High tech cars are the future! Automated driving is coming soon, stop living in the past!

>High tech cars are the future! Automated driving is coming soon, stop living in the past!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=37RlFnraMO4
racechip.eu/
f1technical.net/news/20316
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tesla makes a turd of a battery car
Stop the presses

I'd rather use a pre-2000 gas-based car than this piece of shit to be honest.

Let's be honest though, powered steering is just a convenience feature pushed by fucking spaghetti armed normies who can't handle a little resistance.

>everything drive by wire
>trusting programming done by mechanical engineers to control your car

>tfw power steering is so light i can drive by resting my hand on my leg and levering my thumb against the bottom of the wheel
>i drove the newer model of my car and the steering is even lighter
>i'm 6'1 and 57kg aka skeltal man and i can whip round the sharpest of corners one handed like a pro
Come ooonnn, its boring if you can't feel resistance or the road.

We are literally hanging by a fine thread with all these features in the way of you and your control over your car.

self driving cars is gonna be fuggin awesome in like 20 years.

so was the car driving itself or was the guy?
my power steering on my car fucked up before and i had to take it in

This is exactly the same as with every other technology, early adopter usually suck dick and suffer child diseases. But this time child diseases can cost you your life.

Thanks early adopters for being total retards

No, the power steering is actually required, because in Tesla the steering wheel has no direct connection to the wheels.

The thing is, Tesla isn't really a car. It's an electric go-cart with every feeling of a car being simulated, sloppily simulated at that.

No surprise tho, all the luxury car manufacturers have spent decades (and some even over a century) in racing, looking for a balance of power, comfort and durability. Then Musk comes out of nowhere and thinks he can make a luxury car without any prior experience in the field, without an F1 team r&d, without any of the famous car designer or tuners.

it is what it is.

>power steering

I'm too cynical about the quality of software being developed these days.

I find it hard to trust my peers to develop such a system correctly. I wouldn't be surprised if some null pointer error causes the wheels to lock and drift into traffic.

I will never let a car drive me around or buy a pussy ass electric car

>they took our jobs

so did technigger buy a tesla with all his youtube money?

>have oldass calais from 2001 with variatronic steering
Hydrualic Variable power steering master race here

only thing i dont like is the tiny bit of deadzone

>the luxury car manufacturers have spent decades in racing, looking for a balance of power, comfort and durability
Nope. Lexus is an astounding success and they're only 20 years old. Toyota just decided to make luxury cars and it worked. Now even Hyundai is trying to get in on the luxury action. Meanwhile, the fine folks at Mercedes and BMW have spent the last 50 years trying to sate the American appetite for heavy, black, luxury boats with big engines to pull some fat ass middle manager to his important meeting about proper meeting management.
What I'm saying is that luxury cars are stagnant. They sell the image, not the car itself. I'd say the only German luxury brand even trying to innovate would be Porsche

Post a picture of your arm muscles.

>>everything drive by wire
your airlines plane is fly by wire too. never get out of your basement

Lexus is Toyota.
Toyota has a long racing and innovating history.
But not as long as the German or Italian makers, that's why Lexus sucks compared to Benz or Maserati.

Dutch town cancels driverless bus trial after two days.... Because they for some shitty reason decided the busses should be driving in the bicycle lanes. And the buses didnt know how to behave around bicycles.

youtube.com/watch?v=37RlFnraMO4

In dutch. I dont speak dutch either. But you get the point.

retarded post. the tesla is expensive because you're footing the bill for R&D. early adopter penalty, basically. as far as construction quality goes it's no better than a 40k car.

reality is, it's still a better drive than anything in the same price range. can't beat that linear acceleration.

There is really nothing you can say about it until you know the rate at which eletric cards cause accidents.

If it's lower than normal drivers and the accidents are less severe, it's still a win situation

>I'd say the only German luxury brand even trying to innovate would be Porsche

Benz i the most innovative one out there, you just don't know it, because their innovations start at $150,000.
The 2013 S-class had fully functioning autopilot (although marketed as an advanced cruise control), gyroscopic adaptive chassis, variable window tint with a button push etc etc.

Not to mention the shit they had for comfort like an audiophile Burmester sound system with a tube amp, seats that massage, cool and ionize your ass etc.

>Buy newish car
>Problem with head gasket
>Fix head gasket
>Problem with oil in spark plugs
>Change spark plugs, coil wires
>Problem with smog
>Change catalytic converter
>Problem with window regulators
>Buy new window regulator and pay $600 to change regulator for a $9/hr pajeet's two hours of service
>Another problem
>Its time for maintenance again!

>Buy a Tesla
>One inconvenience
>SEE SHILLS THESE CARS ARE SHIT MADE ON WHEELS

>can't beat that linear acceleration.

Why would anyone want linear acceleration? It's either a heavy automatic luxury, that has HP for the sake of moving the 2.5 tons of weight off the red light or it's a sports car and it's either double clutch or manual.

Tesla is really a shitty drive, pretty much the worst build quality in the price range, non-luxury feeling inside or outside and worst ergonomics in a car ever.
That ipad in the center console has to be the most retarded idea ever.

>Marques
The car was stolen tbqh

I cant even bothered find grapes and apples picture at this point

high tech cars are the future but I live in the present.

Nah, anyone who's into cars thinks Tesla is a joke.

The only ones who like tesla are millenial hipsters, who are afraid to drive and like shiny "innovative" things presented by famouse CEOs.

Basically apple fanboys = tesla fanboys. Their arguments are similar too.

>lords year of 2000+16
>"""being""" """"into""" """cars"""""

holy fuck grow up.

Now wonder you are a virgin.

>Tech nigger
Yeah it's totally the car's fault.

>ad hominem
>not even, just straight up making shit up
no wonder you are a 8 yo "vroom vroom"ing with your mouth on sandbox with your toys.

These stale memes won't hide the pain, m8.
Come to /o/ and /fit/ and man up. And stop posting or r9k.
If you work hard enough maybe you will find someone to get laid.

>cagerfag

lmaoing

cars are devices that serves you transportation purpose.
One that makes this easier for you while being secure is the best one.
They are tools not purposes.
> man up
youll never be even close to comprehend a /femgen/ twink's capabilities :^)

It's been a long time now since MKBHMEME started shilling for Tesla

>personal cars
>the future
Pick one and only one.

>cars are devices that serves you transportation purpose.
As much as computer are devices, that help you calculate things.

You also shall never understand how your computer works or try to make it faster. So you should use a macbook. Because it's secure and reliable.

>i'm 6'1 and 57kg
How the fuck are you even alive?

>Lexus is an astounding success and they're only 20 years old
You do realize that Lexus is only for the American market, right? Their cars are sold as Toyotas in most places.

You mean self driving taxis are gonna be fuggin awesome because your nanny liberal government heavily regulated and banned "dated" consumer autos in order to make room in the emissions budget for fuckhuge marine diesel, high speed jets, and coal power

>wow i can go somewhere without walking or sharing a ride with 10 homeless people
>this is fucking amazoing

>driving a car at all
Fucking pussy

>So you should use a macbook
I already do

>ionize your ass
wait wut

autism

>have 1988 Mercedes
>nothing broke in the last 5 years
>mfw

I despise ease and safety because I am a meatbag that evolved in an environment where adrenaline inducing activities were also food acquisition activities

If you put me in an easy, secure lifestyle where I do nothing but serve the economy I will most likely develop severely maladaptive thought patterns and either kill myself, kill you, kill twenty other people, or delve deep into sexual degeneracy until I die early from rectal perforation. Maybe all of the above.

Vulnerabilities in so many ways.

guess what user-kun (▰˘◡˘▰)
Also I can make sure my computer is running non malicious(aka botnet) code by using laptop with libreboot and still preserve reliability and not be a tool for my computer.

You cant do that unless you drive a gas guzzling fully manual car high maintenance car without any electrical components in charge of engine management since there isn't an open source car.
also is not me.

>macbook
>secure and reliable

The hardware goes out faster than certain thinkpad T61s with nvidia GPUs
The OS is fucking unstable. Two freezes this week alone.
The OS is notoriously insecure.

Bullshit.

-sent from my macbook

exxon shills gtfo

is not me

continue evolving anonkun. Best of luck (◠‿◠)

white male detected

>without any electrical components in charge of engine management since there isn't an open source car.
Who said that? There is plenty of custom software. You can even make your own. "chip tuning" is basically that.

Gasoline's where it's at. No affiliation with any oil companies, you're just pathetic.

BP shill gtfo

Consider for a moment that all of the technological progress you use for ease and safety was ultimately in the name of risk, fun, dick measuring contests, and violence.

Were it not for the drug junky-like adrenaline drive of the human race, you would be content in a stick hut because it's safer than going out and working to make proper lumber. A vast minority of persons living under calculating tyrants would have nice things, and only because a harsh government would force them to work for a grander plan. Concerned only with safety and convenience, people would never individually strive to have more than what seems to work well enough at the moment.

Tesla shill gtfo

chip tuning is adjusting variables you are permitted to adjust on a preprogrammed software. You are not flashing a brand new fully audited software. At best you can flash another regions software.

I don't even have a car lmao

I'm not a part of this whole argument thing; but I thought Macs were supposed to be more secure than windows? Why is it not?

>chip tuning is adjusting variables you are permitted to adjust on a preprogrammed software.

No it's not. You can buy a whole new chip with fully custom software and replace it. Any big tuner has their own chips.

An engine is really simple, there is nothing proprietary in it, you can change anything.

>Consider for a moment that all of the technological progress you use for ease and safety was ultimately in the name of risk, fun, dick measuring contests, and violence.

I considered and decided that, that would be awful world. Lucky us our world is not like that. Our world is revolving around self centered pricks that tries to make life better for themselves while as a side effect advancing world outside them too.

As a matter of fact if you are in the right mindset of self advancement adrenaline and other pesky hormones make a obstruction/distraction. Be patrician. Stop thinking with your glands

>is an adult
>doesn't own a car
No wonder you're against gas engines, you're probably one of those autistic basement dwellers that doesn't trust himself operating a vehicle. You're looking forward to self driving cars becoming the norm so you can finally have a car (that you won't be able to afford anyway) so you don't have to worry about fucking up.

Sound about right?

I live in a city where public transport just werkz, so I don't need one

I am not trying to attack you or be sarcastic, I genially couldn't find an open source firmware for any car. Could point me to any one please?

>public transportation

motorcycle fag here

its gonna be great when i don't have to worry about kelly deciding to change lanes into me while she's busy texting donna about tomorrow's soccer practice for little johnny

must suck to live in a place where public transport is shit

I don't live in a place like that :^)

also I don't have to worry about parking, car maintenance, registration, etc

Why would you need an open-source OEM firmware, when you can just replace it with a custom one and it will just werk?
There are plenty of open-source ones for that.

>must suck to live in a place where public transport is shit
There's literally no public transportation here, I fucking love it. Must suck living in such an overcrowded place where you hate driving and prefer to ride a bus with a bunch of homeless people and beaners

>Owning a Mercedes
My condolences

>when you can just replace it with a custom one
And I am saying you; that "custom one" is just original one with few variables changed. Think of it like : you can have windows on any computer. You can have custom registry entries that boosts your computers performance. But just because you applied "Custom Registry Firmware" it is not liberated from rest of the software. Windows is still windows, with all of its botnet. You just changed few things that you can change.

>homeless people and beaners
I'm not from murica, so we take care of people which means not many homeless people, senpai

I stand by the rest of my statement.
>Must suck living in such an overcrowded place where you hate driving and prefer to ride a bus

No, there are plenty fully custom chips, some even have bluetooth so you can control the engine from your smartphone or additional sensors if you are super paranoid you may blow your engine.
Here is a fully custom PCB with a custom software racechip.eu/

But you can make your own, it's really piss-easy. Many enthusiasts do.

And if you're into real tuning, like drilling your combustion chambers, replacing the pistons etc then you have to use custom electronics with custom software, either premade by a tuning parts company or self-made.

actually I live in a small enough town where everything is 10-15 minutes walking distance

Oh I see, I'm just arguing with a fucking retard.

i dunno why but it irritates me that youtubers can afford giant houses and nice cars. moreso than any other way of making money. oddly i dont get annoyed by people who inherit a lot of money, or people who make money through scams. i just feel that youtubing should have stayed as a hobby and these people are making millions off of it. kinda jealous/annoyed by it.

annoys me even more when people like that brownlee kid make more money when they really only have consumer level knowledge. yeah its petty but god damn i really hate this kid (and others like him).

>not owning gently used luxury cars
>not missing the most expensive repairs already
>not being comfy while surrounded by leather and wood in your car

interesting. And that changes the everything that controls the car and gave it to your hands? Then you are right. About something. What we were arguing about anyway? Ah yes. Cars being tools and not purposes. Then this makes tesla undesirable because you cant do such a thing. But my point at still stands.
Most secure and easy to drive car is the best one. Also It appears I did trips, extra (You)'s would be appreciated.

>I have no proper argument

>better call him a retard
you sure got me

I'm thinking of buying a used luxury car just because of excess money.

With Youtube you just know that the people aren't being genuine when they're at that level. They exists solely so large companies can take advantage of them via advertising and other marketing strategies like simply exposing people to new products and games or whatever.

Anyone not using Youtube with the ads and all the tracking disabled is a moron who contributes to society being garbage. Even if there are channels you like don't use that excuse to let the ads function. Find a direct way to give them money like Patreon or buying merchandise they sell themselves or send them a god damn check.

> And that changes the everything that controls the car and gave it to your hands?

You BUY the car. It's yours. You can do anything with it.
The worst thing that can happen is you will lose the warranty if you do it yourself.
But you won't even lose the warranty if you pay an official dealership or a certified tuner to do the same thing under your supervision.

>Most secure and easy to drive car is the best one
That's not the point of a car.

No argument is needed, you're a man who uses public transport when he could be driving. You're retarded.

Do it. As long as you know the basic repair requirements for a vehicle and can inspect them find the right one and you lose little to no money if sold again without many miles put on.

after driving a car with regenerative braking, traditional cars seem so barbaric. To think I use to hit the breaks all the time, at every red light, and just to slow down on the highway. On my electric car I hit the wheel brakes maybe 10% as often as I would in a traditional car, just because of logically designed engine braking

>could be driving
what's so awesome about that?

All the extra money I'd have to waste?

>he doesn't enjoy driving
Thank you for further proving my point.

>whee I turn this circle and press those things on the floor

>and the car goes vroom vroom

so exciting senpai, you sure convinced me

I honestly can't tell if you're shilling for or against Tesla.

I pity you

>That's not the point of a car.
yes. it is. There is literally no other aspect for a car. Comfort usually equals safety so discount that.

>You BUY the car. It's yours. You can do anything with it.
This is Cred Forums and you know this isn't true. There are couple of ""smart"" cars were hacked because of their ""smart"" software were vulnerable. And since they were signed you could modify it to disable remote access features.

This, driving is a holy endeavor

Don't worry about me, I'll just enjoy all my extra money

I'm an atheist

Enjoy driving your fag mobile. Regen braking may have even caused the problem in the OP due to negative torque if the traction control was out of whack which he could interpret as the power steering due to being a retard that doesn't driver real cards anywhere other than a shitty little city.

And I'll enjoy not being autistic

>comparing technology with a few years of development to technology with 100 years of development

ishiggydiggy

you're an autist if you don't get emotionally attached to your fridge

What the fuck am I reading?

>buying smart cars

That's not the point of a car.

They'll be running Linux on the.

So am I, but owning a car and having the open road in front of you is great.

ITT sad wageys trying to find reasons why they should kill themselves by adding factor of ""pleasure"" to mundane daily tasks.
Sure bro your totally unique car totally comfy to drive and meddling with asphalt penis is real patrician meditation.

a car is an appliance

a fridge is an appliance

Cars are not getting the same level of testing before they're set loose.

there is not a fucking point to owning a car. refer

ITT pathetic neets make fun of people with money for being able to do things with it

A fridge is a just a means of storing food, a car is one of the best toys money can buy.

A car is just a means of getting from point A to point B, a fridge is one of the best toys money can buy.

>sad wageys
Nigger I get paid to post on Cred Forums (for part of my day) and work with people that like and respect me. You can live off mommy and daddy but I'll enjoy the fact that I can afford to buy anything I want at anytime without having to beg someone first.

Borscht luxury barges are just as boring as every other German manufacturers, only their sports cars are good.

I think you are confusing Lexus with Acura, or Infiniti

But a car's not just a means of getting from A to B, otherwise people wouldn't drive for leisure and race and shit. Hell most of the time I drive I have no destination. Meanwhile literally all people do with refrigerators is put food in them.

did you get your car because of pleasure? Or to commute to your work to do your task. Right. And now you are realizing you were trying to load a value to mundane task that you have to do for living. Next step is committing Sudoku.

>Hell most of the time I drive I have no destination
I think you might have autism

>Electric car has a component failure
Everyone shits the bed

>Regular gas car has a failure
Thats normal just take it to the shop!

>did you get your car because of pleasure? Or to commute to your work to do your task.
For pleasure, I skate to work in summer and walk in winter. I would not own a car if I didn't enjoy driving.
>Right.
What exactly were you right about? You fucking moron.

>autists that hate fun calling others autists
My fucking sides

Says the unemployed loser in his late 20s that doesn't even have a driver's license.

>My fucking sides
I don't get off on using my fridge, like you do when you use your car

>not using wageys tax money for """"""research projects""""" using your degree. Sure john everyone who does not agree to your mundane tastes are losers.

I have both a job as well as a drivers licence, but nice try

>car is a toy
Dubs don't lie

>I don't get off on using my fridge
Of course not, I'd be sincerely concerned if you did. Now driving a car on the other hand, that's one hell of a time.

Would someone really do that? Just go and tell lies on the Internet?

A Mcjob doesn't count user.

So you think just because I have a drivers licence I MUST own a car?

I got it in case I ever needed it, but I haven't thus far

Also, I'm implying you get off on using your appliance of choice

I actually work in production planing, so, nah.

10 minutes of walking away from work, it's pretty nice

I think you should because you have a penis.
>Also, I'm implying you get off on using your appliance of choice
I completely understand what you're implying, that doesn't make you even remotely correct.

>I think you should because you have a penis.
So you NEED your car for it to compliment your masculinity?

That's pretty insecure of you, senpai.

i litteraly bought a turd of a 15 year old car for $500 bucks with the intention of driving it until it died.

it had a lot of tearing rust, weak suspension, burnt a little oil, and smelled like shit.

i changed spark plugs, fixed some lamps and oil/filters.

got 2 years out of it before the generator started failing so i had to drive with high rpm for some time or it would stall, until one day it did that number and i accidentally downshifted to second instead of 4th and i blew the head gasket.

the left strut tower were killed by rust at that point anyway, so the suspension were knocking on the bonnet, so i scrapped it.

When you live in a suburban or semi-rural area because you actually wanted to do something with your life, reliable transportation is a must.

But you, being a fucking retard, don't seem to realize that this car is ludicrously expensive. When you're spending over $100,000 on a car, you're doing it because you like driving a nice car. This is a shit car for that purpose, and too expensive for people who might actually have a use for it.

Making money doesn't mean you're a wage slave, but I guess that's hard to explain to a NEET who will suck on his parents or the government for the rest of his life.

It's got nothing to do with insecurities, it's that you should enjoy driving and therefore have a car because men should enjoy driving. If you don't, there's something wrong with you.

Not just any tesla, a P100D. What's 130k to someone who reads the spec sheets of phones in front of a camera?

So why did you say
>should because you have a penis

Makes it sound like you want to prove to everyone how much of a man you are by owning a car

I am not shilling tesla or any car. I am just trying to opposing to "hurr durrr real car has trytonic trannylizer and smells oil and needs 4 cranks to start up, unless you have 3 clutches you are a faggot" idea by saying cars are tools and should be simple to use. Of course having a car is necessary for comfyness

I'd rather get into an accident by my own accord than have my brakes not work thanks to 50 Pajeets who can't code.

Because having a penis makes you a man, you goddamned retard.

But when are we gonna get the first car written in modern web technologies like HTML 5 and Javascript?

and gets fucking rich going it

t. salty poorfag

What kind of relevance does my dong have here.

IT'S WHAT MAKES YOU A FUCKING MAN AND NOT A GODDAMNED WOMAN

But what relevance does it have in our discussion about cars

Follow closely, I know you've got the mental capacity of a toddler but I'll try explaining it for you again anyway

You have a penis
That means you're a man, not a woman
Men like to drive
If you have a penis (thus making you a man) and do not like to drive, there is something wrong with you

>using my appliance makes me a proper man

this is you

Like I said, there's something wrong with you. You can dance around the fact and pretend it's not true, that doesn't mean you're a perfectly functional human being. You're just ignoring the fact that you're not.

My uncle worked in planing too,he planed dat fucking WTC real good bruv

>he doesn't do think I like to do
>must be something wrong with him

I like to jerk to tranny porn

if you don't there's something wrong with you

See the difference is that real men actually like to drive. Real men don't wank to tranny porn, your argument is invalid. I'm done, every time I read one of your posts I feel like I'm losing brain cells.

I really dislike the dude... Not giving him any views since 2015. Fuck that weird looking nigga

See the difference is that real men actually jerk it to tranny porn. Real men don't like driving, your argument is invalid. I'm done, every time I read one of your posts I feel like I'm losing brain cells.

This.
The future is uploading yourself on the net, devoid of biological constraint and merging with a hivemind.

I choose both, fuck your future bullshit.

enjoy your insurance policy costing you $99999

I already drive without insurance, I'll do the same 30 years from now.

>buy 2000 LeSabre in 2005
>put 450k miles on it
>spend maybe a grand in unscheduled maintenance
>never broke down
>original trans finally went at 545k
>buy 2005 LeSabre
>...
>profit

don't worry by the time that happens there will be literally sovereign citizenships with lawless places. probably

I'm pretty sure governments are going to try fastracking autonomous cars withing 15-20 years, because they're way more efficient and safe compared to human drivers.

this x100. early 90s cars are fun to drive and are soley man and machine. Only modern tech I want in a car is an in-dash tablet so I can play angry birds in the white castle drive thru

They also have double or triple redundant systems to make sure the thing stays controllable. By the sounds of it the tesla does not have a redundant system for steering being that there is no direct linkage to the rack. So if your tesla started to fuck up like Brownlee's then you're pretty much at it's mercy. Hopefully you can turn the damn thing on and off on the fly to see if an indian reboot fixes the problem. At least with a dum car if the power steering goes, even the most twigged armed preteen should be able to get it to the side of the road safely.

most commercial aircraft are grounded every 400 hours for inspection and servicing requiring at least 10 hours of in hangar servicing. Everything is inspected and every detail recorded. Cars (as of right now) are not under the same scrutiny and are lucky to get in an annual non bs safety inspection. Even if your area requires an annual inspection it pretty much just a once over to make sure it's legal. It is not a nuts and bolts inspection on par with an aircraft inspection. You can pay a private party to fine tooth comb your car but why would you do that when the governing body of your country, state, city, ect has deemed it to be "safe"

>tldr
>comparing aircraft systems and safety to automotive is dermb

>most commercial aircraft are grounded every 400 hours for inspection and servicing requiring at least 10 hours of in hangar servicing
the first company that did that would get shat on
>fuck $company, I have to bring my car to their service center every fucking month

Why didn't he just give it back to the owner ?

And what happens when we run out of oil, user?

>Run out of oil
We won't

I've got this Rover 600, real cozy car.

It combines a luxury interior and exterior from Rover with the Internals from Honda. It looks decent and it's actually i really fucking cheap. 230k miles and as of now it's still going strong with no signs of dying any time soon.

The rear lights are getting scarse though, they can't be produced anymore.

nice honda accord, faggot

Not in our lifetime and when we get to it then Shell will provide us with Hydrogen engines in a perfect timing.

>tfw bikes will always be the ultimate personal transportation which nobody can fuck with

Pretty sure electric is easier to adapt to than hydrogen

hydrogen is a bitch to install for gas stations (or whatever)

electric is much simple

Hyundai has already been in the luxury business for years

Though they don't try to sell their cars with extreme markups just because of the name and they easily compete with the top dogs in both reliability and features.

How long does it take to completely charge a full electrical car?

If it's more than 10 minutes i can pretty much guaranteed you Hydrogen will be easier to adapt to.

By the time oil runs out battery tech should hopefully improve

pls improve

>mfw Lithium runs out
>mfw the retards finally realize that battery powered cars are terrible for the environment

As part of
>battery tech should hopefully improve
lithium could also be replaced

Mate your grandads callin and wants hes fuckin car back

Rover 600. Bet your dripping pussy with that all that wood on your dashboard

>call a flat bed because some shit
just get a new car.

what car did you buy?
gm?

With technology that we won't get in decades and will be over priced?

It still pisses me off that there isn't a wide adoption of Lithium polymer batteries

machines should be doing all labor and humans shouldn't need to drive anywhere, just walk to the store

too bad shit for brains normies can't see the light

see
>by the time oil runs out

so yes, decades

Did you buy a European car?
Should have bought Korean or Japanese

>dope
>tech google here
>this new car is dope
>sending dope car to dope service
>dope
>pliz subscroob
>dope

>crispy
>leave some dope right below that dope button

>kg

How much is that in freedom units?

>Buy new window regulator and pay $600 to change regulator for a $9/hr pajeet's two hours of service

>not changing it yourself for free

dope

I'm not from Myanmar, so I wouldn't know

pretty sure every modern car has no direct connection to the wheel anymore

they dont even have handbrake no more, or just some electric button

Please eat something from time to time

>pretty sure every modern car has no direct connection to the wheel anymore
that's false

There's still a steering column going to the wheels
It's just assisted by either a hydraulic pump or an electric motor.

I think Infinity made a car more recently that doesn't have a steering column at all

Wrong, all the sporty ones do. And the top range of the luxury ones do.
Some modern cars even charge extra for having that. Like Ferrari and Alfa.

The only vehicles I know of like that are some modern semis, and even so I'm almost positive not all of them are that way.

>nothing ever goes wrong with normal cars

>one hundred and twenty thousand dollars
>car only lasts 5 days

That's absolutely not what he's implying.

Memes

Metric is free and, even better, works great with base 10 numbers.

Ironically I hate vegetables and pretty much live on a diet of carbs and meats. I'm trying to eat fruit every now and the then to get healthy tho.

>not owning a jet
Poorfag please

Fucking neck yourself. Lexus is Toyota's luxury brand. Acura is Honda's and Infiniti is Nissan's.

Pretty sure he wasn't trying to say Acura nor Infiniti are owned by Toyota.

>some idiot doesn't know how to take care of a car
>suddenly all Teslas are bad
>just because a tweet

Either shills, or you're just underage and reactionary. And back to twitter if you want chit chat about this.

Hi Elon, I didn't watch your spacex conference but I heard it went well

five days before a reliability issue? ouch.

teslas don't have the greatest reports of reliability and build quality. musk reportedly putting his office at the end of the production line. jd power warns against buying a second hand tesla model s.

tbqh pretty fucking salty that he was able to afford not just a Tesla, but the most expensive, fully loaded Tesla they sell from YouTube ad revenue alone. I mean I knew he was doing well when he bought himself a gigantic studio in Manhattan even though he had almost nothing to put in it, and its size even caused issues with audio.

I like Marques a lot - he's an acquaintance of mine, nothing personal towards him. It's just hard to suppress the jealousy when you see the level of effort required to make a tech channel like this compared to the revenue it generates. Makes you feel like a dumbass for getting into a 9-5 job and slaving away for probably 1% of what he makes on ads.

>Buy a Subaru
>Have none of these problems

I bought a Forester because my car-enthusiast friends recommended them and by golly fuck, it's wonderful.

Yeah, no doubt I'm jealous too. But you also have to realize he's currently a successor of a fad. Will YouTube still be profitable in 10 years from now? Is he saving his money (obviously not if he bought a 120k car)? What about health and life insurance?

I'd rather work for a big company being a wagecuck, because at least I'm secure. I have a 401K, my company invests into portfolios for me, and I have decent health insurance for my family. Would I love to drop everything and just be able to talk about my hobby all the time and earn it big time? Abso-fucking-lutely. But at the same time, I'm at an age where stability is more important to me than the amount of money I earn.

>0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds
>pussy ass electric car

Okay.

>He fell for manual driving meme
LMAO stop being poorfag, poor NEET faggot hehehehe 0/10 BTFO

Assblasted American spotted

>They are tools not purposes.

The same is true of your dick, but I bet you struggle with that one, don't you bud?

Glad that people are starting to shit on Tesla, they are literally the Apple of cars.
For fucks sake, GM makes a better electric car for less than that Model E meme.

except literally any mechanic can do those things, even unemployed mechanics who will do all the work for a bag of meth

if a Tesla breaks, no one in the planet knows how to fix it except 100 guys in California, and for the cost of fixing it, you could have bought a cargo container full of gasoline

>1988 mercedes
Fuck off back to your gypsy camp

>Then Musk comes out of nowhere and thinks he can make a luxury car without any prior experience in the field

lol, Henry Ford was basically a hobbyist auto mechanic and went on to build the worlds largest vehicle manufacture.

STFU, you know nothing.

If it wasn't for Elon Musk, the Big 3 would still be putting all their money into making V8 pickups that get 8 MPG.

An electric car gets more the 3X the mileage with the same amount of energy compared to an internal combustion engine, and they're getting more efficient by the year.

Yep, exactly the same argument appletards use.
It was the direction everyone was already headed, but Tesla marketed it the hardest, so it seems to the public that they had done it first. Let's just forget all of Toyota's and Honda's efforts since the late 90s.

>Let's just forget all of Toyota's and Honda's efforts since the late 90s.

What came of that? Nothing but bullshit hybrids that shaved of a few mpg's. It was nothing more than a PR show for the media.

They had NOTHING marketable on the scale of Tesla, just demo's of what could be. Yep, they sure did a lot.

In just 10 years, Musk went from the drawing board, to manufacturing an efficient vehicle, thereby forcing the other auto manufactures to try and do the same or be left in the dust.

Not all drivers are equally safe. Some safer than average drivers will be more at risk in fully automated trafic

I can't understand why anyone would defend combustion engines.

In 50 years, between the improvement in battery and solar tech, electric cars, other than their initial manufacture, will have zero impact on pollution, and best of all, no need for camel jockey oil.

We should be praising Musk for jump starting the race for a good electric car, which we should have already had 40 years ago.

125lb, brother

Combustion engines are great in cold environments but global warming is making those go away.

There is going to be boom of "amateur" car manufacturers where, you can build a car that has almost no automation, like a hobby car, of course for a short time, then they will be banned, and made as premium cars for companies like BMW, Mercedes etc. for x200 the price

>It was the direction everyone was already headed
You wot

>If it wasn't for Elon Musk, the Big 3 would still be putting all their money into making V8 pickups that get 8 MPG.

no, because they couldn't sell those cars in europe, or any country outside of europe that follows european emission standards.

> An electric car gets more the 3X the mileage with the same amount of energy compared to an internal combustion engine, and they're getting more efficient by the year.

the internal combustion engine is getting more efficient and adding energy storage. the electric car is increasing energy storage.

>In 50 years, between the improvement in battery and solar tech, electric cars, other than their initial manufacture, will have zero impact on pollution, and best of all, no need for camel jockey oil.

it depends how that improvement works. if the lifetime of some of the equipment doesn't improve, the batteries require servicing at around 10 years and the solar panels have to replaced at around 15 years.

Electric cars are the future, just not for a long time

>not just flying your helicopter to work

>the internal combustion engine is getting more efficient
Can you elaborate?

f1 power units, including ICE, turbos, ERS and batteries, are now at 49% thermal efficiency.

turbulent jet injection is being used for up to 45% thermal efficiency : f1technical.net/news/20316

Automated driving can't come soon enough, I hate driving.

If they could push for decent train service first, that'd be great.

Eh, gonna take 15 more years for that patent to expire and start being used on consumer cars, assuming the costs of creating such engines can be made similar to current. On the other hand Tesla gave up their patents, seems they have a head start on adoption.

good for tech nigger, he is an inspirational life story for those guys that can't even unlock their phones and need to make threads asking on how to bypass apple crap

>buy 80s porsche
>actually comes with power steering but previous owner took off the belt for funsies
>mfw doing a u-turn for the first time

Originally I was gonna put the belt back on but I ended up getting used to it and now I actually like it. Manual transmission plus manual steering can be pretty fun

>zero impact on pollution
Maybe that would be true if our electric grid weren't based on fossil fuels.

I blame the fission fear.
>Meltdowns man, can't have that cancer!
>Let's just inhale these super healthy fossil gases instead

/thread

> seats that massage, cool and ionize your ass etc.
I have those on my 2006 bmw. Did it really take MB seven years to get those on $150k car?

>Entire system is drive by wire
>power steering
Is this nigga serious

wtf, power steering doesn't even fuck on on Jeeps and shit.

Tesla's are a meme. Went into a Tesla store and looked around, and it's not convenient. You have to go through menus to access features you could access by pressing a tradition button on a normal car.

It very depends on the model/brand.
For example a Lexus is a reliable beast.
But picking a BMW is not easy, have to watch out for every little error that given model ever had. Have to check codes with BMW specific extensive reader, etc.

It's the best to bring along a BMW specialist, IF you are buying a BMW for example. But fuck that, premium fuel ain't cheap.