Encryptards will defend this

>encryptards will defend this

scienceblogs.de/klausis-krypto-kolumne/when-encryption-baffles-the-police-a-collection-of-cases/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VPBH1eW28mo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encryption
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mom I posted it again XDD

>this is what encryptards actually believe

Fuck off, NAMBLA shill!

Why are muritards so obsessed with pedophiles?

NSA shill, we know it's you. Fuck off with your FUD.

Because it's the only retarded country in the world with a ridiculous puritan law where one day before a certain magical date consensual sexual intercourse arbitrarily becomes rape.

Encryption is meant to protect anyone who wants privacy. It does its job. The fact that some people choose to use encryption for bad does not make encryption itself bad.
Fuck off with your bait.

It is the same everywhere, though most countries' age-of-consent is ~15

>Encryption is meant to protect anyone who wants privacy.
Nope, encryption is meant to protect us from criminals (i. e. identity thieves). When it stops protecting us and helping criminals, that's when you know it's not serving its purpose and needs to be changed.

But anyway, no one's suggesting we ban encryption and you lose your privacy. A majority of people just agree it's reasonable to insert secure asymmetric backdoors specific for law enforcement into it, which is something that won't affect you at all, unless you give the authorities enough probable cause for a warrant.

You can stop shilling for the Muslim Brotherhood now.

You cannot have a backdoor and have it be secure from those who wish do you you harm. It's insane how people can be this fucking stupid on the matter.

Take 10 minutes, watch this video, and actually get educated on the matter of encryption.

youtube.com/watch?v=VPBH1eW28mo

>Air only lets terrorist breathe
>Locks on doors only prevent the police from gaining entry
>Passwords make it more difficult for FBI to freely look at your files anytime they want
>Fences only exist to allow you to build a secret illegal missile base in your backyard

I know it's bait, but it isn't even good bait.

>Nope, encryption is meant to protect us from criminals

"In cryptography, encryption is the process of encoding messages or information in such a way that only authorized parties can read it"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encryption

The definition of encryption only states that it protects data from unauthorized parties, but doesn't define what are those parties.

So your statement is only your opinion.

>When it stops protecting us and helping criminals, that's when you know it's not serving its purpose and needs to be changed.

The fact that one may argue that it helped some criminals, does not mean it is not helping other people as well.

>A majority of people just agree it's reasonable to insert secure asymmetric backdoors specific for law enforcement into it

A backdoor is always a universal backdoor.

Also it's impossible to regulate cryptography, people can always create and implement their own ciphers.

>paedophiles

It surprises me how often this gets posted and how many people fall for the bait

>This just in Terrorists hide behind close doors

Ban all doors

>ISIS
>Pedophiles
>encryptards™
>asymmetric backdoors
>NAMBLA
>shill this, shill that
>criminals
Now two more
>muslim brotherhood
>identity thiefs

You are aware that the police may break in through your door if they have a warrant, right?

>be business owner
>don't encrypt customer's info
>get sued
>encrypt info
>get sued AND called a terrorist
What do?

>™

>le they wanna ban encryption strawmeme XDDDDD

It's time to stop posting.

Look i'm just an humble clock-maker trying to find a solution before exporting to the usa and they're trying to ban encryption because lol terrorism.

nice one CTR, keep pushing this one world government order

No one's trying to ban encryption, fucktard. You can still have your encryption as long as it has law-enforcement-specific secure asymmetric backdoors.

If you're a law-abiding person you have nothing to hide. Othrewise, better encrypt your lolis you filthy pedo!

Backdoors of any kind break the entire purpose of encryption you dumbass shill.

But the backdoor can be used by someone else to access my customer's data, hell what prevent the communists from fucking with us?

LMAO encryptards literally on the verge of tears after their precious "muh doors" sophism got #REKT by the mere reality of the facts.

It's true, police has the right to break your door if they have a warrant, soon they'll have a right to break your encryption with a warrant, and the only ones opposing this are terrorists and child rapists.

Lurk for two more years to figure out how to not make your shilling so obvious. This is insulting.

>all backdoors can be exploited by other actors
Please stop spreading this myth. Asymmetric backdoors cannot.

>I-I'll just keep calling him a shill I gu-guess...

Nice try, but everyone can tell you're the shill here, Ahmed.

I was sure you'd say that you dirty commie, get the fuck out of my american image board and go back to the gulag you call home.

Any kind of backdoor goes completely against the concept of encryption. You cannot trust a third party to be with completely noble and pure intentions, there will be corruption at one point or another. Shill harder. It's like how companies said that Denuvo could not be cracked and it did eventually.

Eat shit, sympathizer.

The year is 2050. Encryption is still banned by most Western countries.

>human microchip program is in full swing
>Google's BrainLink neural interface is unveiled, prompting concerns that people will be able to encrypt their memories and communicate in secret with each other, which is against the law
>two United States Congressmen try to push for the decriminalization of encryption but suddenly become embroiled in two completely separate yet simultaneous sex scandals as they're writing the bill
>a California man is arrested for growing his own vegetables without a permit
>Microsoft announces the next version of Windows360 will have a new feature called "PersonalEncryption" which allows the user to encrypt their files on the cIoud through a legal loophole which stipulates that Microsoft and the government must have the encryption keys; mainstream media hails this as a great privacy feature
>the United Emirates of Great Britain and Northern Ireland announce that under concerns of safety, all new systems must have remote desktop enabled by default and be connected to government servers; European Parliament members consider making this an EU-wide law
>most Linux distributions are now banned
>superSSD (SSSD) and superSATA (SSATA) connections allow such fast transfer speeds that the US President says he will make them mandatory for all systems by 2060, after which a law will be passed to make it mandatory for all data to be copied from your laptop or tablet whenever you pass a security checkpoint; as part of TTIP and TPP, European and Asian countries are expected to follow suit with these regulations
>Cred Forums announces the death of its founder, Christopher Poole, who died in his Philippine beach house; the memorial thread on Cred Forums gets over 9000 upvotes

>restrict the rights of 99.99 % because 0.01 % might use it

the bait is bad

>the only way encryptards can manage to even remotely contend in the debate is by fanfictioning extreme strawmeme dystopias
lmao stay rectally shattered

If its so bad, why isn't it illegal?

I personally hope the NSA intercepts, logs, decrypts, and analyzes every communication ever made in human history. Godspeed you signals intelligence maniacs.

>thread on Cred Forums gets over 9000 upvotes
ok, you win, take my upvoate

>a california man is arrested for growing his own vegetables without a permit
Are you sure this is 2050 and not 2016?

stop encryption of everything online even bank data

>this strawman again

You're right, except the point with Denuvo wasn't that it couldn't be cracked, it was that it would take some time. During that time most of the sales are made, so it doesn't really matter if the game is cracked 1-2 month after release since it doesn't sell much anymore.

I'd say that encryption is at its base Math. Its neither good nor bad, it just is. Derivation was probably used for some kind of bad shit, does it means derivation is bad ?
Also posting in bait thread

too fucking old

>gnu/hurd still in alpha

In a near future you shold pay for use https in a verizon connection.

This bait thread has been going on daily for several days. This isn't a bait thread, it's an organized raid by shills.

>everything I don't agree with is bait/shilling
Grow up.

Fuck off, Ahmed.

>he doesn't announce his name, address, phone number, social security, and list of personal fears when he walks out into public

>must be a dirty pedo-terrorist!

Nobody wants to molest your fat, ugly kids anyway.

> tfw nobody wants to molest your fat, ugly ki

he's a shill, you can't convince him, but it's still great to clarify things so that others who read their lies are not led astray

>strawmanning intensifies
What part of WARRANT didn't you get, you pedo goatfucker?

>>Microsoft announces the next version of Windows360 will have a new feature called "PersonalEncryption" which allows the user to encrypt their files on the cIoud through a legal loophole which stipulates that Microsoft and the government must have the encryption keys; mainstream media hails this as a great privacy feature
Windows 10 already does this, it even says so, they """"backup"""" your encryption key in the cloud so you can't lose your data. How nice of them amiright :^)

nice try NSA

i´d rather they offered an unlimited cloud for "OS backups" that can be used freely