/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Xiaomi Mi5s and Mi5s Plus announced: Snapdragon 821, 6GB RAM, Ultrasonic Fingerprint Reader, 3800mAh for under $300
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_launches_mi_5s_and_mi_5s_plus-news-20730.php

Alleged official render of the Google Pixel appears
gsmarena.com/alleged_official_render_of_the_google_pixel_with_no_home_sensor_button-news-20716.php

Huawei's Mate 9 flagship spotted in numerous colors with dual Leica cameras
phonearena.com/news/Huaweis-Mate-9-flagship-spotted-in-numerous-colors-with-dual-Leica-cameras_id85886

Moto Z Family and Moto G4 Getting Nougat in Q4
droid-life.com/2016/09/27/moto-z-moto-g4-nougat-update-release-date-q4/

Huawei Honor 6X is coming; SD625, dual-camera, metallic device set to launch in October 18
gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_6x_to_launch_on_october_18-news-20712.php

BLU Life One X2 launches with SD430, 1080p screen, 16 MP camera for $149.99
gsmarena.com/blu_life_one_x2_launches_with_1080p_screen_16_mp_camera_for_14999-news-20657.php

iPhone 7 vs Galaxy S7 vs Nexus 6P - Low Light & Night Shooting
youtube.com/watch?v=27IhB8MD_Os

old

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/the-g5s-build-quality-issues-and-misleading-marketing-take-away-from-the-merit-of-its-virtues/
forum.xda-developers.com/htc-10/development
htc.com/us/support/rom-downloads.html
spectrumgateway.com/compatible-phones
dicksmith.com.au/da/buy/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-32gb-black-samsung/
download.cyanogenmod.org/
vocaroo.com/i/s1S3mNza9DE7
kimovil.com/en/compare/xiaomi-redmi-3s-3gb-32-gb,xiaomi-redmi-pro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

RN3P here.
Just installed Cyanogenmod, is there any danger with installing the updated?

Second for Note 7 housefires

Third for Bendxus 6p

>Snapdragon 650
>Snapdragon 625
>Snapdragon 430

How are these ranked?

Isnt it like the best phone u can get rn doe

LG G5 here. Enjoy your shitphones from China, pleb shills.

bigger the number the better the chipset.

Enjoy your build quality.
xda-developers.com/the-g5s-build-quality-issues-and-misleading-marketing-take-away-from-the-merit-of-its-virtues/

Should I get Note 7 or wait until s8

Getting my first smartphone soon. Is there a picture/info on what the good apps are for each task? Talking about browsers and email and what not.

If you can wait, S8, if you need it now, S7 or S7 Edge, literally the same phone but without the pen.

>Be user
>Post link citing build issues relating to full >metal frame, dropping issues causing >chipping, and unseamless lines with >removable battery housing

Here's my reply: buy an OtterBox defender like i did. Only issue with this phone is battery life and Gps issues which is easily fixed with a canned air bottle and some micro screw drivers.

Next shill argument please. DING!

Enjoy your bootloops fuckwit gook.

What do we know about the S8 so far

Those build quality issues are due to manufacturing processes, not due to hitting them.

>DING!
>!
Please restrain from talking like a redditor.

I desperately need a phone but if Samsung releases the s8 this year in an attempt to make up for the note 7 I would be devastated

No boot loops for me. That's certain models and very limited. You don't know what you're talking about faggot

I want to get a phone for £500 or less, must have sd card slot. So far as I can tell its between the G5 and HTC 10, which should I get?

And you can't buy bumpers for chinkphones or what's your point?

If you buy a S7 Edge now, and the S8 comes out, do you think you'd really need the extra horsepower of the S8?

Update wise, you can always get Cyanogenmod, and I really doubt the S8 is some kind of breakthrough in battery life.

Not to mention that the S8's ROM will probably get ported to the S7 Edge, just like the Note 7 ROM got ported to the S7's too.

>$120 to get my screen replaced on my sony z3
or
>new phone

what do?

hows the Cat S60?

It's refrain, not restrain, idiot. The article very clearly said the chipping was from drop force. Learn to read.

That's your fault for buying a shit Chinese phone.

specs look really good except for pixel density on Mi5Plus. I have the N 6P now. What do you think
?

I have 3 covers for my chinkphone though.

Shit's extremely satisfying. Using as a reader/navigation mostly, no games.

Regular S7 Exynos.

I was going to purchase a note7 or an s7edge. But then I heard a rumor that the new s8edge was going to have 4k screen's. Do you guys believe this is possible. I want 4k screen in the phone so I can enjoy VR without pixels. Since 4k is supposedly equivalent to 1080p in VR

Also I didn't grab the Sony smartphone with the 4k screen because of the overheating cpu problem

Can any fellow Canada fags confirm that a oneplusx works up here? More specifically on MTS. Thanks

Can't decide if I should wait or get a new phone. Anything worth getting right now? Currently you have LG G3 on Verizon, US

How do you take a screenshot on Marshmallow without installing a separate app?

There are like hundreds of different types for every phone.

Axon 7. It has some meme features but awesome phone overall, and it cost ~$400

>tfw you got a HTC 10 and aren't regretting it one bit.

Hey so my dad (who is a IT tech worker) needs to get a new phone. His current one is old and is apple shit.
We bit the bullet and went full mint distros with our desktop/laptop systems. I also want him to save money too. Right now we are both on a verizon plan I have a note 4 that I am paying off. I regret doing that because I know now I can get the same functionality for $100-200 dollar phone and not be a bitch to Verizon and their payment plans.

Basically what I am asking is what smart phone would the ultra savvy and thrifty Cred Forums user go for? and I guess (well my plan is) flash a custom OS like Cyanogen and gut that bloatware. On the same note for future choices, do most people here go with a pre-paid plan or a monthly?

hold power+volume down

Iphone 6 Jailbroken here. Was looking to upgrade to the HTC 10. I love a JB iphone but the hardware is showing it's age compared to these Android flagships. If I even open up a picture thats too hi-res it crashes my apps because 1gb of RAM. I'm fed up with Apple. What do you think of the HTC 10 so far?

kek not even my shitty 1gb lagdroid does this what the fug

It's completely fine.
HTC is very underrated in my opinion.
For high end Androids go for either the HTC 10, or Galaxy S7, no need for it to be the Edge one.

Are you big into tweaks and ricing for android, does the HTC have a big scene?

N E X U S 6
E
X
U
S

forum.xda-developers.com/htc-10/development

That's only a section dedicated to ROMs for the HTC 10.

For Android, as long as the phone has a Qualcomm or Exynos CPU, it probably has some ROM available.
If it's one of the big ones, it definatly has many.

Are there any phones better than a new, unlocked 32GB LG G3 for $148?

>tfw need a nice phone because normans make fun of my smashed galaxy s3
>tfw nothing but samshits and applels in my country and any othe phone is made fun of :~(
i just want a nice phone

Thanks.

What country

iraq

shiieet... Don't you still have a import ban from like half the world or something.

Why didn't you go through with the mama merkel invitation?

I could get a phone wired for a little bit extra over its price or from a ""friend"" outside but everyone thinks if its not samsung or applel its bad which is the problem
also can legally live in canada but i dont want to for now

What are the most recent phones with sd card slots?

I have a galaxy s4 and i'm tired of having such a small amt of space.

S7 exynos or S7 edge exynos, gonna buy one right now. which?

Edge: 3600 mah battery, stupid screen
s7: regular screen but only 3000 mah battery.

You don't need an sd card slot if you just want more storage. Just buy a 256GB phone.

I have a 128gb sd card tho.

Would jumping from something like 64gb to 256 be a big jump in price. I'm poor dude.

A replacing the screen on a z3 isn't a good idea, it's easy but the whole back and front is glued in place. Glued parts act funny sometimes after repairs and that would be it for the water resistance unless the guy is very-very pro. Oh and btw 120 for a 30-50 dollar screen plus work fee is a bit too much.
should be 80 tbqh.

I would just buy a new phone

In order of the way you wrote them, they go from most powerful to least powerful.

Wanting to buy the note 7 but all these delays and reports of batteries still not working are making me think about another phones, any suggestions? Currently looking at the huawei mate 8

I keep dropping my phone and the screen/phones keep breaking

what phone isnt a piece of shit?

What are the pros and cons of buying a Windows phone?

more intuitive ui
better windows 10 connectivity
can't think of much else

Stop caring what other people think.

It's like iOS with less apps and uglier

Ive already bought it, Thats pretty much the reasons I got it, bought a lot of things i have problems with. Many apps are poorly designed and very buggy. If youre a normie that wants snapchat then youre in for a bad time, but i dont really care. Syncing with OneNote very easily is nice. Being able to press a button and go straight to a certain website or a specific board on Cred Forums, specific page on a certain app is nice. Also the parts to replace it are incredibly cheap. I broke the screen two weeks ago, just bought a chink version of the screen and was easily able to replace it. Took me like 15 minutes to do and I was very slow and careful about it.

What are some popular Android benchmarks??

fuck it, bought the regular s7, edge screen was just too stupid for me

I've had the Mate7 and I really liked it, judging by reviews Mate 8 seems to be very much more of the same:

>Amazing screen to body ratio. Feels much smaller than a 6" phone should
>Great build quality
>Powerful CPU, weak GPU but only matters if you are into mobile gaymen
>Very fast for web browsing/moving through the UI
>Held back by non-aesthetic chinkyrom that bombards you with notifications about battery and data use of apps. You can get around this with themes and tweaks

Hey, so I was transferring some pics from my phone to my SD card in my Galaxy S5 which is just about done with its life. At about 82% of the transfer it froze. I am unable to check photos due to glitch going on with my phone. Did I lose all the pics I was transferring or only the ones that weren't transferred at the 82% mark

Is there a reason that Sony's phones never get much discussion here? I'm debating between the Z5C and the new X line but no one ever brings it up! Are they shit or something?

ya it's a good product for anyone who doesn't need a ton of shit (ie snapchat) but it does it well enough so that you don't have to think about it too much. apps are VERY buggy but you'll live.

i just got an android like a week ago and i switched. i really do miss a ton of things that were on there tho.

Does anyone else have problem with AliExpress?
They keep closing my orders.

>Z5C
is a year old. don't buy at full price. apparently heats up a bit because of the 810
>x compact
feels like not a proper upgrade "side grade". shoulda been a 820 processor instead of the 650 like we go. removed waterproofing and 4k video.
camera barely makes up the loss.

I meant less repairments or accessories if the phone breaks or something

/spg/ what the fuck is it with all of the iPhone 7 Screen Protectors for sale?

NONE of them fit. Even from known brands like Zagg and Belkin (Belkin is literally sold in the fucking Apple store) the screen protectors they make don't fit the phone correctly.

How do you colossally fuck up so bad that even the screen protector Apple sells in their own store doesn't fit their product correctly?

The same problems exists for every other screen protector maker. If you look on amazon at any iPhone 7 screen protectors, there will be reviews on every single one saying it doesn't fit right.

2.5D glass meme

Moto Droid Turbo 2 or X Force.
>inb4 nokia meme

Throw that piece of shit iTodder toy into the trash and get a real phone, you fucking retard.

moto g4, moto z

I'm pretty content with my iToddlerToy. I just need something that does the simple things and doesn't lag/break down after 2 years. Plus, I got the iPhone 7 for free, so it's pretty tough to turn down free.

when's the next phone with a slide out landscape keyboard coming out?

I see, thanks for the info friendo!

sadly a verizon exlusive..

though I should honestly get off my parents plan on Tmobile

maybe I will, but I dont know if Verizon is the best out there..

I do like what ive read about the motorolla phones.. do you have one and attest to it?

>Plus, I got the iPhone 7 for free, so it's pretty tough to turn down free.
Then it should be even easier for you to throw it away. Again, go get a real fucking phone, because that iShit will lag and break down within 2 years.

What's Redmi Note 3 Pro Android's version?

I'm not sure if it's 5.something or 6. Don't know what's the difference between them, so if anyone can clarify them, it'd be neat.

I've owned an equal amount of Android phones and iPhones. Every iPhone I've had has always lasted me 2 years, ran just as fast as the day I got it. Every Android I've had ran beautifully for a year and then by the end of the second year would have a horribly crippled battery life, and everything slows down. It's a shame since I do like the customization aspect of Android a lot more than iOS, but iOS has just always been more stable for me.

>>>/reddit/
We don't take your kind here.

Are you that sad and autistic that you would literally throw a temper tantrum because someone owns a phone you don't like?

wew lad, I knew I shouldn't be surprised all things considered but...

I don't own a Moto X Force, but I do own a Moto G3 and an E2 and I can say that Lelnovorola makes good phones. My only complaint is that the E2 freezes a lot, but it's a budget phone, not a high-end one. So, yeah, I do trust motorola with their smartphones.

Just flash CM13 and CM14 when it's stable. Don't use MIUI, it's shit

Got a note 7 corporate deal for 0$ but its never getting here
Considering asking for s7 edge as long as I pay 0$.
I really like the note 7 design and bigger screen though... do you guys think the pen is useful?

So apparently a new Note 7 model with the new battery blew up in China.

I really wanted a Note 7, but it looks like I can't trust Samsung anymore.

What's a good phablet comparable to the Note 7 that doesn't explode?

>iOS
>more stable
Enjoying your planned obsolescence?

Enjoying how shit each new OS iteration runs on your previous year model?

You sure told him, iPajeet!

My guess is slightly curved edges. Galaxy phones also have this problem. I had a tempered glass screen protector for my S6 that was made to fit the whole screen, but the edges obviously couldn't wrap around the curves leaving gaps, which led to a lot of facial oil seeping underneath the protector over time from long phone conversations . Was disgusting. Got one that only fits the parts it can flush to and now I don't have that problem.

lel
more enjoyable than crossing your fingers that your android device receives an unoptimized shitty update designed for 1000 different phones when then carrier allows it

this is the correct answer
use a shitty free plastic screen protector or nothing

I'm in the same boat. deciding between sony compact phones since they're small and (usually) don't sacrifice performance.
might stick with my iphone 4s and wait til next year.

also, sony prices pretty high.

>your age
>your phone
>how many contacts do you have?

Hey
There was a blackberry thread yesterday or the day before
Can anyone comment on how nice the classic is? Or the q10? I only use my iphone 6 for email, texting, and calling, so having a physical keyboard would be really really nice

I haven't listened to music through my galaxy s3 on a regular basis since I graduated. Is the sound from the 3.5mm plug supposed to suck so much ass? I'm no audiophile, I've got rock zircon's for Christ's sake, but the hissing. My god, the hissing. It's like I'm being earfucked by snakes on both sides. Solid and Liquid are so bad that I'm starting to look into an external DAC. Is this /hpg/ territory, or can anyone here help me?

My Note5 is still so comfy.

I'm getting the base Google Pixel from Google and installing self compiled AOSP, it'll be fucking grand

wut, explain

Finally busted my Galaxy S5's screen after a few years of dropping it
I've been doing minor research into new phones, but am confused

Sprint user, USA, seeking a quick phone (good cpu) with a decent bit of ram so i can use a few apps back n forth without them closing
primarily just used for lurking on the net + occasional snapchat
what are my best options?

Advice from a Verizon user who's also in the market for a new phone: ignore any and all discussion you see on chinkshit. you'll just get upset when you find out none of them support the CDMA bands sprint and verizon use.

I say wait until next week to see if shitty pricing on new pixel phones is true. if it is just grab a 6P once it goes cheaper.

Redpill me on iqshield. Is it better or worse than a glass screen protector?

I'm thinking of selling my iPhone 6s, and getting a Xiaomi Mi5s when it's officially released. Should I chink myself like this?

Fucking moron.

god fucking damn why can't xiaomi just ship to the US holy fuck

Why would anyone buy an android phone when apple still makes objectively the best smartphones? Is it because people are poor?

Xiaomi doesn't even need to market in the U.S holy fuck just give me bands 2/4 so I can at least use this glorious shit on H+ you fucking chinks fuck

>your age
>your phone
iPhone SE
>how many contacts do you have?
Over 230

Why would anyone buy an apple iphone when xiaomi still makes objectively the best smartphones? Is it because people want to be so poor?

Because I don't enjoy being mistaken for a homosexual

I wouldn't say "poor" is the correct term... you can much more phone for the money if you go android.
That said, you often sacrifice longevity and stability over an iPhone.

"Poor" is when you finance a phone.

>That said, you often sacrifice longevity and stability over an iPhone
Are we talking about the same iPhone that basically gets bricked as soon as a new one comes due to updates?

I know a lot of people who still use iPhone 4's and 5's. As much as I like the OS, no Android phone is built to last that long.

>tfw bought a S7 yesterday

I don't regret it

Pixel XL

I'm talking about the iPhone 5 from 2012 which is still receiving OS updates, and with iOS 10 is actually usable.

This thing is from the same era as the GS3 and Nexus 4, both of which are stuck on 4.4.4 and 5, respectively.

>meme iPhone clone

no android phone is built to last 2 years?

is there any point in buying an iphone if i don't own anything else within the apple/ios ecosystem? i know some people with iphone 6's/7's but who don't own a mac/macbook/only use gmail and chrome etc and it seems weird

How u like it so far? Planning on getting one..

The iPhone 4s came out in 2011, buddy.

>I bought an iPhone 7

And I love it

should've got s7 edge for the battery

I have an iPhone SE, and it's the only apple product that I own.
I got it at a good price, and it's slick and reliable.

You don't have to be an apple faggot to use an iPhone.

Are you trying to trigger the autists?

Are you?

Moto g

Are you?

iPhone SE or Xperia Compact Z5/X if I want a small but powerful phone? I don't care about OS and money isn't a problem. Which is the better phone?

Xperia

I actually did buy an iPhone 7 and I actually love it
iOS and Sierra tie together so fucking well it's unbelievable.
>I set a reminder on my iphone and I get reminded on my macbook as well
>music automatically syncs with icloud so I can listen to it whenever
>if I have a webpage open in Safari on my macbook, I can resume reading it on my iphone
>passwords get saved on my icloud keychain so I don't have to worry about them anymore on any device
>can do/take phone calls/texts on my macbook as well

YOUUUUUUUU

...are u tho

R U?

This is why I'd never buy an iPhone, I don't want to blow $1500 on a PC just so I can sync my music and emails easier

>implying those are the reasons I bought the macbook
>god tier screen
>god tier keyboard
>god tier build quality overall
>god tier battery life
>god tier os

Want me to continue? :^)

He's planning on buying a Pixel, unlocking the bootloader, taking AOSP and the Pixel sources, and compiling them into a ROM to flash.

Are you claiming to be a big guy?

How do I update my rooted TWRP'd HTC 10? If I have to restore the whole stock recovery and all, will that make me lose my data?

I'm new to this and very confused

I only replaced my Galaxy S4 a couple months ago. I had to replace the battery once.
I guess it was rooted and I kept it in a bulky case. Both of those things extend the lifespan.

low quality bait but anons took it anyways

It's not better or worse. The material has much more friction but it's better at repelling glare and can resist light scratches. I personally don't like those stretchy screen protectors because swipes take too much effort.

>god tier os
>god tier screen
ehhhhh

Sony has better screen/camera and the OS is close to vanilla android, which is really nice, but the SE is going to be more powerful.
The A9 in the SE, coupled with iOS is a performance machine. Also, the iPhone will be supported for at least the next 3 years, don't know if you can say the same about the sony.

all of this already exists without having to pay apple premiums

1) Backup /data to MicroSD and remove it from phone
2) Install HTC drivers on computer and reboot
3) Use HTC ROM Installer from htc.com/us/support/rom-downloads.html to restore phone to latest stock ROM
4) Reflash TWRP and use it to restore backup of /data
5) Enjoy

If you don't care, get the SE. Great value for money, good battery life, fast updates. Sony can't do value or updates and battery life has been meh the past few generations.

Does your display have sRGB-IEC61966-2.1 color accuracy?
>I thought so

Show me another unified platform that does all of that and I'll sell both of my macbook and iphone today :^)

Oh and root after restoring /data obviously. Wipe caches just in case too (inb4 xda memes).

I can't tell if this is being facetious.

more low quality bait

Thanks, I'll give this a shot later.

Any HTC10 users here us a custom ROM? I might decide to try one. Root is necessary and Pokemon go compatibility is just a plus

Not counting hacked pajeet roms,

The S4 didn't get android 6, and the iPhone 5s of similar vintage is still supported, and will probably get the next iOS too.
Not saying the 5s was a better value overall, but apple does support their products for a while.

Sony is pretty as fuck though and the phones are the fucking best to feel in your hands

It's a pity, they should be outdoing samshit, I don't know why they insist on being retarded and overpricing all the time

I wish I could buy the Mi 5s Plus it's literally perfect but I need my LTE in the states. Are they going to release an unlocked no carrier note 7 in america? What phone should I get similar to the two listed above?

Its a huge stepup from my Z3C for sure.
Apart from Touchwiz its probably the best phone which isn't chinese or explodes you can get at the moment.

The edge didn't fit into my budget, I'm happy with the S7 though.

You're not countering any of my points, boi

Is lagwiz still shit?

My last Samsung phone was the Galaxy S3, which Touchwiz fucked up to the point that I had to throw Cyanogenmod onto it.
It got much better with the S7, I just hope Samsung will roll out Grace UI for the S7/Edge too.

I use Nexus 5 from few years ago with CM13. I bought it for cheap, I like it, and I don't plan to replace it any time soon. Thank you.

Dumb question..

What is CM13?

I envy the simplicity of 2012-2013 phones
Simple plastic builds, few colors, Android was far less locked down, lots of reliable phones with good ROMs

Cyanogenmod 13, custom third part firmware.

What are some cool things about it? Why should I get it?

Can the Z5 Compact play 4k/1080p videos smoothly?

Honestly, compared to vanilla firmware of Nexus phones, not much. I can't come up with a single reason. But if you're using some other Android phone, CM kinda offers the same clean experience that Nexus devices offer, with no bullshit bundled by your phone vendor.

android

wew, you weren't the brightest flower in the garden, were you?

if it can record 4k its should be able to play it too

Yo anyone got some reading material for when I want to start making my own rom. 4 months and only 2 roms out and both look like malware infested pajeet releases for the Huawei P9.

Daily reminder that Apple absolutely fucked up the color management for the iPhone 6s and earlier.
It used to be correctly calibrated for sRGB on iOS9, but now in iOS10, the colors are now dull as fuck.
If this isn't planned obsolescence, I don't know what is.

>WARNING: Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device.

Well fuck

Planned obsolescence is when android manufacturers don't update the phone software for more than 2 years, or not at all in most cases

You can always flash further updates with custom roms if you didn't buy a shit phone. Btw the HTC m7 still gets security updates.

I just got a galaxy note 4 and it was great out of the box. Then it got updated and the split screen apps only work with some apps when before it could work with any app by just dragging the corner down. Did they just fucking remove a feature in an update? I see no difference other than that. It's like the opposite of an update.

Such a good phone, no regrets at all

>custom roms
It should be the manufacturer's duty to bring you fast and reliable updates, not the community's.
What they're doing however is actually making it harder for the community to port updated versions of android (see the community development for any samsung phone newer than 2014). That's planned obsolescence.

Also, the average Joe would rather just buy another phone than flash a custom rom. And the manufacturers know that, and profit off that.

Btw, the iPhone 5 still gets full software updates, and gets them at the same time as the newer iphones.

To de-botnet your phone. It also comes prerooted with none of the supersu china backdoor.

The oneplus 3 exists

Opinions on huawei p9 plus? Worth 500 eurofag coins? I have oneplus 3 already but I prefer a richer software experience and would like a better camera. Is huawei good with updates? I know they already have an N beta available.

Don't get a Huawei phone. They never update their phones. They are the worst at doing that. Why would you buy a phone from an unpopular brand no one buys from over a reputable brand for the same price or less?

I said nonshit phones. Samshit tries to be Apple to hard.
The average Joe has a contract that gives him a new phone every year. Samshit recognized that and said fuck it.
Just that you know: Android kitkat still has more features that I want than ios.

Anyone have opinions on buying a non T-mobile phone for their network? I've been looking around and this is the list that I have come up with for reasonably priced ones that (should) work on their network. The only features I care about is the device working on T-Mobiles network, the camera, and SD card slot is a plus . Anyone have opinions?
- Honor 8
- Nexus 5x
- Nexus 6/6p
- LG G4/5
- one plus 3
- Huawei p9?
- Huawei p9 lite?

The Honor 8 seems to be the best, but I'm open desu.

A (non exhaustive?) list of compatible phones is here.

spectrumgateway.com/compatible-phones

I've got an Xperia z5 Compact.

How would I go about installing the stock rom but without any Google apps and any of the other bloat I want to get rid of.

You don't flash gapps?

help me decide which phone to buy
-large screen (5.5" and up)
-can play games
-doesnt have a shitty battery life
-top of the line camera

>oh the Xiamoi Mi 5s looks nice
>not too expensive
>nice features too
>maybe I'll buy it
>doesn't work with AT&T LTE

wtf senpai

i am genuinely looking to buy a phone as i lost my iphone 6s at da nang airport while in vietnam. i have been looking at the s7 edge and even found it for a good deal here: dicksmith.com.au/da/buy/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-32gb-black-samsung/ its 850 but the retail for it in aus is 1250$ so 850 is a great deal. my budget is 1000$ aud max, what do you all suggest, thanks

One m8 and an iphone 4s
At least 500

Redpill me on RN3P: Kate/International or Kenzo/China version?
Pic is from Aliexpress Goldway

>Kenzo: Cases fit, easier to get updates for (including custom roms) but no 700/800 bands (my provider is expending with 700)
>Kate: Cases won't fit, more shenanigans required for updates, and does have 700/800 bands
>Kate is 2mm longer, doesn't fit with any case, and all CM versions are made for Kenzo. (But portable to kate)

Anyone using Kate ITT?
Can you install CM on Kate?
Where to find fitting cases/glass?

Also what should I ask the seller when purchasing?
- Do I need to ask him to flash the ROM?

Also curious about this. The best way would probably be to root and remove gapps. But rooting is such a pain in the ass when it comes to xperai phones.

LG V20 with Zerolemon
I didn't check but ZUK Z2 and LelEco max 2 could work and are cheaper.
I don't get why people buy samshit. Do whatever you want. They try to be Apple to hard and lock down too much while holding the hardware back with useless features.

mi5s plus

>have gorilla glass
>use screen protector

Do you see why it's stupid in the first place?

Why, fucking why did those gooks have to fuck up the note 7 recall? Was looking forward to buying one now that the price has dropped to 830$ where I live.

I really want a phone with stylus and a great camera, so I have no option but to wait. Hope they solve issues quickly and drop the price even lower.

Man let the poorfags have their fun, the truth is they simply cant afford a macbook + iphone combination since they don't work.

Any hardware acc recommendations for a galaxy S7?

+Seriously better fine details for everything
+UI is tight and friendly on 10
+Battery saver is godly
+Camera app is extra good
+You can feel superior to andrormies and iOSheeple, even though you're not
-Basically the only apps you'll enjoy are Spotify, and finally Facebook by facebook
-There are no apps
-Did we mention no apps?
-Not much UI customisation
+But the tile home screen is still a modern marvel
-Cortana integration
+Cortana intergration
-Bing on Cortana
?The everpresent botnet of microsoft
+Unless going for a flagship, they're generally dirt cheap with little compromise on system fluidity
+You can always remove carrier bloat

Is the 152mm version of RN3P the international one?
I found a seller that is selling the 150mm one and appareantly, works with my carrier. If I buy that one will I be able to put CM in it?
What other differences are there aside from China version not having 4G?

>...and then she farts!

here
Yes the one which is 2mm bigger is international and has more bands, but no official CM ROM although it seems possible with some tweaks.
China version has official CM support. But no 800 or 700 mhz bands.

It will work with your carrier but if they start using more bands (my carrier doesn't use 800 frequencies, but recently started adding 700 antennas), you would get better results with International for long-term use.

The only other difference is for protection cases, I can't find any for the 152mm version.

>support phone for 5 years
>runs like shit
>muh planned obsolescence

>drop support after 2 years to keep it running smooth
>no longer gets new features
>muh planned obsolescence

There's no pleasing you faggots.

Nexus 6P for €270, Samsung Galaxy S6 for €200 or LG G5 for €210? (I'm the least inclined to buy LG though because of its build quality and possible bootloop issues).

I used to have a 5X, if anyone is interested about buying it then I can answer questions.

It's not. Honestly. Not that user but I just got an S7 too. It was 200usd cheaper than HTC 10 in my country and I'd rather get a cheap portable amp... I couldn't justify the price. I'm overall happy with it, coming from an iPhone 5C this thing is amazing. No lag at all. Fast, too. Amoled is taking me a bit to get used to, though.
Exynos version.

>every custom rom looks the same

6P

I wish I had taken better care of my Nexus 5.

How good is CM support on chinkphones?

fuck. i miss nokia.

download.cyanogenmod.org/

Do you have one? If so, are there any issues with it? How is the size?

No.

>yfw Blackberry is now dead
>no face can communicate the pain

Feels bad man. The Priv is the first Android phone I've actually taken a liking to.

>Mi5s Plus
Ok.
>better camera
Yes.
>more battery
Yes!
>for 300$
YES!
>5.7 inch display
GODDAMIT!

>4mp front camera
I know I shouldn't judge a camera by the megapixels but is it really ok?

why do you even care?

I want one.

personally, I wouldn't think too much about front facing-camera.

what 'bout them selfies, nigga? xD

Not LG. Anything but LG.

ZUK Z2 and LelEco max 2
There are many unofficial cm ports.
Research m8

What preferably Android phone should I get?

Oz, not fussed on carrier.

6p

>can't update my HTC10 because no stock recovery RUU available for my region

Well fuck you

Anyone have experience with Leedroid? Might decide to move to a custom rom if I can't restore my stock recovery, fuck this shit

Hey /SPG/, I have a question. I just jumped to Adnroid from Blackberry(sadly), and I'm missing the Blend software that came with BB. It essentially let me respond to emails/texts and transfer files while the phone was connected to the internet.

Now I don't care if I have to plug the phone in via a USB cable, but I'm looking for a way to screenshare/use my mouse/Keyboard on my phone without having to log into a third party site or rooting.

What does Cred Forums recommend?

Hi,

I was thinking of buying a Xiaomi Mi5 128gig. I've found 2 websites that were selling it, but I'm not sure if they're trustworthy. I've read mixxed reviews about both. So I was hoping anyone here could help me out.

Said websites:
banggood
geekbuying

is there a way to block promoted tweets in the native twitter app? I have adaway and luckypatcher but I'm not sure if any of the LP options are appropriate

use another twitter app.

I really like this one tho

get the mi5s instead.

For sellers ask in they know more about trusted sellers.

How do I make my current chinese smartphone not work at all? I wanna buy a new phone and my dad will only buy a new one once my current phone dies.

I have already put the important photos and videos to my cloud storage.

I've been using this shit for about 3 years and I wanna buy a new smartphone.

If i get one of those cheap QWERTY keyboard for smartphones, is there a way to use it in AZERTY mode (ie, replace keys automatically, Q>A, W>Z, etc.)?

Are there apps such has AutoHotKeys on Android?

You have to be over 18 to use Cred Forums.

don't be such a filthy consumerist pig, especially while you still rely on your parents for shit

I just replaced my iPhone 4S because the headphone jack died, it wasn't charging properly, it restarts/crashes randomly etc.

I am 19 ya dip. The thing is I have to depend on dad for my college fees and other shit and I live in a country where I can't work freely(you need a lot of visa paper work, certificates and shit) like you guys in America work.

Dude I didn't say I wanna buy an iPhone 7 or some other high end smartphone. Right now I'm aiming at a $150 smart phone (Lenovo A700) or something cheaper.

so what's a $150 chinkphone got that totally trumps your 3yo chinkphone

Okay, Ill be more specific. My current phone lags a lot and it's shit on wifi even tho the router is like in 1m radius. I have many PDFs from college and the text softwares like WORD, XCEL, PDF, doesn't work properly. It crashes.

False

650 > 800

Anyone with experience on BQ phones?
Was eyeballing the M5 because I like the design.

I went to a shop nearby and found a reasonably priced Lenovo A7000 with 5+ inch screen(perfect for my college uses).

Reviews say very good about it expect the mediatek it has(I understand mediatek is shit but this phone is good).

IT has good speeds which is good for gaming as well. Good camera as well. Also removable back cover and expandable storage makes this almost a perfect buy for me.

GCC?

Anyone have an answer to this?

Sadly yes.

Yes it is

What's the Redmeme 3 western counterpart that actually has a good camera?

My S5 lags a lot and is intact all together. If I move the files to a secure place and then format the phone, will I get back to that factory non-laggy speed?

Is 6 and 8 GB RAM really important on smartphones? I mean you aren't gonna create a game on your smartphone other than surfing porn.

fuck no. 3G should be plenty for everyone. Even if they make 12GB phones the browsers and a couple other apps will just bloat to take up the space

Is there a bearable, modern chinkphone smaller than 5"?

Elephone Q

Nah, it's just to brag around and to increase sales. 1GB is totally enough and iPhone really proved it.

The Apple iPhone 7 Plus doesn't have this problem.

>Elephone Q

I don't find that design isn't bearable

>gaming
The fuck do you play on a phone?

And anyway, what;s your current chinkphone?

What the fuck are dual cameras for?

>I don't isn't

It clearly isn't not for you

back into lurkmode i go

I'm guessing the Xiaomi Redmi 2 Pro is my best bet. Am I wrong?

It is abnormal to hear noise at sound levels +1 and+2 above zero, using low impedance headphones, right?
This is only my second smartphone, I hope to get warranty on this xiaomi redmi note 3 pro.
vocaroo.com/i/s1S3mNza9DE7

(recorded by another phone with my phone's headphone output connected to my guitar amp. So extra noise but the noise "around" the music is only caused by the phone itself, I checked)

z5 compact :^)

Which one of the following would you recommend? I just want a reliable as in long lasting phone with good battery life and customer service if it should shit itself.

>BlackBerry passport for 300€
Is bbos still usable?

>BlackBerry priv for 460€
How are the update situation and battery life?

>iphone as 64gb for 470€
Is it as reliable as old iPhones?

racist

>Is bbos still usable?
it's very usable, but don't expect any apps ever.

Also the company is killing it off slow. It's a shame because the passport is fucking god-tier in design and comfort.

>How are the update situation and battery life?
Very good battery life, lasts my friend 2 days of moderate usage. Big screen, updates pretty frequently.

>Is it as reliable as old iPhones?
No

You're mostly dealing with retards who're even bigger sheeps than the clueless Apple users who're in just because of the brand, that's the issue here

I mean we're talking about idiots jumping in head first onto the first meme and then pretends it's great, trying to convince themselves they made the right choice

This.

AMOLED or LCD? I've had this question for a while now and I've never found a solid answer. Is it just personal preference?

Geekbench+Antutu.

It's Android 6 but it's pretty much hidden/doesn't matter.

DOA.

They are both legit, but shipping from China takes a lot of time unless you use DHL. also, get the Mi5s.

So is this thread only buyer guides and iOS vs Android wars, or can I ask questions that I'd ask in /fglt/ if I had them about GNU/Linux, like how to do XYZ in the terminal?

/SPG/=ShitPosting General.

I see. Luckily I fixed my termux issues in the meantime.

I bought xiaomi redmi 3pro but seller told me they are out of stock and sent me xiaomi redmi3s pro.
Instead of Snapdragon 616 I got now Snapdragon 430. Also gpu are different, ram is same. Agree for that swap or tell them to refund?
tl:dr xiaomi redmi 3 pro or xiaomi redmi 3s pro

CHINK'D

SD430 is better. GPU is better. EMMC is faster, comes with marshmallow. Benchmarks better (~42k antutu). SD430 is based on a newer manufacturing process, has a newer GPU, has more LTE support and should generally run cooler and more efficiently.

lol, maybe compare the specs?
5ghz vs no 5ghz wifi
1080p 5.5 inch vs 720p 5 inch

You got chincked, better ask your money back.

Anyone who can help me out? just need a no or yes: do you experience noise at lowest sound level?

Should I buy the white One plus 3, or is it too gay?

3 PRO is much faster. 3S Pro is a good phone aswell, but if they charge you the same, I'd return it.
kimovil.com/en/compare/xiaomi-redmi-3s-3gb-32-gb,xiaomi-redmi-pro

^^
Ignore the retards above. they are confusing different models like the Redmi Note 3 Pro (SD650) and Redmi Pro (X20).
Redmi 3 and Redmi 3s are both 720p.
SD 616 is the "fixed" version of SD615 which is an overheating piece of shit.
SD430 has a newer GPU, Adreno 505 vs. 405 on the 616. it benchmarks higher and performs better on gaymen and runs cooler.

Shit. What if I only use it for IM apps like WhatsApp.

omg are u talking about same devices as I?
I mean redmi 3pro and redmi 3s pro
and in your link you compared wrong devices, same shit as him^

k bro

lol buy what you want

I hate white phones. They look too girly for me. Don't know why the Silver RN3P is the most selled.

jesus christ this ios10 looks like it was designed by autistic child

>gaint fucking bold font
>still trying to force apple music/beats radio down your throat
>cards for music (???)
>baby's first shading effects that look straight out of windows movie maker
>giant fucking pause/ffw/rewind buttons
>more useless mandatory apps that can't be deleted
>giant fucking volume adjuster
>quick-access menu now has swipe feature so everytime it will take you 7 tries to adjust the brightness without sliding to the next menu
>ugly white mandatory theme
It just keeps getting worse and worse every update

Asphalt 8, Real Racing 3 and that's about it.

Remember the last time Steve left Apple?

My girlfriends phat ass sat on my phone for almost an hour during a concert. The phone's a one plus 3.

I don't see any cracks or bending in the phone but I'm afraid it's fucked. Do I have autism????

>My girlfriends phat ass
Pics?

>My girlfriends phat ass

How phat are we talking about?

Get HTC10

So how bad is the RN3P's camera exactly? Post pics taken with it please

Same here

>My girlfriends phat ass sat on my phone for almost an hour during a concert.

We need pics of your girlfriends ass to make the proper assessments of the damages.

>>more useless mandatory apps that can't be deleted
didn't apple say that they want to make it possible to delete some of those apps? lol

Moto Z (but no headphones jack)
HTC10 ( with adoptable storage)

Is the Moto G4 a good purchase? I plan on buying one soon to replace my fucked up s4.

this is Cred Forums it thinks a thinkpad from 2004 is better hardware than anything from this year.

Looks like theres no alternative to the iPhone SE. The Xperia's are too expensive given their size and expected support through updates.

>That feel when no more Clover
>That feel when iTunes to move files

HTC A9s

Broke my note 3 screen yesterday. Was looking to buy another one. It's also gonna cost 190 to fix if I choose to do that. I just want to your guys opinion if its worth it. There isn't a similar specced phone in the 190 price range and the phones im looking to buy are the OP3 or the V20. Worth it to fix?

AMOLED imo is better.

if you want a smartphone that gets guaranteed updates for the next 3-4 years then the iphone SE is your only choice.

Maybe the z5 compact or the x compact if you are up for custom roms. But it doesn't sound like you are.

Chinkphones.
ZUK Z2 (not the pro) looks like a iPhone 5 and 6 melted in one thing (except the home button). +-250 shekels for flagship specs 5" fhd and 64gb storage.

No get a new phone.

You can get a Note4 for that much
You could also get a Blu Life One X2 which has a 430 in it which is roughly as strong as the Note3's SD800, and has a fingerprinter and 64GB/3GB for 190

when is the LG v20 dropping? Or would I be just as well off going for the G5?

any good chinkphones with support for full at&T network? even the redmeme seems to not support all LTE bands

Blu, Zuk, LeEco phones.

-Honor 5X has full AT&T/T-Mobile, but is admittedly a budget phone
-The LeEco's are good and powerful but lack 3.5mm and SD slots
-Nexus 6P is chink and has no SD and has expensive ROM, but you get Nexus benefits.
-There are some ZTE ones that have compatibility. Axon 7 is probably the strongest competitor there, and I think there's an unofficial unlock for it. Possibly CM13 or 14 soon?
-Blu phones are budget, but most have MTK SoC so no roms. The Blu Life X2 might get some.

Almost every Xiaomi phone does not have ANY compatibility with bands in the U.S, only a handful have Bands 2/4.

>i buy fandroid devices
>I'm an unironic cuck

>t.iCuck

lol why is Xiaomi shilled so hard if they don't even get service?

is it just neckbeards using them as iPod Touches? jesus that's fucking sad.

>8 hours of SoT
>cuck

alright then chief

I bought a Mi 5 last week, specifically for the decent camera and low price. Now I see that they are releasing the Mi 5s with an even better camera.

Should I try and get a refund off Aliexpress, or just kill my self?

>Everyone on the internet is a fat Americuck with third world grade band compatibility
Shart in mart you poor nigger.

They get limited Tmobile 4G/3G, which I guess for some people is enough if they're buying a $200 phone and wanting it to last them 2-4 years.

Honestly I'd buy the fuck out of one of those Xiaomi mi's if they had 4G support here.

If it already shipped your'e fucked unless you wanna pay return shipping to China.
However considering how many leaks there were for the Mi5s in the last month you should definitely kill yourself .

>Zuk
There's no ZUK phone with full 4G U.S support.

Eh, good enough.
Not that you should buy them anyway, the UI is abhorrent and the one button system is shit.

Bump limit
New:

Does it work with the FP reader? I have a Goodix one and I can't seem to get it working with any ROM.

Has anyone here been able to use CM13 on a Redmi Note 3 Pro with the Goodix fingerprint reader?

I hate MIUI but I'm kinda of stuck with it because of that feature.