Are vertical mice a meme? Should I buy one?

Are vertical mice a meme? Should I buy one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yaGhWN2cvUY
gearbest.com/mice-keyboards/pp_261458.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It looks ugly but desu it could be comfy

Definetely a meme

i fell for the meme. i bought 3. they arent the best but my problem is just the whole concept. they arent good for gaming since you cant use your wrist. as in, its all forearm. you have to move your whole arm to move the cursor making it even more uncomfortable. if you do get one, get a vertical mouse with a trackball since in the very least that would be good for browsing but all in all steam controller is the most comfortable option for that right now

>Are vertical mice a meme?
Probably
>Should I buy one?
Probably not

does your arm hurt? then yes

Yes
No, unless you really like wasting your money on useless tech.

Why did you buy 3 of them you fucking dumbass

i considered them a novelty, they were really cool at the time and i liked them and wanted to try other brands out and check everything out. they are really comfortable to hold for example and i really thought it would be something great for me but in the end i figured out i preferred normal mice

I bought one when my wrist was hurting and it definitely helped me.

I've been a trackball user for twenty years, I don't see why I should start using a weird mouse.

CST L-Trac 2545-5XW is my weapon of choice, they've not made this model for a few years but it's fucking solid.

I tried a trackball briefly. My thumb hurt like hell real quick

A brace or splint would've helped, too.

>Mouse designed to ensure you don't put strain on your wrist doesn't let you use your wrist rather than your arm.
Not everything exist for gamers you know.

I have that one

I'd get trackball instead. The only reason to use vertical mouse is if both your wrist and fingers are fucked.

I have this exact mouse, I actually love it. SO fucking comfy.
Of course, I have another mouse that I use for more precise tiny movements, though it's not often used.
The Evoluent mouse I use 99% of the time.

It is ok. Makes my left hand feel less useless.

yes but what is the value if it isn't more comfortable than a trackball? its much more uncomfortable to move your entire arm as opposed to your wrist and you will commonly go too fast over links. maybe if you cant use your wrist it would be good

It is more comfortable than a trackball. It completely prevents rotation of your forearm. Rotation of the forearm is still a problem with any trackballs. The forearm at rest is not rotated, when using any mouse other than a vertical mouse the forearm is rotated and this rotation stresses the tendons and muscles.

i have actually been using a vertical mouse since i saw this thread and yeah it is comfortable but i still think it would be much better to actually have a vertical trackball mouse of some sort (though i don't know how that would work). here is what i am using

Lel. First vertical mouse I saw was a chinkshit pistol-shaped one with gaymurr friendly packaging.

>Are vertical mice a meme?
no

>Should I buy one?
not the one you posted
youtube.com/watch?v=yaGhWN2cvUY
its either on dealextreme, gearbest or aliexpress

No, they're definitely not a meme. Its much more comfortable since your arm/wrist is in a more natural position.

I use this cheap chink one
gearbest.com/mice-keyboards/pp_261458.html

This

A trackball is the only non-meme alternative to a traditional mouse

My ICT Teacher in highschool had one because she had an RSI.

Has to always wear this brace thing and only use vertical mice.

I don't think they are genuinely used for anything other than people with certain conditions.

Then again my partner's mum has been using a trackball as a mouse for 30+ years.

optical mice are better than laser mice in every way so that isn't true

No one cares about gaymen.

Anyone have these for cad work? How is it?

OP that model is overpriced and only worth it if you use software that relies on mouse chording such as ACME and other ancient crap.

you don't understand, i was using it as a point of reference. if it isn't good for simple gaming, like even point and click adventures or strategy games what the fuck makes you think it would be good for cad work you stupid memeing child?

If you get the shitty anker one I got yea meme if you one that feel right it could change your life as long you adapt

You must have missed the link.

I have the wired version o wish the buttons were slihhtly lower o got hands and the buttons being would make buy the wireless version

enjoy your ban

>Reporting people for disagreeing with your aspiration to become a successful video games man.

Since when was this Reddit.?

Kys my man.

>w-why should i get banned for shitposting?

>Telling someone to go to the video games board to discuss video gaymez
>Shitposting

Listen kid, I don't know where you come from, but round here we dont report people for disagreeing with arguments.

Now head back to Gaia or tumblr or wherever you're from.

Looks extremely impractical for me, I tend to use only the tips of my fingers to move the mouse. If I have to use the entire hand and move my arm I don't even bother.

Yes, although the microsoft one is surprisingly comfy. That said, its not really vertical, but it puts your wrist at a similar angle without all of the shit that ruins vertical mice.

Is there any vertical mouse with decent optical sensor rather than shit tier lasers? Every single one I see looks like crap made of cheap creaky plastic.

Some people like olives, and some don't.

one half of americans have so much money they can spend it on memes like that
the other half lives paycheck to paycheck and still spend it on memes like that
eurofags are happy that ameritards are happy
i'm happy

It's the very definition of a meme. You should get one if you like alienware.

It is the equivalent of stancing one's car.

We don't use the s word in this board, young man.

What the fuck?

>using a mouse
>not having keyboard shortcuts for everything

Get out of here amateurs