are retarded.

Can I root it and put linux on it?

We sit in the sofa and watch movies on my 42" monitor on the other side of the room. I have a Bluetooth keyboard to control it

Holograhic displays are next according to the movie Pay Check. Ben Affleck is always right.

>2016
>not streaming from your homeserver

>my 42" monitor

kek

>streaming from your homeserver

But that's what I mean. Plus it has Netcucks to make your gf happy.

>he does what the social beta manginas told him to fit into programmed expectations of a whore
idiot loser. goy.

I'm still using a crt with scart only input

You're both retards, 4k streaming is trash, a 1080p bluray has way higher bitrates than any 4k netflix or amazon stream not to count a 4k bluray.
All you're watching is an oversized image and falling for a marketing gimmick like a good goy.

>End for display resolution
Of course not
>Quality ceiling for media
Yes

>my 42" monitor
>Bluetooth keyboard to control it
Thanks for the laugh.

>implying you can even get a whore much less a gf

keep saving your sperm, goy. you don't need to make kids. that's for blacks and hispanics!

4k streaming of course is garbage, but 4k Blu-ray and video games are not. Also, premium streaming services like Sony's own have superb bitrate. I have a Lawrence of Arabia rip that's 100gb

>a 1080p bluray has way higher bitrates than any 4k netflix or amazon stream

what was the point in saying this obvious shit?

I have a Fire TV stick with Kodi

But I also use it for Netflix/Amazon/FXX Simpsons World streaming

I don't need 4K or HDR or Xiaomi's PLA SIGINT directorate cataloging my every click

There aren't any rips of 4k blurays cause the encryption hasn't been broken, your lawrence of arabia rip is just a shitty upscale from a 1080p blu ray source.

why would i need additional hardware to stream from my homeserver? the standard cable box can stream mkvs over smb just fine.

>2017-1
>being that fat poor guy who low energy trolls Cred Forums all day with crappy bait

must suck to be you mang

>Quality ceiling for media
>Yes

No. There is no ceiling for media as long as technology progresses. By the time you are dead, you will see a 16K TV at your stores.

Doesn't Japan already have 5K OTA broadcasts now?

Bet it's got a real great and snappy interface too

No, just real shitty 30fps 4K cable broadcasts

that you should stop shilling bullshit devices to stream bitstarved 4k that looks worse than a fucking bluray rip

Remember when MythTV was out fucking decades before any of this and you had to buy a TV tuner and then choose your own settings for quality VS storage usage and only neckbeards could do it?

This is why Linux is so terrible and is cancer to anyone who doesn't live in India.

Stop buying non-free software right now.

i can remote control it with my phone, so it's fine.

Who says we would stream bitstarved 4K only? Don't you have a mediaserver? I do.

8K, actually

That sounds better than the average shitbox they use to throw at people

My TV is 720p what business do I have with 4K?

It's just a demo channel with garbage NHK crap being broadcast, fucking nothing

What else are you gonna stream mong, there are no 4k bluray rips thanks to aacs2 encryption, all you're gonna stream are upscales and netflix webrips.

>be 2063
>100k tv's come out
>I'm happy with my 85k tv
>relentless marketing
>feel bad about being inferior and told I'm a poorfag
>buy a 100k tv
>next month they announce 105k
>fuck

It's your future

That makes getting comfy with the couch a pain though, with these boxes can all use Plex which seamless streams to the TV

American ISPs won't allow it :^)

>he le mememe le le le le le le le greentext lele meem arrow le le le le le le current year le le le excuse le
fuck you faggot

I kinda have to agree with this user, a PC is a better option if you are willing to hook it up to a decent television and for streaming video files like your anime from a home server. But I think that's better for gaming than for video.

Just use a fucking computer
>inb4 XDD fuckin sofa experience wat u do with a PC lol

le meme "4k" android box
connect an old fucking pc to your tv and fuck off back to /csg/

I was thinking of buying this: gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_449788.html?wid=21

Can i do better for the money?

My excuse? Having a 5 year old 1080p TV that still works. You fucking telling me that I need a new TV every 2 years? Horse shit. I have a TV in the shed that has a cathode tube in it, and I can watch the news over copper just fine with it.

>Can i do better for the money?
Yeah you can, scavenge an old power pc from ebay and stop wasting your money on useless shit.

>Just use a fucking computer

neet detected. nobody but your mom likes it when you hook your laptop up to your TV, neetboy

Sad but true

Just no. I have a living room. And 60 dollars is like nothing.

I have wired a 80 feet hdmi cable inside my living room walls from my desktop to my wall-mounted tv.

>Denial
It's on PTP and you're a retard

>inb4 a bunch of fags claim their computer monitor is enough to watch video with.
with my 1Mb/s connection I couldn't care less about 4k.
>240p on youtube
>mobile/low on twitch
>70Mb .mp4 anime
>google drive 360p for movies (dpfilms.net for unlucky french fags like me)

they're not rips you mongoloid, they're done with a HDMI stream capture card and the only one that has been captured that way is the revenant

What's the point when off-the-shelf streaming boxes relies on super-compressed bitrate to be able to stream at 4K with the most common H.264 codec? I'd rather watch 1080p at a near-flawless bitrate at the same bandwidth cost than a blurry 4K.

Why not just rip or download some 4K movies and play them from your $300 NAS?

4 words
H
T
P
C

>2016
>roku
fuck nigga it ain't 2008 any more

>no 10-bit HEVC hardware decoding
into the trash it goes

My 4k TV is "smart" and has a built in Netflix app that works in 4k. Netflix is really the only thing I'll ever play in 4k anyways.

For everything else I use chromecast.

pcmonitors.info/reviews/philips-bdm4350uc/

>2016
>not using intel
wew

>using the N3160 and not the ironically cheaper and faster J3160

damn, that's a new one.
Nice

>not getting an AM1 motherboard + an Athlon 5350
cucks

Those boxes are limited, have shitty software and become obsolete pretty fast.
Also 4k is pointless for TVs.

>Panel type: TP Vision TPT430U3 EQYSHM IPS-type (In-Plane Switching type) LCD Panel
I never knew they produced it all themselves.

Sweet, you got that Asus board. You can overclock the Athlon only on that board and its mini ITX version. I got my 5370 to 2.5GHz stable, not much but it's still faster than the 5350.

So what if i dont have netflix? I live outside the US.

Hey, you seem to be new to Cred Forums, so let me give you some advice.

Cred Forums is one of Cred Forums's more progressive boards, so instead of using things like "he" in your post, and assuming the gender of the reader, it's better to use "they" or "xe".

Peace.

Not poor so i can afford cable plus Private Trackers and Seedbox for movies and whatever else. So fuck your lame ass Roku or Firestick or whatever poorbox you own.

I have a dedicated HTPC. My capabilities are endless.

>2.5GHz on a 5350
Jesus fuck fuck man, that's a little bit over 20% better multi and single core performance. A friend of mine could only get the base to 105 MHz so he could only achieve 2.2 GHz on his. You're a lucky man.

That's because Is started with a 5370, which already has 10% over the 5350