Tfw on Android 7.0

>tfw on Android 7.0
>tfw Cred Forums will never ever know what it feels like to update you system

Other urls found in this thread:

networkworld.com/article/2174973/smartphones/apple-reveals-unprecedented-details-in-ios-security.html
blog.cryptographyengineering.com/2016/08/13/is-apples-cloud-key-vault-crypto/
washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-paid-professional-hackers-one-time-fee-to-crack-san-bernardino-iphone/2016/04/12/5397814a-00de-11e6-9d36-33d198ea26c5_story.html
opengapps.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have an iPhone, so I do.

My phone just got the new update today.
To 6.0

>updating your system to the latest info tracking, rights removing, drm inducing, root inhibiting hunk of garbage

wow really miss that feel!

What phone?

I'm using CyanogenMod.

>iPhone
Just please don't tell me you got the 7

Then what are you doing here? Why don't you go to /fa/ or /lgbt/. iPhones aren't techie phones, one can't even get root permissions on those toys for ape-tier minded ones.

xD

>tfw nexus 6
>supposed to be one of the first to get updates
>still no nougat

I'm thinking I might just buy a 5X once the pixel phones come out and the price drops.

5x running Nougat

>nougat
>still has app drawer
???

CM nightly, I sure do know how it feels to update my phone.

Definitely running 7.0

ZTE Warp Elite user here, I know that feel. I get OTA updates every few months.

Please stop this "Android never gets updates" meme. It's really really stale.

Love the small first drop down. It's so much easier to turn my flashlight on and off

>nightly

Never again. Snapshots only for me.

How's the battery life compared to 6.0?

I get a pretty good battery life. Especially with improved doze. Pic related, the line with little to no usage was when I was sleeping last night. I only lose 3-5% after 9 hours sleep.

>not using android n-ify

This.

>fagdroids are lucky to get 18 months of updates
>iPhones get 5 years of security and feature updates

Why buy an inferior product?

>not being on actual N
top pleb

I hope the $700 you paid for your Samsung S Note J Ace Meme 12 X was well worth having that version number in your phone's About panel.

I paid $200 for my 5X and get Android updates as soon as they're released.
So, those grapes sure are sour, huh?

Do you also install OSX-like DEs on your Linux distros? Fucking faggot

>he thinks i install that shit onto my px
I did it because I see no reason, besides multi-window (which I don't really need) to justify an upgrade to N, plus Custom ROMs for my device not being available.
Also wasted quints.

see and pic related

*pc

Yikes

Project much about your cyanogen secret society?

>iphone
>security
I love this meme

this

Apple uses nCipher HSMs

Google uses nothing

IOS is the only OS a retard can chip off the flash from, get a clue retard

What about all the software and hardware backdoors on iPhones? Doesn't that make encryption a joke on them. I know a few backdoors that can give me partial or full access to an iPhone 6 and 6S btw.

>yfw Android users can't even make it through an article let alone read a white paper

networkworld.com/article/2174973/smartphones/apple-reveals-unprecedented-details-in-ios-security.html

iOS is basically Fort Knox and Android is Swiss cheese

see and pic related

God, how much is apple paying you? iOS is literally one of tye most insecure mobile OS to date.

let me know when Google starts managing passwords with HSMs

blog.cryptographyengineering.com/2016/08/13/is-apples-cloud-key-vault-crypto/

"A key assertion I’ve heard is that if Apple can do this, then surely they can do something similar to escrow your keys for law enforcement. But looking at the system shows isn’t true at all."

Quantity is not Quality

Android has small number of exploits giving full root on millions of phones

iOS has small ticky tacky shit that gets fixed in a day because billions of eyes are scouring the code.

Wow big surprise.

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-paid-professional-hackers-one-time-fee-to-crack-san-bernardino-iphone/2016/04/12/5397814a-00de-11e6-9d36-33d198ea26c5_story.html

Thank you rupee, 5 panjeets have been deposited into your account.

>mfw my iPhone 5 still receives updates and it's still smooth as fuck.

This. What the fuck are these niggers doing? Every other google device has N7 except the nexus 6. I've been on the beta for months now.

>fastest storage speed
>CPU and GPU that no android or windows phone can even match the year old 6S
>best LCD screen on the market, near perfect according to Displaymate
>is both easy to use and secure with regular updates

Literally the only downside is you can't rice the home screen. Everything else is near perfect

>Best LCD
Enjoy your sub-par LCD while the rest of the world uses OLED and AMOLED for superior colors, brightness, resolution, and battery consumption.

I got Marshmallow just last month, so I know what system updates feel like.

The Samsung S6 (and later) storage is (probably) faster than iPhone 6S/7, because the testing measures won't multithread on the iOS platform and the S6 (and later) gain a lot of performance from multithreading.

iPhones have the best LCD screens on the market according to Displaymate, but Samsung AMOLEDs are THE best mobile displays on the market, according to Displaymate

>Andrones bash iPhone for years for having buggy, beta features FIRST
>Then they start celebrating OTA updates, acting as though it hasn't been an iPhone feature since iOS 5

>Andrones still voluntarily flash Cyanogen-shit, a rice ROM supported by Indian teenagers and fat, unemployed neckbeards on XDA

I've been using iPhones since the original one in 2007. Haven't regretted that choice ever since. Get on my level, droid-plebs.

>the crapple cucks are also the pathetic weebs
Not at all surprised

>attacks poster based on anime reaction image rather than directly addressing the argument
Not surprised, either.

Your argument was that you had a feature first, which is honestly something I couldn't care less about. I don't live in 2007, so why should I care who had what first 9 years ago, when they both have it now? Omg Linux 2.6 doesn't support USB 3.0! What will I ever do?

Also I don't know how you bitch at others for not presenting totally formal counter-points when the extent of your criticism of CM is a Cred Forums-tier antic about "le pajeets xD".

Kitkat4life

>best LCD screen on the market
That's like saying you have the best floppy disk. Yay, I guess.

>he posts the old iphone 6 without fingerprint sensor being cracked

ouch, maybe try one that's current. embarrassed for you honestly.

>battery consumption

yes Android does use a battery very quickly, 3 hours of screen time is aveage vs at leasy 7-8 on ios.

that's a lot of autism for one post

try to spread it out a bit

Still using my old Galaxy s2. When am I getting updates?

Who cares about the average? The Redmi Note 3 Pro has 8 hours while costing a fraction of what an iPhone costs.

>le autism xDD
Not an argument.

>zero counter-points

>implying your os wasn't coded by pajeets

It was probably Motorola's task and they probably didn't want to maintain it after Lenovo bought it out.

You're right, I won't know how it feels to upgrade to Android 7. Mainly because I don't use Android.

Pajeet got triggered hard. I bet you use Windows too.

probably a custom launcher

wait did they take out the app drawer?

There's an Xposed module called Android N-ify and it replaces your quick settings beside other things, but I've always been struggling to turn my WiFi on and off with the new status bar, so I decided to disable the module. The WiFi toggle is not close enough to turn it off single-handedly on my S5.

I read that Nougat fucks up battery life for the 6p. Has this been fixed?

I will stick with the 6.0 on my redmeme until cm14 is stable

>still no stable Nougat ROM for Nexus 5

Fucking curryniggers let me down.

Theme? One of the nicest looking dark themes I've seen.

Seriously though, I don't get why Google jumped from 5.0 to 7.0 with little to no important features

Because of Android 65 and 68

change just for the sake or changing something. my wife's adopted daughter trashed her iphone because no slide to unlock

120€ phone here. 7.5h sot average.

>tfw 2nd gen android one device
>updates direct from google
>without the cuckoldry
wileyfox swift is amazing

This

Fucking poos man

Google held the update for 6p until they could straighten out the battery problems.

I've had Android 7 running on my 6p for almost a week now. I haven't noticed any battery problems.

Holo yolo

Can fucking guarantee its because its Motorola.

Cool. I'm going to update then.

Damn son. I'm at 33℅ with 5hrs left

How do you do it?

I dunno, I guess I just use my phone less often than you.

Update on battery life btw

>implying this is impressive
Android 6 here on DU. Pic related.

Are you using stable or nightly? If it's nightly, is it stable?

That makes sense. I'm on Clover Everytime I have a couple minutes free

It was a 5c

I can wait for my custom ROM to release nightlies.
Else stock would be a downgrade, no matter what.

I'm jelly

>won't get Nougat until November

T-thanks

>expecting an itoddler to have and ounce of intelligence
topjej

>He has to wait for his mobile carrier to shit up his OS with preinstalled bloatware before he can get a critical security update
Feels good to use Fi.

>tfw phone won't be getting nougat

It's fine, really though. Really it's fine I wanted to go buy a new phone. It's not like I haven't been looking for one anyway.

[spoiler]Fuck.[/spoiler]

What gives? S7 Edge,
Sprint.

Don't you have to fuck up badly to get your account or phone hacked?

I'm sorry, I don't use a tracking device

>I'm sorry
You sure will be sorry when you need to call 911 because of an emergency and you don't have a landline nearby.

When is my Nexus 6 going to get it

Mine barely got the 5.1.1 update.

I've been running Nougat for a while.

>Nexus 6P
>God-Tier Phone

Based user. Glad I didn't fall for the bending memes and got a 6p

>what it feels like to update you system

>disabling encryption before each update
>camera and mic is still broken
>apps are still crashing
>no exposed for nougat, lots of broken software
>even more pajeet malware

>root inhibiting
I'm on CM14 (Android 7.0) on my Moto G 2014 and I have root.

>not using emoji switcher (root) for choice in your emojis

>my autism is so severe I can't even do a software update

Wew lad

Start reporting those posts. There's like 3 samefag autists derailing Apple threads lately. I've fucking had it with this shit.

To be fair I have it in a Unicorn Beetle case... It's very thin...

looking how apple updates their device he could still have the iphone 5 (2012) and would be up to date... unlike the galaxy s3 from the same era

Has anyone installed xposed for Nougat?
Is gravity running in it?
Any issues with other modules.

How does it feel to cherry pick? You give android users a bad name.

I wouldn't, there's no xposed framework on 7.0

>HTC Desire 626
>Verizon locked down the phone hard, no root possible
>For some unknown reason, Verizon and AT&T users are stuck at 5.1 while other carriers carrying the same device
have 6.0

What the fuck.

>amoled uses less battery
I love this meme

Wait what happened to android 5 and 6?

>Oh would you look at that. Most vulnerabilities are discovered on most used devices

I don't get why people cite these

>tfw still on 4.4.4
>tfw I don't care

ok

>Most vulnerabilities are discovered on most used devices
Then why does windows has less vulnerabilities discovered than linux when it's like 50x as popular?

no one cares about your moms facebook password.
Enterprises use Linux.
Embedded devices that are all the rage now uses Linux.
This is not meme.

fake and gay

this desu senpai

uhhh...

Nice meme

Every, I repeat every, enterprise will have windows server(s).
Not every enterprise will have Linus servers.

I work all day long with AIX systems but we still need that domain controller.
Exchange is prevalent as well.

Once you stop being a "computer guy" and start actually working in the field you'll understand.

>first row, third column
I fucking hate that emoji

k I fucked up somewhere there. But I mean it makes sense. Further thinking it could be this. Linux is open source and in open source community discovering and publicizing vulnerabilities are highly encouraged. Maybe windows vulnerabilities are not disclosed and stay private since only people looking for vulnerabilities on it do it for vile purposes?

Where'd you get cm14 for the G2 my man?

Why is this a webm thou

To upset itoddlers.

I have worked in the field, at both Linux shops and at windows shops. Windows shops are always a clusterfuck of half-implemented outsourced garbage and Linux shops are well oiled machines that just work.

It's not my fault that you make your living off of managing half implemented cluster fucks. There aren't as many Linux jobs available in IT because everything just works so well that they don't need large teams.

Stealing your passwords is not as valuable as stealing the database that holds it. Complex privilege escalation exploits are also fairly pointless when you can just ask the user to willingly click a button that installs malware.

I am so fucking triggered by your slew of notifications

On XDA. Its an unofficial early build.

I've still got that naggy. I just haven't update....running elementalX. and shits so fucking cash McGash....on fuc**in' mallow, why fellow? I'm parked on this one. damn decisions...

you just might wanna

I'm on the beta though...

7.0 custom rom on my nexus 6

Do elementalX, user

k

>that banner

I run pacman -Syu every two hours

My nigger

>NUTTY
>NEXUS
lost

They're going to remove the button on the new Pixel phones running 7.1. You swipe up instead.

How stable is that? I'm getting sick of waiting for Google to push the final version.

Mfw sold 5x and bought the OP3

No 7.0 ever

OnePlus team said they are "actively working" on 7.0 in a AMA yesterday.

all valid cell fone traits....lmwao

This is an 18+ website

Just flashed to cyanogen. How do I stop google services and google play store? Is there an alternative I still want to use tinder, maps and other apps
Also should I still use a battery saving app?

just a newblike q for ya. Is your setups battery depletion with.....how many apps running in bg.. I'm not sure how to ask this as in..I don't think if you're here, you're running grinder in the bg/lol/sory/ but, only chrome and a few basics/app load? I apologize in adv. but this is my question.

honesty lack of..grapes ripen fast... So....

If you've the time to elaborate...pix didn't even happen on tat price....Rounding to teh nearest $100 ain't flying

>Mfw sold 5x and bought the OP3

I have an android 6P. This new update slowed my phone down to a crawl. Plus all the minor inconveniences like have to drag the menu all the way down to see how much battery life is left in my phone.

google services should be off by default unless you flash the gapps.
opengapps.org/

>Liking apple emoticons

fuck off

Just flashed cm 13
>tfw cm 12 looked better

>liking any emoji other than apples