Why do fm radio channels still exist? do people enjoy hearing stupid ads for minutes every 20 minutes?

why do fm radio channels still exist? do people enjoy hearing stupid ads for minutes every 20 minutes?

Because not everybody has aux in their cars and can't be fucked with CDs.

I rip CDs because I don't have aux. Anyway, I would prefer silence over the fucking radio.

>I would prefer silence over the radio
And nobody is stopping you from doing that you jackass. What a pointless thread.

Sage.

Is there any other kind of thread here, but pointless?

Not even my thread. Why did you get so triggered when I called radio shit? Clear channel, is that you?

No but what you said triggered me. I can't help but get triggered by fucking retards.

They have medication that can help you with your autism now.

Not every radio station is shit op.

There are a lot of workplaces that allow radios but no other forms of personal music players

Where I work there are about 400 radios out on the factory floor, and (supposedly) not one cell phone

>becoming annoyed with those who lack a functioning brain means I have autism
I encourage you to read a book. Plenty in fact.

People still need a method of discovering new music and online services aren't always an option.

Sometimes I listen to the radio in my truck.

what I dont understand is why don't the AM stations move to FM? radio isn't nearly as popular as it used to be, there are loads of open bandwidths

a lot of radios these days only pickup FM anyways, and AM can be pretty spotty

I actually really enjoy CDs.

Radio wouldn't be bad if every station wasn't owned by media conglomerates that play a 3:1 ratio of advertisement to content. People who complain about FM dying are exactly like the anti-adblocking crybabies.

"Why does my target market not like listening to ads for 20 minutes at a time!? I just don't get it!"

It's honestly a really good question. I'm really not seeing FM radio hold out for more than ten or so years because it's an ad infested shithole. As to how it even exists right now is a mystery when you think about it.

Jesus Christ, you're full of yourself. Sorry that this isn't another battlestation thread, Supreme Benevolent Dictator of Cred Forums.

If what the person said is quite reasonable, it does tbqh.

1. It's free
2. They have to pay royalties
3. Ads are an easy way to accomplish that
What do you find so triggering about their existence, OP? You certainly don't need to listen to them.

some stations are alright
and coverage is often better/cheaper than internet

I haven't listened to actual local radio in forever. But one thing i do every now and then is use a radio app on my phone to listen to random foreign radio stations.
Listening to late night japanese talk shows where they occasionally play some music is quite comfy desu.

NPR doesn't have ads, it's convenient to get up to date while driving

I like listening to radio. Listening to music that is outside of my comfort zone is refreshing and some of the radio hosts have decent banter every now and then. Advertisements suck but they're not that painful and you can switch channels if they're annoying you.

Maybe murrican radio is different.

Sometimes I listen to music from my phone though aux if nothing good is currently playing. But it's such a hassle to set up and skipping tracks while driving is sometimes quite tricky.

Just listen to your local area radio.
Mine plays only classical music and pauses less than two minutes between songs for the host to mention the sponsors briefly and describe the next track they sre going to play.
There are no annoying ads, just small plugs for random people and occasionally organizations that donate.
Only thing I would complain about is their favoring of string quartet/ensemble over a full strings and winds orchestra,
but that has more to do with the material composed.

What the fuck is up with the level of shitheadedness kids today are reaching? I mean I know for a fact I was not as stupid as a kid as we are producing today

OP, you are a fucking child who can barely imagine the world beyond the reach of your fucking hand you fucktard. FM/AM, radio in general will always exist because not everyone is fucking glued to their phones with a service/data connection everywhere they go with a set of earphones in as you seem to imagine is the case. Stay in school shit for brains. You have a lot to learn.

If I was your dad I could not hide the shame in my eyes knowing the failure I had created.

>oh shit ,big traffic jam
>turn on radio to news station
>"big traffic accident on Highway 10, traffic is completely stalled, and being rerouted through Jones Street, you might want to go around..."

>thank goodness I had a radio

Bait/10

it's the same as for radio amateurs, both of those will be around forever.
Hell, even AM is really alive on the shortwave. You can get a cheap Realtek TV stick and listen to all of those ISIS stations, china radio and other shit.

>oh shit, many road closures and traffic jams due to Joaquin-induced flooding
>Waze alerted me in time to plan around all of it
>thank goodness I had a smartphone

I listen to it occasionally, but I usually just listen to silence or my own copied CDs.

I know they have to get their profits by some means, but whenever I have it on it reminds me of modern television. You're using your radio to listen to advertisements - no thank you

we cant make them stop. am is also still there and all ways will be throughout the galaxy.
also when we discover light radio we will realize that there is already shit tons of content like it was always there.

>being this mad

Why not?

This exactly.
Listen to the radio in the truck all day at work and while most of it is repetitive shit, if you find a station that plays new music you can discover decent shit on there.
AM can be pushed a lot farther than FM due to how it's transmitted. Still useful for covering wide areas for sports/emergency type shit.