Good bye Windows 10

I had a wonderful trip through hell on my first encounter with Windows 10, but the bad thing is that the problems just kept on coming. And they still are. I’m currently writing this post on a Windows 10 PC and who knows what could happen as I’m doing so.

>Ethernet Driver Issues

Let’s start with something I thought wasn’t Windows’ fault, but turned out to be one — Ethernet. Although I initially thought my ISP was to blame for my poor connection and frequent cut offs, but that’s not the case at all. Apparently my Ethernet driver randomly fails for no reasons at all. It’s absolutely unpredictable – sometimes I can play a three hour intense game of Grand Theft Auto Online without any hiccups, but other times my driver would fail even when just casually browsing the web.

>GPU Driver Issues

Even though I thought I’ve fully dealt with my share of Adobe-related issues, but I was beyond wrong. It wasn’t long before each and every time I opened Photoshop I was greeted with this message

And this completely baffles me. All my games run just as good as they did on Windows 8.1 (if not better), but something as simple as Photoshop fails to befriend the new GPU drivers. And trust me, I keep checking the NVIDIA app for updates every single day. To be fair, I feel like some of these updates only made matters worse, as I encountered this issue right after updating to the latest version of my driver.

On a side note, a friend of mine with a 17″ Alienware laptop experienced problems even worse than mine. His laptop has a 980M GPU which is an absolute beast, but his latest driver update prevents him from even starting his games, and his laptop crashes as soon as he launches any game. Although he easily solved his issue by installing an older driver, the whole experience of installing a driver that downgrades the performance of your system is something I’ve never really seen before.

But we’re not done with the issues I experienced just yet.

And it happens more often than you might think. If I had a dollar every time that I saw the message shown below, I would have a stable enough money to hire my own software development team and make my own OS.

At first I was mad at the driver developers over at NVIDIA for not fully testing their drivers before releasing them to the public, but later on I found out that this issue isn’t exclusive to NVIDIA graphics cards. My cousin’s Lenovo laptop with an AMD R5 M230 also bumps into the same problems, even when he’s not using a multi-monitor setup. Talk about issues.

>Audio Problems

Even though it’s been quite a long time since I shared my audio driver issues with Windows 10, there is still no official fix for this problem. Forums, discussions, driver updates, and supposed fixes have brought me nowhere. And the problem is insanely annoying. Even at just level 20 on the system volume, the audio comes out over-amplified and distorted. It doesn’t matter if I’m listening through the laptop speakers, headphones, or external speakers. It’s all the same.

How?!
To be fair, this hasn’t bugged me too much since I own an external audio card. Luckily, that works just fine and I didn’t have to do anything. Of course this solution only works if you primarily use your laptop at home, where you’ve got plenty of desk space to work with. But what if you’re on an airplane and want to watch a movie with proper sound? Should you lug around an external audio card? Obviously not. So, please, Microsoft and Realtek, get it together and fix this once and for all.

>Freezing Up

Changing the picture on your lock screen was once considered dangerous and geeky. Windows 8.1 changed that by adding the option for users to select their own image as a lock screen. And people loved it. But with Windows 10, there’s a new graphical element that everyone’s trying to change — the login screen.

Fiddle around in the settings as much as you want, but you won’t find an option to get rid of the Windows 10 hero image that appears on your login screen. Sure, it looks quite nice, but sooner or later it will be a bore.

I thought I had found the solution though. Multiple developers out there have made third-party apps to change this screen to whatever you please — either an image or a solid color. At least that’s what I thought when I started researching if changing the login screen is even possible. Here’s an example of the two apps I tried that claim they can change your login screen look

I was completely unable to login afterwards

TLDR:

Do NOT fall fo the botnet 10 meme

fucking kill yourself. no one cares about your blog shit

You cared enough to post though

Forge is fun

I sympathize Bro,
I'm still using Windows 7 and having all these problems with ... uh ... well.
Oh, never mind.

yeah after having multiple negative experiences with W10 I will be staying with W7

>If I had a dollar every time that I saw the message shown below, I would have a stable enough money to hire my own software development team and make my own OS.

Jesus fucking christ what the fuck is Microshit doing?

>i wanted to change the login screen because it was a "bore"

You kidding me mate?

windows users.

the only problem i have with using windows 7 is than new shit only comes out for windows 10...like dx12

but it doesnt bother me because the new shit fucking sucks balls bigtime. its not "get off my lawn" or "ur growing out of old hobbies bro" the new shit isnt innovative at all, they keep making shit faster and screens bigger and games shinier and shit uses more ram...they increase the requirements for their programs but the programs do the exact same garbage as 10 years ago...they arent utilizing their tools, they just make more shit that requires bigger tools. its fucking horrific.

windows, mac
nvidia, amd
firefox, chrome
intel, amd
republican, democrat
pepsi, coke
paper, plastic

its like theyre both fucking shit dont you understand!?!? make something worthwhile you fucking greedy assholes! you only want another fucking yacht! ive stopped buying anything new at all, except food.

it's the consumerist attitude, it's a terrible time we live in

>building new tower
>gonna dual boot 7 and 10
>because that dx12
>it'll be my first win10 experience

if it's shit, i hope vulkan becomes mainstream.

You didn't remove your graphics card properly, eject it next time.

>freetards crying about problems less than a % of the M$ userbase has
>have Win10 installed since launch, never had a single issue
>the amount of people having issues with Win10 is smaller than the combination of people using any kind of distro having driver issues

Heh...
Thanks for making me reply, earned myself a dollar.

Top kek

Works on my machine

>forced to re-educate from lack of jobs in my area
>mandatory windows 10 usage
>nothing wrong so far
>update to Anniversary Edition
>nothing wrong
>two days later massive lag everywhere. pc is practically unusable.
>revert back to 10586
>most of the lag is gone
>most
>constant 100 % harddrive usage
>probably have to reinstall tomorrow
Fuck everything.

Linux doesn't have this problem.

HOLY SHIT WINKEKS BTFO

WINKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH!!

Windows also sucks or programming.

>this thread
my fucking sides

Works on my machine :^)

My Windows 10 is pretty reliable :\

doesn't K-on ever get boring to watch? I mean sure waifus, but lets be real... there are better waifus and better shows. Step it up.

what screen you using?

Yes it's boring as heck, but I told a guy on Cred Forums that I'd watch it

It's a laptop - Alienware 17 r3. The screen is very nice, but I don't know the brand nor do I care to research it.

>was working under Win 7 on my diploma thesis some three months ago
>went to the bathroom
>came back; "Windows 10 is now ready to be installed. We'll be restarting your computer in a short while."
>I hadn't clicked on anything
>I hand't agreed to anything
>I hadn't even been warned it was downloading in the background
This is how you generate serious trust issues. Windows 10 didn't have a chance after behaving this way.

Sveikas pauliau :P

The fuck?