Currently less than 2% marketshare

>Currently less than 2% marketshare
>homOS X 600% more popular despite being given away for free
Will Linux ever stop being a meme OS?

>If you don't use my meme OS then you are le indian shill XDddd---

>Currently less than 2% marketshare

Oh, you mean 2% marketshare on desktop computers user? You know, marketshare that is dwindling due to mobile eating into desktop sales etc. Also, normies will gravitate to Windows and homOSeX, don't you know? Why the fascination by marketshare OP? Is that how you make a decision? Look at what the rest of the sheep are doing then follow suit? I'll just bet you also like ads and buy based on impulse because, you know, if others are convinced, it must be good, right? RIGHT?

but mobile is iOS (portable OS X)

Why do people still think that desktop market share is relevant again?

>but mobile is iOS (portable OS X)

And Android (Linux kernel) is more prevalent than iOS. So what?

more prevalent with poorfags :^))

Who cares?

You do realize most iPhone users are poorfags who get their itoy on a contract or lease right?

What, you mean just like Android poorfags? Color me surprised.

I think its pretty conservative to say half of the computers you interact with daily are Linux / Unix

We've already won.

>>homOS X
This is an 18+ website.

>No source

I feel okay with this

Let the normies run Wincuck because they fuck everything up once they get involved with something

Look at Ubuntu

Free software doesn't work because its beneficiaries don't work. Never believe leftists. They are wrong by default because they don't believe in a mercantile society. They think we're guided by our own supreme intellect or God or some other superficial shit. Disregard everyone who's bad for business. Fuck them and their ideals. We need to get rid of them together.

The thing about Linux that people fail to realize is that Linux is a developer culture, not a user culture.

The moment Linux gains marketshare, it's because some company (e.g. Red Hat, Canonical) is trying to turn it into a user culture instead, so that it can be marketed to and used by users.

In other words, the rise of the Linux market share and the fall of Linux as a developer culture and hobbyist platform are synonymous. The last thing we want is for our OS to become mainstreamed and normalized, because that will completely destroy everything it stands for.

hipster

TIL 80% of smartphone owners are poorfags.

I find it hilarious that Window's performance share is significantly lower than its system share.

> Usage of an item is defined in purchases

People keep buying phones because they probably aren't quite up to scratch yet

thats actually kinda deceptive, this is because the fastest computers on the list are all linux so the relative performance of the average linux based cluster is going to be much higher.

it doesnt necessarily mean that linux is faster, it means linux clusters are faster.

this is a correlation != causation thing.

just fyi, not a shill for M$. just being a sperg

> mfw all these companies are flattering themselves by building sub-standard disposable products

>The thing about Linux that people fail to realize is that Linux is a developer culture, not a user culture.

It's OpenBSD. Not werks? Write a patch. The largest Linux distros made many effort to make it usable for your average joe too. If they don't use it, it's usually mere ignorance.

"Hipster" is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else's authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you've probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can't define what "that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle" actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That's because you don't use "hipster" to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren't for your own insecurities, nothing that a "hipster" could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - "Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I'm certainly not like those filthy hipsters!" - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, "ironic" Them.

Also the OS will still be good no matter what happens, so your point is mute.

tl;dr

I don't get it. Aren't gay dudes the large majority of os x users?

What's the point of distros then?
Everybody knows Mint, Ubuntu and Elementary are made for newfags who don't care about user freedom, and those distros are cancer anyways.
You'll always have Debian, Fedora, Gentoo or even Arch which will respect your freedoms, even if some distros get ruined like normie-infiltrated Windows or Android.

hipster with asperger's