How much mental gymnastics, buyers remorse, and post purchase rationalization does it take to be an AMD fanboy?

How much mental gymnastics, buyers remorse, and post purchase rationalization does it take to be an AMD fanboy?

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/en-gb/products/graphics/desktop/r9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

none.

i like their products, and i'm not a gaymer faggot. it's pretty simple.

But gayming is all theyre good for
they dont have drivers for opengl and most stuff is cuda optimized which means nothing uses their shit

5 poos have been deposited into your mouth panjeet

Just a little less than that of a desktop Linux user.

I don't understand, they have good cards at competitive prices. What's not to like?

AMD has an anime girl mascot, nvidia doesn't. What more reasoning do you want?

not much. the products are good enough and I find Nvidia a repugnant enough entity that I don't care about the marginally higher power draws.

> not yuropoor anyway so it doesn't matter

Also, the retarded nvidia faggots who think they'll "win" if their company became a monopoly make me not want to be associated with them even more.

mfw AMD fanboy with a GTX 1080

but you dont purchase Linux

Haven't any problems with my 390X 8GB OC !!

but really no problems I only play WoW nothing else next upgrade will be 2 RX 480's 8GB

>marginally
RX480 uses same amount of power as a GTX 1080 at less than half the performance

Linux is only free if your time is worth nothing. As a time sink OS its use does need to be justified.

>I've never used GNU/Linux and I want to post memes

>don't have drivers for opengl
>opengl
>what is AMD OpenGL zone

Nigga you are retarded. AMD is a regular contributor to the OpenGL ARB. The fuck out of here with your bullshit.

I'm sold on never buying AMD again, thanks

There is no such thing as an AMD fanboy. There's people who buy AMD, then see other people who bought products of comparable performance for twice the price, and they make fun of them.

>time sink OS
Installing and setting up linux takes less time than Windows.

Finding and installing software takes less time than it does in Windows.

What part of Linux, exactly, is a time sink? I have a full time job, a busy uni schedule, and a social life and I find that Linux gives me *more* time to do stuff I enjoy at my computer in my free time. It runs faster, more stable, and when it's time for updates I don't even have to reboot my computer.

Good.

rx480 = 150w, 1060 = 120w, 1070 = 150w, and 1080 = 180w.

not enough for a normal person to care about.
maybe if you had a mini ITX build or something.

can you buy amd and not be a fan boy w/o shitting on it every day?

>same for green team.

>Linux is only free if your time is worth nothing

the "x is only worth doing if your time is worthless" argument is bs. You have to have some free time in which you are doing nothing productive i.e. poasting on fore clam. There is no way you are utilizing every hour you are awake to making money.

People who have this mentality are terrible.
>Oh i don't change my oil because time is money and i got shit to do. I also have a guy i pay to do it for me.
>be guy that helps friend with oil changes
>ask him what he's gonna do while I change his oil
>"ill just chill dude"
>>not making calls
>>not studying
>>not doing anything that will monetize his time
>>just wasting time while i change his oil
>>paying me 20 bucks on top of his supply costs
>>it would cost him 20 bucks if he did it himself.
>>>he is just lazy and doesn't want to get oil under his finger nails.

AMD is fine, I guess. I've had AMD cpus and gpus that performed perfectly fine. It does seem like they lag behind in performance in comparison to similar intel/NVidia products though. But, they're typically cheaper than their counterparts.

>Arch Linux is only free if your time is worth nothing. As a time sink OS its use does need to be justified.
FTFY

U dumb

None...I just have to hate Intel's massive abuse of the h1b visa system.

That's all I'll ever need to buy AMD and avoid Intel like the fuck9ng plague.

>Instead of drinking a nice cup of coffee, you could be slaving out in the fields growing coffee beans! Because that's the same thing!

The purpose of an OS is to run programs. If your OS is getting in the way of that, you're doing it wrong.

>food analogy

How many shekels does it take to become an nvidia shill?

Enough to buy a Nvidia card.

>no ogl 4.5 driver support

amd.com/en-gb/products/graphics/desktop/r9
>Take advantage of full support for DirectX® 12, Vulkan™, OpenGL® 4.5 and Mantle.6,7,8

>amd has no OpenGL 4.5 support

>All of these faggots shitting on GNU/Linux

I double dare all of you niggers to do software development exclusively on a Windows machine.

Of course that's assuming you faggots actually know how to program instead of just being worthless fucking NEETs