What's the best resource for learning Python3? I downloaded Learning Python the hard way, but it's for Python 2.X

What's the best resource for learning Python3? I downloaded Learning Python the hard way, but it's for Python 2.X

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.python.org/3/tutorial/
jii.moe/41EMzEb6W.pdf
github.com/CIRCL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Learn python 2

docs.python.org/3/tutorial/

oreilly programming python book is good. its over 1600 pages and you can get it under $20 used on amazon

New Boston on YouTube
Bucky is awesome!

or for free in any untranslated Russian website ;^)
fuck Oreilly

yeah that too. I find a lot good books on foxebook.net. most are on zippyshare

>What's the best resource for learning Python3?
No such thing. There is no "best" resource for a beginner.

Use Google find a tutorial you like and go through it. When you hit a snag, use Google and StackOverflow to figure out the issue.

> I downloaded Learning Python the hard way, but it's for Python 2.X
It won't destroy your progress to use that tutorial if you like it. From a beginners perspective the differences between 2 and 3 are minor.

I liked DiveIntoPython3. But that isn't for a beginner IMO. But what I like may not be a good resource for you.

Just remember that you don't need to find the "best" or "perfect" tutorial. The most important thing is to just start working. You will get better with experience.

>people still falling for the LPTHW meme
Start with Automate the Boring Stuff and jump into an actual textbook after you're done there.

>How do I learn programming language?
>Read this 1600 page fucking monstrosity that covers every little detail of the language

lmao'ing at ur life mayte

>learning python the hard way
Nigga, there is no hard way for python. Everything is very easy

Well, I'm not exactly beginner. Python isn't my first language, so I already know the basic programming stuff, including OOP altough that isn't significant in Python.

Seconding Automate the Boring Stuff by linking the PDF.

jii.moe/41EMzEb6W.pdf

There's also Codeacademy, which is kind of okay

Follow the tutorial but run in py3 interpreter. Any time it breaks Google the fix and become a better person. For the time being you need to know py2 and py3, not that there's a huge difference in syntax, but the stdlib has been expanded significantly.

Becoming Indian.

>he thinks he can learn a programming language with a massive standard library by watching tutorials on youtube or reading a 200 page book

>Well, I'm not exactly beginner. Python isn't my first language, so I already know the basic programming stuff, including OOP altough that isn't significant in Python.
If you have programming experience then you have probably overcome the major hurdles newbies have when starting out (learning how to break a large task into smaller parts, debugging your code).

What Cred Forums recommends is even less important (not that it was ever that important to begin with IMO). If you have already run through a couple of the exercises of LPTHW and you are ok with it then keep going. Since you aren't a complete beginner you could run that tutorial with python3 and change the code based on the messages you get.

You could also jump into DiveIntoPython3.

Or use any of the recommendations given ITT.

Or you could type "python3 tutorial" into Google and find something cool.

Can you see a pattern here? It dont madda.

In my opinion, you really don't need a specific book or resource until you want to jump into a specific topic.

They're also not that different for most of the code you write.

Though stuff like tuple assignment, splatting, and print/input will be different.

my uni offered a babby's first python class

the textbook they use is 'python for rookies' by sarah mount, james shuttleworth and russel winder, ISBN 978-1-84480-701-7 , website of the book www.cengage.co.uk/python

most of the classes were explanation lectures coupled with exercise hours where we would collectively pitch ideas on how to solve problems. The test was written, on paper. It was archaic but it werkd for most people.

all of the work was in python 2.7 so I'd guess the book is ok for your needs.

This was a study course that had nothing to do with CS, so it was truly for beginners.

LPTHW is bad.... literally like any other book is better. It should be called learning python the dumb way

Follow the tutorial and whenever you have a problem with the few couple things that are different look them up. Plus his teaching style requires that you're constantly looking stuff up online anyway

I think I found a bug in my code, when I play it back in tuxguitar, it sounds like oriental musix

import random

ES = ["5E","8E" ]
AS = ["5A","7A"]
DS = ["5D","7D",]
GS = ["5G","7G",]
BS = ["5B","8B" ]
eS = ["5e","8e" ]

string = 1

solo = []

def notes(inputlist,outputlist):
random.shuffle(inputlist)
choice = inputlist[0]
outputlist.append(choice)
return outputlist

def number():
numberofnotes = random.randint(2,5)
return numberofnotes

def get_next_string(string):
if string == 0:
return 0
elif string == 1:
return random.choice([0,2])
elif string == 2:
return random.choice([1,3])
elif string == 3:
return random.choice([2,4])
elif string == 4:
return random.choice([3,5])
elif string == 5:
return random.choice([4,6])
elif string == 6:
return random.choice([5,7])
elif string == 7:
return 0

def E():
for _ in range(number()):
notes(ES,solo)
def A():
notes(AS,solo)
def D():
notes(DS,solo)
def G():
notes(GS,solo)
def B():
notes(BS,solo)
def e():
notes(eS,solo)

while string != 0 or len(solo) == 1:
if string == 1:
E()
elif string == 2:
A()
elif string == 3:
D()
elif string == 4:
G()
elif string == 5:
B()
elif string == 6:
e()
string = get_next_string(string)

print(solo)

>Open terminal
>man python
>start reading
>keep reading until you get it

>>learning python the hard way
>Nigga, there is no hard way for python. Everything is very easy
Programming is very hard :(

Looking at good python programs.It's basically english.Just don't do python on windows.
I recommend the steller work these guys do: github.com/CIRCL

>Just don't do python on Windows.

Why?