Is there any reason to choose nvidia over AMD beside proprietary Linux drivers?

Is there any reason to choose nvidia over AMD beside proprietary Linux drivers?

Other urls found in this thread:

chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/5489522
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

Apparently the 480 outdoes the 1060 in a few more titles but if you want anything more powerful, no. Not at the moment anyhow.

Use less power
Nvidia private drivers are great, doesn't matter that they aren't open source, imo

G-sync, shadowplay

>people are unironically replying to an nvidia vs amd thread

He mentioned lunix so he's not going to play any of those titles any time soon.

To answer OP's question: If you need a OpenCL workhorse go for AMD if you do CUDA things go Nvidia.

Not really, but honestly I do wish I had something better for linux than my current AMD GPU.

GPUs are idle most of the time and they use like 10W during idle, who gives a damn about a few watts.

s å u c e please

i like lolis and also amd

As an Amd user i can say,"fuck you AMD, fix your drivers".
Yet AMDs prices are just to good.
Perhaps Nvidia card may be better than AMD but Nvidias prices are just to shitty,for the price/performance.

So i will always choose AMD over Nvidia.

amada is a top tier whyfoo

>CUVID
>CUDA

It's pronounced without the "oo".

>why pay slightly more for a new car when I can just get a shitty broken one off of craigslist for cheap? its got better price/performance!

of course you pay out the ass fixing the broken car, just like you pay for AMD with your power bill and time wasted by shitty drivers

At least his car doesn't explode or suddenly breaks apart after a OTA update.

who this semen demon

this please

Proprietary Linux drivers are a reason not to choose Nvidia.

this one was pretty easy. still can't find OP thought

While proprietary drivers from NVIDIA give good performance on linux compared to windows (given the port of the game is well done) i have to support on this one. If you are a linux user or a freetard you should focus on which open source drivers are better, but who can blame you if you don't care about any of this.

Intel drivers just werk on linux.

Unless you have Skylake or Broadwell and up on a laptop.

Fact is that Intel has been very slow on drivers the last 2 gens unlike with Haswell and older stuff.

Yes this is true, but its performance (in games) on linux compared to windows is bad, also the performance is bad overall. With that said i prefer to use my Ubuntu laptop with the intel card instead of the nvidia driver , because vsync.

Making the GPU depend on their firmware blob gave them control and now they can slack off.

Does the A in AMD stand for anime?

>Anger
>Madness
>Despair

Everything that meets people who wait for their products in the exact chronological order. But really i cant forgive myself for not buying a r9 280 instead of a gtx 760, if someone wants to tell me im a shill.

yes

inspiring waitfagging

She has bad teeth

holy shit, i simply opened amd-related picture and saw loads of bad pixels
the power of amd, i guess

I finally found it fuck you guys

the power of Mimi
shit app desu

please

not even that hard with boorus tag search
you're just dumb

you use that as a last resort you nincompoop
i mean i found it on the first page using the obvious tags but going through 70 pages of shit does not sound that appealing to me if you can use normal methods and chink/russian magic

the fang is for added pleasure

>teeth for pleasure
let me tell you about this one time when my frenulum got stuck between bitch teeth

why do you think foot massagers and dildos sometimes have little stubs on them? Its something like that but in her mouth

how 'bout you drop a link?

I will send you my love energy if you do.

777 gets the jackpot
chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/5489522

I didn't even notice. Right on.

Thanks

>Is there any reason to choose nvidia over AMD beside proprietary Linux drivers?
If you have no budget limitations and are willing to pay twice as much money for a 2% increase in performance.

I'd say its more like 10-15% increase

But yes, for 50-100% more money.

Amada!

The proprietary GNU/Linux driver is actually what has led to me hating nvidia and planning to support AMD in the future. Aside from Steam, the nvidia driver is the buggiest thing I run on my computers.

AMD supporting their free driver will hopefully lead to great things in the future, leading them to outdo nvidia. Hopefully we can also get vulkan taking off at the same time and gaming on GNU/Linux will improve a lot.

Gsync, proprietary, hardware based so more expensive, shadowplay is based though but only faggots record their gameplay.

>Gsync, proprietary, hardware based so more expensive

You forgot the part where it works at all FPS ranges and isn't a random rollercoaster of functional ranges that vary by manufacturer and panel model.

But hey, you freetards get what you pay for.

and you forgot the part where gsync causes noticeable input lag :^)

I want to fuck anime girls

>Aside from Steam, the nvidia driver is the buggiest thing I run on my computers.

Pic related. Maybe your distro sucks or you are just not good enough with computers :)

If at least two of the following apply to you, you might consider being an AMDfag:

> you care about one of the half-dozen games with competent DX12/Vulkan engines (i.e., Doom)
> you're only looking in the $150-$250 bracket or not buying anything until Spring
> higher power draw doesn't bother you
> you hate Nvidia for all their proprietary kikery

also AMADA

Or it mean Age-related Macular Degeneration, an eye disease.

>Screen recording
>Less power consumption
>The fact that my local Fry's electronics can't sell any so they sell them for marginally cheaper than amd

wtf I love amd now

Nothing AMD has is 1080 tier. At least, not yet.

That said, I kinda went autismo and went with RX480's because I specifically didn't want DVI.

Fucking jump in lava

haha i get
both amd and lolis are hot as fuck

Performance, power efficiency and less noise?

I honestly could not give a shit about "muh proprietary". It's their product. No one forces you to buy it.

This whole obsession with open source is so passive-aggressive

Open source - you innovate something and everyone else has the opportunity to improve on it

Proprietary - muh secret club, monopolistic practices, lots of jewing etc etc

simple stuff

Nvidia's proprietary Gsync is the reason why you gotta pay double the price for a monitor with adaptive sync. I guess if you enjoy being fucked in the ass that's a good thing.

>muh monopolistic practices

>Pay money to develop technology
>BAWWWWWW WHY DON'T THEY LICENSE IT FOR FREE

xD

>Literally making your own Adaptive Sync so you can charge double the price for the same shit

>BAWWWW WHY CANT WE DO THAT

You're a pretty good goy.

(you)

Same, nvidia can't into multi-monitors at all. Switch to amd last month.

Isn't G-Sync supposed to be better though because of the chip they put in monitors? Hasn't G-Sync been proven to have less input lag than Freesync? In that case you can't say they're completely ripping you off for the same thing, although I agree it's a little overpriced.

If they weren't ripping you off they'd put support for Adaptive Sync, too. Same way Macs still let you boot Windows.

But no, you gotta pay literally double for muh Gaymer monitor. Even fucking Intel's using Adaptive Sync now.

>BAWWWW GIVE ME FREE SHIT REEEEEEEE

>HUANG GIVE ME YOUR SWEET 3.5 INCH COCK PLEASE

It's just a DRM-Chip.

>One guy pays $200 for monitor

>Other guy pays $1000 for monitor that does the same thing but for his system

>"lol dude stop begging for free shit lol just deal with it, its just the way it is man, ive got the superior tech bro"

>does the same thing
Get the cheaper one then.

>How come non-bankrupt companies need to not give their shit away for free to be profitable?

Oh kek

asynchronous shaders
/thread

>meme technology

lol !