ITT: we post reasons why a sane person should use Windows 10 instead of linux

ITT: we post reasons why a sane person should use Windows 10 instead of linux
>Glorious battery life

Thats all folks

video games

i weight 400 pounds and never leave my bed

my laptop is always connected

this

Doesn't Wongwangs use most energy power, when tracking you?

It gives you an incentive to install Linux.

Actually installed win10 for the first time today (instead of a Debian). Started watching a youtube video and after 10 minutes got a BSOD. Back to win8.1 for me.

Faststone, Irfanview, Sony Vegas, Adobe Creative Suite, no shit DE, Microsoft Office, no X server, no shitty drivers, no wasted time trying to find and work with cheap alternatives

Is that an arm based book?

Let it install the updates and restart several times.

>enter the botnet within the botnet within the botnet

no, it's a T430 with quad core cpu, nvidia gpu and 9cell genuine battery

Bought a new laptop today.
Came with Windows 10.
Currently installing Fedora.

Without Windows 10 torturing me, I would have never given Linux a second thought.

Yeah, but my laptop immediately died when I tried to install Gentoo on it. I see really no use to installing Linux when I'm a Win32 program developer.

I'm using Windows 10 at this very moment but I want to reinstall Arch but I don't really know what the fuck I should do. It's not that I can't install it, it's about all this spying. I feel so tired, don't know what to do anymore. To choose productivity on Windows or security and some privacy on Linux.

9 cell batteries do wonders.
Atom CPUs too.
SSDs give you 20-40 minutes more too.

I get the same battery life using Windows 10 or Ubuntu.
On the other hand, the battery life was god tier in Windows 7 and 8.1

And good wifi signal strength.
And unironically Edge, it does actually conserve battery.

>There are people in 2016 who unironically think Windows 10 isn't terrible

What are you even supposed to do with an error message like this? It forced me to install the anniversary update and now Windows crashes while idling

Did you hack the DNC?

I use Windows 10 for my creative shit. Editing pictures in Photoshop, drawings and vectors in Illustrator, InDesign for publishing and etc.

>B-But Macs are better in creative shit
Nah, recently bought an Nvidia 1080 and shit's cash.

The error was "critical structure corruption" which after some basic googling turns out to be a common error related to video playback created by an update about a month and a half ago (so I'm pretty sure an update wouldn't fix it).

>Visual Studio
>Drivers
>C#.NET development
>90% of software is written for Windows
>Bash available
>Comfy

There's nothing wrong with Edge, other than the ridiculously small amount of extensions. It has adblock so it's good enough

Then download the ISO and repair it. The ISO is up online for free anyway and installing it into a flash drive isn't that much of a problem.

you want a tablet that can run windows-compatible programs

that's it, really

All these freetards talking about Windows like Linux is flawless. Ayyyy lmao

>tfw to intelligent for Linux

You don't need to boot into Windows for it to repair, by the way. You can just boot from the flash drive and just repair it from there.

I can watch youtube and it barely consumes 3% CPU at the lowest possible frequency. It's as light as watching video in a conventional video player.
It's insane how good it is at it.

The thread is about the reasons to ever use windows 10, the fact that 10 minutes after fresh installation I have to repair it is a reason not to use it.

maybe learn to use computers, or perhaps not use some scavenged peasant box you fished out of a dumpster?

Then switch to Linux or Mac or whatever OS you want to use.

>The thread is about the reasons to ever use windows 10, the fact that 10 minutes after fresh installation I have to repair it is a reason for me to never use computers again as I do not have a single clue what I am actually doing.

t. someone who's installed windows and didn't fuck up

fuck off sperg

I never got kernel panics on Linux, and never got them prior to the Windows 10 anniversary update.

Hence my original sentence ends with "Back to win8.1 for me."

Pretty comfy if you know how to configure Bash and the Linux subsystem in the anniversary update :^)

Wincuck ima need u to gitgud.
T460

Because they like to be cucked

Shilling like a real pajeet, good job boy

>windows
It's fucking shit.
OSX is preferable in every way.
Gayms are a waste of money in 2016.

Oh programs a minority of pc users touch aside from ms office which sucks now and works just fine on wine.Or just use libreoffice.

>OSX
Absolute garbage OS. Linux>Windows>BSD>Carrier Pidgeon>OSX

Dude what the fuck did you do? Please tell us how you achieved this

>Absolute garbage OS

It's much more user friendly, stable and full of neat features Microsoft took more than 10 years to catch up with, which make it comfy to use.
It handles proprietary professional software as well.
OSX and Linux is all I need.

He's using the Linux subsystem built into windows. It's great if you want to use a gimped up Linux through a cuckware OS.

I hate LibreOffice's interface. I like the MS Office suite and there's nothing like OneNote on Linux. I have experience with Linux but I'm much more productive on Windows because the software is better.

I get that, do what you are comfy with than.

>Download Xming

sudo apt-get install xorg xubuntu-desktop
echo 'export DISPLAY=:0' >> ~/.bashrc && . ~/.bashrc
sudo sed -i 's$.*$tcp:host=localhost,port=0$' /etc/dbus-1/session.conf

Close and reopen Bash and type
xfce4-session

Works real great.

>fuck up my laptop's power cycles
>now battery last for maximum 1 hour

I don't really think those estimations are accurate it used give me 31 hrs left sometimes even 90 hrs and 50 mins left

Perfect Linux user there

>not changing to the detailed bsod in the registry

bruh

Did you hack the dnc come on own up we won't tell

mine were like that when not in use, moving touchpad cursor and start browsing suddenly it goes like 4 hours remaining....windows battery stat is innacurate unlike osx had.

President Trump told me all about you at a debate earlier.

>more user friendly
It's full of crippling limitations, which is why simpletons like it and can use it for years without knowing how to do basic things for themselves, such as locate files and change settings.
>stable and full of neat features
Stable, lmao fuck off. Arch is more stable than that shit. Features like what? Window snapping required third party download. Finder is a joke. The best customization comes from ancient brews that are about as safe and reliable as shitty BSD ports.
>handles proprietary professional software
Windows is the target platform for those, not OSX. Rarely, if ever, does a professional suite function as well on OSX than Windows. Most professional engineering software, for example, doesn't even exist in OSX.
>OSX and Linux is all I need
Linux and Windows pair far better. OSX is a toddler operating system for socially conscious numale faggots who need to signal their membership in the progressive fold.

Go for privacy

Lmao only 16h on battery? Step up nigguh

>Stable, lmao fuck off. Arch is more stable than that shit
I was comparing it to Windows, reread my post.
OSX just werk, I've been using it for years without any issue while windows let me down because of a misc update or whatever
>Features like what?
Tons of little details that makes its use convenient that native OSX has, something windows didn't until W10 or 8, the obvious one being multi-desktop.

Why?

I installed Windows 10 yesterday!
the thing wouldn't load programs, and kept freezing.

I installed 8.1. it was better, but ran my graphics card fan at 1000 rpm after I installed the drivers.

I can't believe I will say this, but after 10 years of linux, it is now superior to WIndows in every way except muh gaymez. Which is the reason I tried windows, the utter bag of shite.

Sane people dont use windows 10. They stay on windows 7. The last truly great windows os

It's not flawless but it's objectively the best option.

What's the point though? You still have to use windows.

>steam
>twitch
>memeshop

Oh I see I'm wasting my time.

>What is Event Viewer
Let me guess, you don't use console on OS X or Linux either?

>implying that shit is anything but new
You have to be 18+ to post here.

This desu. 8.1 is a good option too, you just need to install a 3rd party program for the start menu.

Which one?

Linux is superior, the software is not.

a srasz?

kurwa?

>soulless germs has butthurt because win10 has no games.

>9 cell, screen off
Your battery is probably half the weight of his entire laptop.

how powerful are your spells, warlock?

Year of the Linux Desktop finally confirmed.

Yeah, no games at all
Can linoox even do this at 120FPS 4K?
No?
Top kek

>some kind of generic fps
I played borderlands 2 on steam. Grow up and buy a gun.

>said a polish subhuman who can't legally own a bb gun
Top kek

We have more guns than you. I own an airgun and I collect money for black powder gun. Meanwhile you don't even can buy a balisong.

>than you
Than who exactly? You don't shit about me, bitch.
>black powder gun
Holy shit, I don't even have a reaction image for this.
>anime_gurl_laughing.webm

>you don't even can buy

Of course only germ can be triggered by Polish language. You still don't answer this question:

Stop embarrassing yourself.
You sound uneducated as fuck, desu.

Why would anyone use W10 over an actual gaming console

>Spend $1500+ on a gayming rig
>Only games available for PC are bad console ports and shitty indie games that are all the same
>Spend half the time googling obscure error messages hoping that someone else has the same problem and got it fixed so you can get it fixed
>just want to play games :(

>in the middle of a game
>Windows updates forces a reboot

>only bad console ports and shitty indie titles

You forgot generic first person shooters

>buy console
>games run at 720p 30 FPS or lower, on low settings
>have to pay $100 a year, every year, to use the internet your already paid for to the ISP
>games are twice as expensive despite being the worst version of the game
>has to use controller for everything
>no mods

That's why.

You still don't answer question which games for windows 10 are good? You only can attack people ad hominem like german or anglo.

:^)

That's hot

Yeah higher frame rate sure is nice on PC. Too bad there are no good games

tfw i installed Windows 8.1 back because Ubuntu showed me 11minutes of battery life, turned out that Windows does that too and the battery is dead. Im back at Ubuntu now. Subscribe for more!

Just install 0x0 shut up. And then, shut up.

I cannot even fathom the mind of delusional loonix tards as they legitimately pick literal shit to play videogames on so they do not have to use windows. It is simply extraordinary.

XCOM 2, Total War: Warhammer, Civ 6, Stellaris,

Windows time measuring

Ubuntu killed your battery. Nice OS!

thats not how it works
thats not how any of this works

I think it's useless to stop a botnet like Windows 10. It's closed, everything, it's useless.

Nah, its just an cheap Acer laptop. I also charged it 24/7 and unplugged it only when it was full charged and turned off. Also i used Windows for 2 years and then a dualboot for a few months and just Ubuntu for half a year now. I resigned from windows after update to 10, which made my laptop boot for 15 minutes to open firefox (100% disk usage). Also the laptop shows 11 minutes of battery life , but stays alive for 3 hours at 5%, and it had 4h battery life when bought, so just fuck my shit senpai

The most diverse catalog of Applications available across the most Categories

Yeah but W10 still has no good games compared to consoles

>tfw glorious chromeOS Linux laptop
>18 hours battery life
Cost me less than a hundred bucks on fleabay and now runs android apps too. What kind of mung still runs Windows in the current year? lol

Screen wasn't off scrublord.

If I don't run any vms, typically 14-18hrs with wifi/bt and screen on. Firefox reduces battery life by 25%, Lawl. 100whrs of battery

>32 hour shot wasn't screen off!
>I get 14 hours screen on

Ads in the start menu

see

>reddit.com

Linux as a Desktop OS is purely for posers wanting to play make believe hacker.

Grow up

>Ads in the start menu
Wasn't Ubuntu the first to do this?

It sure was. True bravery. Ubuntu was also the first one to back off from it.

>mac user
>gb2 leddit
Oh sweet irony of ironies.

Yeah, then windows followed while ubuntu learned from their mistake.

Windows loved it so much they are showing FULL SCREEN ads these days

This won't cure your autism, but I did another with screen off. Laptops been running for a couple hours, but will still give an idea of idle power draw. stayjelly.

tfw Ubuntu users wanted their generic ubuntu wallpaper on log screen because their families could see their hentai waifu futa wallpapers on the login screen, while Microsoft got that fixed with ads.

So again, your laptop with a $130, 1.1lb battery gets 14 hours screen on in Linux.

kek visual studio is garbage

Good for you, but for 99% of people GNU/Linux kills their battery life.
I get 7 watts consumption watching youtube in edge and 16-20w in linux pretty much regardless of browser (and, no the difference isn't because one is using h264 and the other vp9, I've taken that into account)

To be honest, I think muskets are pretty awesome.

Actually the battery was $20 and weighs 1/2lb. W10 battery life is typically shorter.

powertop is your friend. Mute your mic as well. Systemd unit file (debian based):

cat /etc/systemd/system/powertop.service

[Unit]
Description=Powertop tunings

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/powertop --auto-tune

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

let's hear it for good battery life, amirite?

>To be honest, I think muskets are pretty awesome.
Short ranged and inaccurate.
They generate lots of smoke (black powder) and foul quickly.
Slow-loading and require 2 kinds of powder to work.
Not for my troops. Might as well give them clubs and be done with it.

>Have bad hardware/user error
>buhbuhbuh windows did it gotta start saying wangblows so i'm hardcore

>Not for my troops
You aren't going to war user...

Of course I don't like them for their "usability", but because of their historical value and such.

To use Project and Visio

you probably don't realize the irony of your post

lel

My T420 battery lasts 3 hours max on Fedora, and that's with brightness all the way down.

it's literally two clicks to remove it